Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pingzong

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by pingzong » Fri May 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Monaco wrote:
danielfgator wrote:
Monaco wrote:
ams8 wrote:update (special for pammy). they did review my app! rejected via status checker on wed. gl to those who get in!

Since I've been hearing all these rumors about the FT being closed I called Fordham and was told that the day program was still open and that applicants would hear within the next two weeks, of course she wouldnt tell me anything specific about my application. So I took it upon myself to send a LOCI via email to Dean Brown and Admission's Office. I received a reply from Katherine Rooney and within two hours I was waitlisted! It's weird..... Fordham is just :roll: I just don't know!

Complete since 1/20

Ms. Rooney was the lady that told me FT was full already last week.

That's so weird .....
Last edited by pingzong on Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Status checker still down ...

I wonder if that's progress and movement or if someone spilled a coke in the server?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 pm

dml wrote: Opera, did you get your acceptance letter today? I didn't get mine (in the city also), and I'm wondering if it's just taking longer or if the guy that picks up my mail is being awful at it again (one time i didn't get a coned bill for like 3 months, and then like 5 of them "arrived" on the same day with postmarks from long, long ago). i digress.
Nothing. More waiting! It usually takes me 4 to 5 days to get mail sent from 40 blocks away. How far out are you? I'm in the East Village.

qaz57wsx

New

Post by qaz57wsx » Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm

I have been complete and "in review" at Fordham since mid November for PT. My LSAT/UGPA are well below the median. I have yet to even be waitlisted, what gives?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
dml wrote: Opera, did you get your acceptance letter today? I didn't get mine (in the city also), and I'm wondering if it's just taking longer or if the guy that picks up my mail is being awful at it again (one time i didn't get a coned bill for like 3 months, and then like 5 of them "arrived" on the same day with postmarks from long, long ago). i digress.
Nothing. More waiting! It usually takes me 4 to 5 days to get mail sent from 40 blocks away. How far out are you? I'm in the East Village.
um, i currently live 8 blocks south of fordham law, and i still haven't gotten anything either. wtf....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm

ngross32 wrote:Status checker still down ...

I wonder if that's progress and movement or if someone spilled a coke in the server?
I'll bet it's the coke. :?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:36 pm

qaz57wsx wrote:I have been complete and "in review" at Fordham since mid November for PT. My LSAT/UGPA are well below the median. I have yet to even be waitlisted, what gives?
Nothing more to do but wait. Welcome to the club.

qaz57wsx

New

Post by qaz57wsx » Fri May 15, 2009 5:37 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
qaz57wsx wrote:I have been complete and "in review" at Fordham since mid November for PT. My LSAT/UGPA are well below the median. I have yet to even be waitlisted, what gives?
Have you officially been waitlisted though? They were very clear over the phone that I have not been waitlisted. Seems odd thats all especially since I was pretty much expecting an outright rejection.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:40 pm

qaz57wsx wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
Have you officially been waitlisted though? They were very clear over the phone that I have not been waitlisted. Seems odd thats all especially since I was pretty much expecting an outright rejection.
Yeah, I was waitlisted once I contacted them and asked what was going on. Apparently, the big roll call will happen after the second deposit date which is June 1st. I wouldn't expect much before then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 15, 2009 5:40 pm

JoshHK wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
um, i currently live 8 blocks south of fordham law, and i still haven't gotten anything either. wtf....
That's because they haven't mailed it yet. I was admitted on the 1st, and mine was sent on the 13th.

You could probably walk up there and ask if they could give it to you in person! :D

dml

New

Post by dml » Fri May 15, 2009 5:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
JoshHK wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
That's because they haven't mailed it yet. I was admitted on the 1st, and mine was sent on the 13th.

You could probably walk up there and ask if they could give it to you in person! :D
i'm in brooklyn, right by the bushwick post office... so a little farther than you, but i usually only wait 2 days, 3 on the outside for mail from elsewhere in the city.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 15, 2009 5:46 pm

dml wrote:
i'm in brooklyn, right by the bushwick post office... so a little farther than you, but i usually only wait 2 days, 3 on the outside for mail from elsewhere in the city.
If they really were sent on the 13th, maybe we'll get them tomorrow? Please?

