Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danielfgator

Bronze

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by danielfgator » Wed May 13, 2009 5:22 pm

smiskers wrote:thanks for the withdrawal! hopefully the spot will go to one of us. where will you be going?
I withdrew from PT.

Right now I'm deposited at Cornell but I'm crossing my fingers to get off the Columbia WL so I don't have to move out of the City.

d-bag

New

Post by d-bag » Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
danielfgator wrote:
smiskers wrote:thanks for the withdrawal! hopefully the spot will go to one of us. where will you be going?
I withdrew from PT.

Right now I'm deposited at Cornell but I'm crossing my fingers to get off the Columbia WL so I don't have to move out of the City.
Oh Dan, I'm sorry about the money! I'm really sad about Fordham's tiny endowment; the school has got to get some more money for scholarships! I know you will enjoy Cornell, and I really do hope you get off the Columbia waitlist.
Fordham actually prefers to give need-based scholarships instead of merit-based scholarships. When I had a toss-up between FLS and Emory, Emory told me that there's no chance of me getting need-based money on top of my merit $$,$$$, while Fordham threw extra named need-based $$,$$$ my way in addition to my merit $,$$$. This probably hurts them in recruitment more than they realize, but I have a feeling that it's a remnant of ex-Dean Feerick's vision for a more PI driven school.

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Heads up: I contacted Fordham today about the deposit deadlines, for those wondering. They told me they would extend the first deposit deadline for me until May 22nd (I guess the original was April 15th, which of course was long before I got my decision). I'm sending out my check tomorrow.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm

CrazyLawStudent wrote:Heads up: I contacted Fordham today about the deposit deadlines, for those wondering. They told me they would extend the first deposit deadline for me until May 22nd (I guess the original was April 15th, which of course was long before I got my decision). I'm sending out my check tomorrow.

Would you mind telling me how much are the deposits, first and second? I need to set it aside for when they do accept me. (I'm just trying to be very optimistic, not cocky)

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm

First deposit = $ 400
Second deposit = $ 600

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 pm

silenziatori wrote:First deposit = $ 400
Second deposit = $ 600
Thank You!!! :D
pammy1985 wrote:
CrazyLawStudent wrote:Heads up: I contacted Fordham today about the deposit deadlines, for those wondering. They told me they would extend the first deposit deadline for me until May 22nd (I guess the original was April 15th, which of course was long before I got my decision). I'm sending out my check tomorrow.

Would you mind telling me how much are the deposits, first and second? I need to set it aside for when they do accept me. (I'm just trying to be very optimistic, not cocky)
I did the same thing, Pammy. :D
One day I'll be able to look back at these days of misery and laugh. :)

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm

I was just waitlisted a few minutes ago. OMG THIS IS THE MOST AGONIZING MINDF..K I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!!!!!!! How do they pick ppl off the waitlist?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:23 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:I was just waitlisted a few minutes ago. OMG THIS IS THE MOST AGONIZING MINDF..K I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!!!!!!! How do they pick ppl off the waitlist?
Ok, deep breath. You know how to do this. Visit and LOCI. You originally applied PT, right?
Yes PT from start. OK now. Should I go in with bribes? 8) j/k...I'll go visit by the end of this week and write a nice LOCI. Should I bring the LOCI to the office myself or should I email it?

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 pm

pammy1985 wrote:I was just waitlisted a few minutes ago. OMG THIS IS THE MOST AGONIZING MINDF..K I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!!!!!!! How do they pick ppl off the waitlist?
this IS agonizing. Visit and LOCI might help. But my guess is that LSAT score has more weight.
Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:31 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Ok, deep breath. You know how to do this. Visit and LOCI. You originally applied PT, right?
Yes PT from start. OK now. Should I go in with bribes? 8) j/k...I'll go visit by the end of this week and write a nice LOCI. Should I bring the LOCI to the office myself or should I email it?
If you are going to visit, try to talk to admission officer and hand the LOCI to him.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Wed May 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Oh god, I'm sorry to hear that Pammy. Fight till the death!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: Lilac knows the score! The fact that they waitlisted you means there may be more room in the class.
:D Thanks, OS. I definitely hope so!

I emailed and called Dean Brown asking him to put me on both FT and PT waitlist. He didn't respond. I left a voice message, but I was so darn nervous and my voice was breaking. Sigh.

Drafting an another LOCI now.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:

:D Fight till the Death!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote:

:D Fight till the Death!!!
THIS IS WAR!!!! You know, I'm completely against torture, but in this case I think some "enhanced interrogation techniques" could do a world of good!!!!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Wed May 13, 2009 10:57 pm

d-bag wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
danielfgator wrote:
I withdrew from PT.

Oh Dan, I'm sorry about the money! I'm really sad about Fordham's tiny endowment; the school has got to get some more money for scholarships! I know you will enjoy Cornell, and I really do hope you get off the Columbia waitlist.
Fordham actually prefers to give need-based scholarships instead of merit-based scholarships. When I had a toss-up between FLS and Emory, Emory told me that there's no chance of me getting need-based money on top of my merit $$,$$$, while Fordham threw extra named need-based $$,$$$ my way in addition to my merit $,$$$. This probably hurts them in recruitment more than they realize, but I have a feeling that it's a remnant of ex-Dean Feerick's vision for a more PI driven school.

Thanks Opera! It's looking more and more like Ithaca's winters are in my future!! lol

d-bag, I actually was only expecting to receive need-based aid like I have from every other school that has accepted me so far. I know my numbers don't merit any scholarship money, but I was very surprised when Dean Brown replied to my email today saying I would not qualify for merit nor need-based aid without even reviewing my FAFSA or tax returns docs, etc...
I don't know, he made my decision much simpler than what I thought I would be.

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Waitlisted as well with a 167/3.5 for FT. I hate the February LSAT!!!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:21 pm

bostonlegal wrote:

sorry to hear that. But I think you still have a shot if some people are withdrawing from FT.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Wed May 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
bostonlegal wrote:

sorry to hear that. But I think you still have a shot if some people are withdrawing from FT.

Thanks! I really hope so...

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Waitlisted for PT as of yesterday... 163 / 3.0

misformafia

New

Post by misformafia » Thu May 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Rejected from FT in November, switched to PT - still waiting!!! 159/ 3.8

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

palmettoru wrote:Waitlisted for PT as of yesterday... 163 / 3.0
Me too. Oh please, oh please oh please!!!

General point:
BTW: If anyone is not planning to attend Fordham but hasn't withdrawn yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? We need the space, so please call and withdraw! :!: :!: :!:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:34 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:To the newest waitlistees: I know it really sucks, but it isn't a death sentence. You know what to do... Stay on the school's radar, and your chances go way up!

Pammy: People officially get "undeposited" on June 1st if they fail to make their second payment. At that point, things will get moving again. I know of several double depositers. There will be space in the class soon.
That sounds great and I hope they go with the other deposit. I met with D.B. What a great guy!

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Thu May 14, 2009 2:36 pm

As always, thanks for the advice OS. Good luck everyone!

smiskers

New

Post by smiskers » Thu May 14, 2009 3:15 pm

what sucks is that while i'm waiting for fordham to open up, i'll have to send in deposits elsewhere by june 1 as well. its so circular. >:\ i could be giving my spot @ other schools up and pass around some karma! i worry that ppl are in my situation about fordham, hence tying up those spots just as safeties.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Opera, do you know when is the start date for part time program? Thanks.

I decided to go visit the campus on Monday instead of waiting for response from Dean Brown here. I need to make sure they do put me on both waitlist. Now I prefer part time than full time. I wish I could go back and submit my application for the part time only. Sigh

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”