Fordham taking forever to reply

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pammy1985

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Postby pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:You should have seen the stacks of paper applications in the dean's office. It was an absolute sea of paperwork! I don't envy the man his job at all.

...He is such a kind, thoughtful man, though. Even Hoff thought so. He is doing his best to get everything sorted quickly. He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!

It is first time that I wish I am still waitlisted for the next two weeks. :)
Please Fordham let me in. :D

I am not even on the waitlist. I have NOTHING!!!

I want to see you guys get in! About the screenshot, though: Conan helped us all by deferring!

I know this is awful, but it seriously won't be much longer. They do update the status checker every day during this critical period.

Do you know if they do it throughout the day or is there a certain time every day they update? I just want to stop checking it every 2 minutes.

Conan

Postby Conan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Whoa~ Didn't mean to offend anybody with the screen shot.
I just posted it with circled dates to show how long the process took for me. That's all. :roll:

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm

I wish I knew the update time. Seriously, guys, Conan is everyone's best friend right now. The PT class is basically FULL. If people do not withdraw, defer, or fail to pay their second seat deposits on June 1st, no one else will be getting in! Fortunately, we know that admitted students do all of these things, so there is still room for hope!

Conan

Postby Conan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:09 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Also, can you tell me how you got that screen shot? I want to make one. Art project! <3

1. You press "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
2. Open the Microsoft paint
3. Just click "paste" and tada~ you have your screen shot!

I asked for a deferral just for you Opera. =D

Conan, when we are classmates in '10, drinks are on me. Stand by for some very obnoxious digital art!

Heh, all jokings aside, I really think adcoms granted my request only to take you instead!
So I'm the one who owes a drink since I really needed to take this year off.
I really think you are a great addition to the school and will be a huge asset in the long run for Fordham.

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Conan wrote:Whoa~ Didn't mean to offend anybody with the screen shot.
I just posted it with circled dates to show how long the process took for me. That's all. :roll:

awww you didn't offend me, I'm just jealous, that's all. :|

Conan

Postby Conan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm

pammy1985 wrote:

Don't be jealous~ You have much better numbers than me so I know you'll be getting the good news soon! :D
Just be patient with Fordham and they'll reward you for it.
I applied semi-early in November and they took 18 weeks to get back to me so give them few more weeks (I know it's easier said than done.).

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Conan wrote:Heh, all jokings aside, I really think adcoms granted my request only to take you instead!
I really think you are a great addition to the school and will be a huge asset in the long run for Fordham.

Conan, I hope you are right! I feel such survivor's guilt... although I was not at all the most deserving candidate, I will be spending every moment of the next three years repaying Dean Brown and Fordham admissions for their faith in me. I intend to give everything I have to this class.

I am glad you were granted your deferral, for reasons that go beyond mere selfishness! :wink: Come and find me when you are a 1L.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Conan wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

Don't be jealous~ You have much better numbers than me so I know you'll be getting the good news soon! :D
Just be patient with Fordham and they'll reward you for it.
I applied semi-early in November and they took 18 weeks to get back to me so give them few more weeks (I know it's easier said than done.).

This is only too true. My total wait time: 25 weeks. (24 from my complete date.)

That is 175 days from the day I applied.

Conan

Postby Conan » Thu May 07, 2009 1:24 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:Heh, all jokings aside, I really think adcoms granted my request only to take you instead!

Conan, I hope you are right! I feel such survivor's guilt... although I was not at all the most deserving candidate, I will be spending every moment of the next three years repaying Dean Brown and Fordham admissions for their faith in me. I intend to give everything I have to this class.

I am glad you were granted your deferral, for reasons that go beyond mere selfishness! :wink: Come and find me when you are a 1L.

I'll be looking for 2L who's always wearing Fordham Law apparel to classes. :lol:

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:You should have seen the stacks of paper applications in the dean's office. It was an absolute sea of paperwork! I don't envy the man his job at all.

...He is such a kind, thoughtful man, though. Even Hoff thought so. He is doing his best to get everything sorted quickly. He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!

TITCR, I hated what he was telling me, but I loved his honesty, sincerity and integrity while he was saying it.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Conan wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

I'll be looking for 2L who's always wearing Fordham Law apparel to classes. :lol:

LOLs! My fashion merchandising friends will disown me if they see what I've taken to wearing.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 pm

hoffb86 wrote:

TITCR, I hated what he was telling me, but I loved his honesty, sincerity and integrity while he was saying it.

