Fordham taking forever to reply

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smiskers

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby smiskers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm

CONGRATSS!!!!! OMG. OMG OMG. MORE MOVEMENT!

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 pm

pammy1985 wrote:IIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'M STILL SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Pammy, we all know how much you wanted it. Are you in PT?

smiskers

Postby smiskers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 pm

how did you find out?!

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm

pammy1985 wrote:IIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'M STILL SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. Congrats. we all know how bad you wanted this. well done!

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 pm

congrats pammy...happy to see how excited/appreciative you are

boxwolf

Postby boxwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Congrats!!!

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:21 pm

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!! :D

Yeah I was pretty annoying - sorry guys!!! I'm in PT.

Found out by email and then status checker.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 pm

OMG CONGRATS! Now we will finally get to meet you! This is seriously wonderful news; there is no feeling in the world quite like admission to your first choice school when you've nearly given up hope.

I don't think Dean Brown would have lied about it, but I am beginning to believe that someone at Fordham must be reading these threads and acting accordingly. It's too strong a coincidence, unless the newly admitted kids have been just as obnoxious off TLS. (I know I was!)

Anyway, I am absolutely thrilled for Pammy. I think everyone in our class should be as thrilled as she is!

wahoo

Postby wahoo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Congrats! I will miss you on TLS:) Can you PM me your numbers? Thanks.

wahoo

Postby wahoo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:

OMG CONGRATS! Now we will finally get to meet you! This is seriously wonderful news; there is no feeling in the world quite like admission to your first choice school when you've nearly given up hope.

I don't think Dean Brown would have lied about it, but I am beginning to believe that someone at Fordham must be reading these threads and acting accordingly. It's too strong a coincidence, unless the newly admitted kids have been just as obnoxious off TLS. (I know I was!)

Anyway, I am absolutely thrilled for Pammy. I think everyone in our class should be as thrilled as she is!

I don't know about that; how would they know our real names?

Conan

Postby Conan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Congrats Pammy.
I told ya you'll get in. :D

OS, as I mentioned before I'm personally convinced that Fordham adcoms monitor this particular thread.
Remember how I was telling you that I never received my official letter and the package that was supposed to be sent on 3/30?
Well, this is the only place I shared that information and tada~ the package got to me like a week after or so.
The letter was dated 3/30 but the parcel was postmarked on mid-late May (forgot the exact date). :lol:

Anyway, congrats again Pammy~

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Was this thread around back for my drama? Cuz if so, it didn't make a difference... lol

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! And I'll probably hang around TLS for a bit longer just to see how everyone else is coming along. I sort of, kind of think that they do look at these threads also.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I wish I knew how these decisions actually get made.
Some of our identities are more obvious than those of others; once I posted my school and major, it would not have taken Sherlock Holmes to work out my identity even without my numbers. I have a feeling Pammy would not have been hard to identify either. Geo harassed me about this a few days ago, but I really do wish Fordham could take all the people who love the school as much as we do.

smiskers

Postby smiskers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:42 pm

i'm starting to feel like the last pick in a playground kickball game. :(

fordham - pick me pick me pick me pick me!

smiskers

Postby smiskers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm

pammy when was your last correspondence w/ the school? before your wonderful news i mean!

Rachyk

Postby Rachyk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Congratulations! I have been checking my status checker obsessively, hopefully the rest of us will hear something soon!!

bostonlegal

Postby bostonlegal » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm

smiskers wrote:i'm starting to feel like the last pick in a playground kickball game. :(

fordham - pick me pick me pick me pick me!

I feel the same way!

Meanwhile, I'm desperately wanting to call and check in on my waitlist card (status checker hasn't been updated with my new address or addition of PT application), but trying to refrain from stalking them anymore than I already do!

But congrats Pammy, that's awesome.

Rachyk

Postby Rachyk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm

When do you think it would be appropriate to send another LOCI? I sent my first one in at the beginning of May and I called yesterday but was told that they would not have any waitlist information anytime soon and did not ask for my information. I would give ANYTHING to get in!! Any advice is much appreciated :D

wahoo

Postby wahoo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:56 pm

I am loosing hope...time to start looking for a job.:(

palmettoru

Postby palmettoru » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Congratulations Pammy!

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:00 pm

bostonlegal wrote:I feel the same way!
Meanwhile, I'm desperately wanting to call and check in on my waitlist card (status checker hasn't been updated with my new address or addition of PT application), but trying to refrain from stalking them anymore than I already do!
But congrats Pammy, that's awesome.

Bostonlegal, I am desperately waiting too. My status checker hasn't been updated either. I called to ask for the change of the address and also asked to be considered for both PT and FT program.

Pammy, Congratulations!!!, I am so jealous!

Monaco

Postby Monaco » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Quick question...... Did anyone hear from their FT program?

I just sent back my waitlist letter (last week) and also sent in another LOR from my supervisor at one of my jobs. It was sent directly to Dean Brown and the admissions department. I am contemplating sending another LOCI but I am not sure there doesnt seem to be much movement for the FT program (I checked to be considered for both programs but I really want FT) Feeling like my chances are dismal at this point just don't know .

*****CONGRATS PAMMY!

bostonlegal

Postby bostonlegal » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Monaco wrote:Quick question...... Did anyone hear from their FT program?

I just sent back my waitlist letter (last week) and also sent in another LOR from my supervisor at one of my jobs. It was sent directly to Dean Brown and the admissions department. I am contemplating sending another LOCI but I am not sure there doesnt seem to be much movement for the FT program (I checked to be considered for both programs but I really want FT) Feeling like my chances are dismal at this point just don't know .

*****CONGRATS PAMMY!

I think someone got in last week a few pages back, but I haven't seen anything else on LSN or here. Someone on this thread spoke to Kate Cunningham, who said there is room in both programs.

I also met with Kate Cunningham a few weeks ago, and she told me last year they literally made hundreds of offers off the waitlist (but not so much the year before.) For that reason they keep the list large so I am sure they have a lot to go through while making decisions. I'll give up hope when they make a bunch of acceptances and still haven't chosen me...it's early yet, I think!

wahoo

Postby wahoo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you for the glimpse of hope, BL! However, I would like to let everyone down because I got a response from DB today saying that it is not looking good for us. He basically said that their classes are back to full and they will be accepting as people withdraw. He also mentioned that FT is not looking good. Sorry if I am ruining everone's day. I feel really down myself and even considering to take the rest of day off. :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”