Fordham taking forever to reply

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MandM

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby MandM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 am

palmettoru wrote:Good morning everyone, and welcome to another week of waiting! :-)

Does anyone know how the PT class is ranked? I am guessing that the PT is ranked independent of the FT, unless you transfer over?

Good morning.
Where would one be able to get access to the current class rankings?

Anyone else having dreams(nightmares) about this?

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 am

MandM wrote:
Anyone else having dreams(nightmares) about this?

haha it's actually funny that you mention dreaming about the waitlist, b/c last night i woke up in the middle of the night from a dream where a lady from the ad-com was explaining to me that "now that classes have started, we can no longer admit anyone from the waitlist :-( "

blankslate

Postby blankslate » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 am

Hey palmettoru,
I talked to one of my supervisors at work who did Fordham FT about just that issue. He said he had some 'rich' classmates in PT who were PT but didn't work. Since they took less credits and had oodles of time to study, their rankings were usually high. To close that loophole it seems that since then the rankings have been disaggregated. Hope that helps.
Another week of waiting. Here's to hoping I can still be admitted into PT or FT!! (Raises cup of coffee)...

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:46 am

hrmm.. so i guess that is good for the FT people, but bad for the PT people that are working full-time.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 pm

palmettoru wrote:hrmm.. so i guess that is good for the FT people, but bad for the PT people that are working full-time.

TITCR

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm

I am glad the rankings are no more. One less thing to obsess about! I do hear that 3.3 is top third at present, though, unofficially speaking.

MandM: I actually had a nightmare a few days after I got in. I dreamed that I witnessed the final battle scene in Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks's character was talking to me, and he kept saying, "Earn this. Earn this."

misformafia

Postby misformafia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 pm

I just spoke with someone from admissions and in case anyone else was in purgatory - most if not all students whose applications are being "reconsidered" (aka those who were rejected from FT but had their applications switched to PT) have not yet been reviewed. She indicated that that would be happening in the coming weeks.

So if you're like me and have been given the cold shoulder, it's alright, hopefully good news will be coming soon!

I feel much better now. I honestly thought they had lost my application.

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Has anyone looked into what it takes to make law review as a PT student? What % do you have to be in? Or is it more holistic than numbers?

unaplgticmocker

Postby unaplgticmocker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 pm

misformafia wrote:I just spoke with someone from admissions and in case anyone else was in purgatory - most if not all students whose applications are being "reconsidered" (aka those who were rejected from FT but had their applications switched to PT) have not yet been reviewed. She indicated that that would be happening in the coming weeks.

So if you're like me and have been given the cold shoulder, it's alright, hopefully good news will be coming soon!

Thanks for the update.

MandM

Postby MandM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

misformafia wrote:I just spoke with someone from admissions and in case anyone else was in purgatory - most if not all students whose applications are being "reconsidered" (aka those who were rejected from FT but had their applications switched to PT) have not yet been reviewed. She indicated that that would be happening in the coming weeks.

Is this in reference to people who requested the change and their status checker does not reflect their waitlist status? If the status checker has you on the waitlist after the switch, are you awaiting a review?

MandM

Postby MandM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:54 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:MandM: I actually had a nightmare a few days after I got in. I dreamed that I witnessed the final battle scene in Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks's character was talking to me, and he kept saying, "Earn this. Earn this."

Whoa, that's intense. No pressure, though... Lol.

misformafia

Postby misformafia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:56 pm

MandM,

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify -

I am NOT waitlisted. I was rejected from FT, then, as is a policy of theirs, I requested to have my app reconsidered for PT.

Since that date back in January they have taken no action on my app (So in LSN terms I'm still "pending"). I thought that they had lost it or something of that nature, but what the adcomm told me was that applicants who have had their apps swtiched from FT to PT, like me, have not been reviewed yet. And moreover, that it's normal procedure.

If, however, in your case you were waitlisted subsequent to the switch to PT I don't know. Or if you switched after being waitlisted I don't know either.

HOWEVER, she did tell me that if you switch programs the status checker WILL NOT reflect the change. Mine does because I called in March and they did it for me, but normal procedure is for the switch to not appear.

I hope that helps!

unaplgticmocker

Postby unaplgticmocker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:47 pm

I know this sounds neurotic, but I swear they went in and changed around my email addresses on status checker today. I don't ever remember having a secondary one listed before. I wonder if I should be proud of my observation skills, or hiding the obsessing that caused me to notice...

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

MandM wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:MandM: I actually had a nightmare a few days after I got in. I dreamed that I witnessed the final battle scene in Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks's character was talking to me, and he kept saying, "Earn this. Earn this."

Whoa, that's intense. No pressure, though... Lol.

Lol, yes. Cleareyes and Mallard made endless fun of me for sharing that. I do feel pressured, though, and I absolutely felt that I was not the "best" person on the waitlist on May 1st. Geoanthem was right; I do want Fordham to admit as many people as possible, especially waitlisted TLSers.

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am

Just like to mention the shoutout to me in the previous post :)

blankslate

Postby blankslate » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:48 pm

palmettoru wrote:Has anyone looked into what it takes to make law review as a PT student? What % do you have to be in? Or is it more holistic than numbers?

This is a really interesting question, Palmettoru. I would like to know some basic information like how many of the Law Review people in each class came out of PT and FT respectively. My guess is that getting on law review is somewhat like law school admissions. If you have ridiculously high numbers (GPA) in your first year you are automatically in. If you fall short of that, then it becomes a more holistic process. I also think that a writing sample is supposed to be a determinant. The other thing is that Law Review is supposed to be a significant extracurricular time committment. How much time would you have to committ if you're working full time??

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 am

I wish I had more specifics regarding Law Review... Ad Com did mention that from a scheduling standpoint PT students are able to participate in it, but I'm not sure how many of them actually end up doing it. Also, such a large portion of the class transfers over to full time after the 1st year anyways. On a side note, if you are working 9-5pm and in class 6-9pm 3 nights a week -- when would you participate in EC's? Are a lot of the meetings held on Sunday evenings or weekends? Or are they held relatively late, say around 10pm on weekdays?

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:44 am

palmettoru wrote:I wish I had more specifics regarding Law Review... Ad Com did mention that from a scheduling standpoint PT students are able to participate in it, but I'm not sure how many of them actually end up doing it. Also, such a large portion of the class transfers over to full time after the 1st year anyways. On a side note, if you are working 9-5pm and in class 6-9pm 3 nights a week -- when would you participate in EC's? Are a lot of the meetings held on Sunday evenings or weekends? Or are they held relatively late, say around 10pm on weekdays?

4 nights/week, but i guess not necessarily for 3 full hrs every night

someone pls correct me, but i thought i remember reading (whether on TLS or somewhere else) that there were specific spots held in LR/other ECs for p/t students

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:12 pm

How's the wait going for everyone? Any news?

MandM

Postby MandM » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:19 pm

palmettoru wrote:How's the wait going for everyone? Any news?

Tough... no news what so ever. :cry:

And you?

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 pm

nothing new on my end either. I guess it makes sense that everything will be slow for a few weeks until other schools start moving on their WL. There is another thread that I can't find right now indicating reported WL movement at all schools and it seems like many schools have not even started admitting from the WL yet. If anyone has a link to that thread I think it would be useful to have it here. Good luck everyone!

unaplgticmocker

Postby unaplgticmocker » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Someone got in off the list today according LSN.

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 pm

unaplgticmocker wrote:Someone got in off the list today according LSN.

Today or last week?

Nothing changed on mine either.

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:57 pm

lilac...congrats on cardozo

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:lilac...congrats on cardozo

Thanks! :D I can stay in NYC now!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”