He is a good guy. He just emailed me back... I really think he feels awful about all this.

I will never stop wishing I had some kind of miraculous LSAT inflating button. I would give it to you in a heartbeat.

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok, I just spoke to someone at Admissions and she said that the status checker won't be updated until about a week from now, when all the responses will be made. Still frustrated!

unaplgticmocker

Postby unaplgticmocker » Thu May 07, 2009 1:50 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!

Here's hoping that goes for FT also. Odd that they're going to dissolve the waitlist without having finished review apps isn't it, or are they just assuming anyone they haven't answered yet isn't going to want to come at this point anyways?

lawlschoolcandid

Postby lawlschoolcandid » Thu May 07, 2009 1:54 pm

unaplgticmocker wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!

Here's hoping that goes for FT also. Odd that they're going to dissolve the waitlist without having finished review apps isn't it, or are they just assuming anyone they haven't answered yet isn't going to want to come at this point anyways?

I haven't heard, but I sure want to attend!

hast2012

Postby hast2012 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Hello everyone. I wanted to give hope to some of you out there...yesterday morning, I got a call from Fordham asking me if I was still interested in their PT program--they told me they are running behind and that based on the comments on my application I was most likely going to be accepted if I wanted. I applied late december and have not heard anything since then. 3.3/165 for the record. I already got into my #1 choice (hastings) so I declined. Hope one of you gets that spot.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Monaco

Postby Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

hast2012 wrote:Hello everyone. I wanted to give hope to some of you out there...yesterday morning, I got a call from Fordham asking me if I was still interested in their PT program--they told me they are running behind and that based on the comments on my application I was most likely going to be accepted if I wanted. I applied late december and have not heard anything since then. 3.3/165 for the record. I already got into my #1 choice (hastings) so I declined. Hope one of you gets that spot.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

I know people are hearing feedback for PT but anything from the admissions committee for the FT program ?

pammy1985

Postby pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:06 pm

hast2012 wrote:Hello everyone. I wanted to give hope to some of you out there...yesterday morning, I got a call from Fordham asking me if I was still interested in their PT program--they told me they are running behind and that based on the comments on my application I was most likely going to be accepted if I wanted. I applied late december and have not heard anything since then. 3.3/165 for the record. I already got into my #1 choice (hastings) so I declined. Hope one of you gets that spot.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Are they assuming that if they didn't get back to us until now, we are not interested anymore? That's not right!

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:07 pm

hoffb86 wrote:

I emailed a LOCI to Dean Brown this Tuesday. And he emailed today saying that my chances are not looking too good and the class is full even a few too many. He said he was sorry for the bad news. Sigh. Nothing I can do now, I guess.

Fordham is my first choice. I really love the location.

Monaco

Postby Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:

I emailed a LOCI to Dean Brown this Tuesday. And he emailed today saying that my chances are not looking too good and the class is full even a few too many. He said he was sorry for the bad news. Sigh. Nothing I can do now, I guess.

Lilac did you apply for PT or FT?

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Monaco wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:

Lilac did you apply for PT or FT?

I applied FT

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:19 pm

I got my response back fairly quick. I submitted my application on Dec. 23 and found out waitlist status on line on Jan.23, 2009.
I sent one extra LOR and three LOCI already.

Monaco

Postby Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Lilac529 wrote:I got my response back fairly quick. I submitted my application on Dec. 23 and found out waitlist status on line on Jan.23, 2009.

Well they say sometimes no news is good news.... but i'm not sure in this case. I have been complete since 1/20 for their FT program

Lilac529

Postby Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Monaco wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:I got my response back fairly quick. I submitted my application on Dec. 23 and found out waitlist status on line on Jan.23, 2009.

Well they say sometimes no news is good news.... but i'm not sure in this case. I have been complete since 1/20 for their FT program

I GUESS now is the best time to say that. Hope you get in. Good luck!
How is your stat? I think now they will only take high LSATers.

ams8

Postby ams8 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 pm

wow. i'm starting to feel like i paid them $70 to just throw my app in the trash. how sad.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”