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 pm

I think my letter was placed in a glass bottle and thrown out to sea. It might take awhile to reach the Pacific.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Sat May 16, 2009 1:32 am

OracleFromOregon wrote:I think my letter was placed in a glass bottle and thrown out to sea. It might take awhile to reach the Pacific.
Haha. My acceptance letter and package was mailed on 3/30 and I still haven't received them yet... nor did they charge my debit card for my first seat deposit (which was paid around 4/20ish via phone).
They did ask for a 2nd deposit by 6/1 and wanted me to sign a contract for deferring a year, which I'm more than happy to do, but it feels weird that all these are happening without ever receiving an accpetance letter.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Sat May 16, 2009 1:46 am

Conan wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote:I think my letter was placed in a glass bottle and thrown out to sea. It might take awhile to reach the Pacific.
Haha. My acceptance letter and package was mailed on 3/30 and I still haven't received them yet... nor did they charge my debit card for my first seat deposit (which was paid around 4/20ish via phone).
They did ask for a 2nd deposit by 6/1 and wanted me to sign a contract for deferring a year, which I'm more than happy to do, but it feels weird that all these are happening without ever receiving an accpetance letter.

Whaaaaaat? Is this some sort of...ponzi scheme? Paint me confused, because I don't know if you all are joking or not. Does mail really take that long to travel in New York? It's expected out here (in the sticks) that your mail will reach its intended destination next day (not fortnight) within the Seattle-Portland area.

Conan, wait until you get a seat deposit x 20 charged to your card and a Nigerian confirmation email to follow asking for advanced tuition payment.

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Sat May 16, 2009 1:56 am

OracleFromOregon wrote: Whaaaaaat? Is this some sort of...ponzi scheme? Paint me confused, because I don't know if you all are joking or not. Does mail really take that long to travel in New York? It's expected out here (in the sticks) that your mail will reach its intended destination next day (not fortnight) within the Seattle-Portland area.

Conan, wait until you get a seat deposit x 20 charged to your card and a Nigerian confirmation email to follow asking for advanced tuition payment.
I wish I was joking about not receiving my acceptance letter/package yet, tho I did receive the financial aid info booklet by mail.
I was even suspecting that mailman threw them out since I never placed $20 or whatever amount that we are supposed to put in our mail boxes during holidays. haha.
I actually won't be surprised if this whole thing was a ponzi scheme cuz even to this date, I can't believe Fordham took someone like me with such low numbers.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Sat May 16, 2009 2:30 am

Conan wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote: Whaaaaaat? Is this some sort of...ponzi scheme? Paint me confused, because I don't know if you all are joking or not. Does mail really take that long to travel in New York? It's expected out here (in the sticks) that your mail will reach its intended destination next day (not fortnight) within the Seattle-Portland area.

I wish I was joking about not receiving my acceptance letter/package yet, tho I did receive the financial aid info booklet by mail.
I was even suspecting that mailman threw them out since I never placed $20 or whatever amount that we are supposed to put in our mail boxes during holidays. haha.
I actually won't be surprised if this whole thing was a ponzi scheme cuz even to this date, I can't believe Fordham took someone like me with such low numbers.
Conan (Doc Pharma)

I think you have more than #s to bank on. Why did you choose to defer?

I placed a mousetrap in my mailbox... now thinking that was a bad idea.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

Conan, I second Oracle's assessment. Whatever was in your application must have blown most of ours to smithereens. This is nearly always a numbers game. When it isn't, that means the person was extraordinary. (All of my acceptances were in line with my numbers. I was cool, but not as cool as you!)

Enjoy your deferral. If you are in the city, you should come to our Fordham celebration!

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote: Conan (Doc Pharma)

I think you have more than #s to bank on. Why did you choose to defer?

I placed a mousetrap in my mailbox... now thinking that was a bad idea.
My family's economic situation got pretty bad during past few months so I decided to support my family until my sister graduates next year.
She's in pharmacy school also and she pretty much secured a pharmacist job at CVS as soon as she graduates.
So, hopefully she'll take my current role in the family if the economy is still poor next year.
OperaSoprano wrote:Conan, I second Oracle's assessment. Whatever was in your application must have blown most of ours to smithereens. This is nearly always a numbers game. When it isn't, that means the person was extraordinary. (All of my acceptances were in line with my numbers. I was cool, but not as cool as you!)

Enjoy your deferral. If you are in the city, you should come to our Fordham celebration!
Heh. That's why I love Fordham!
Maybe it's just for the PT applicants but I really believe that they take holistic approach to applications(I'm the living proof!), which might be one the reasons why the decisions take some time.
When you work for the Fordham public relations department in the future(hehe.), you have a good example to share with potential applicants about Fordham's holistic approach of evaluating applications! :D

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Conan wrote: Heh. That's why I love Fordham!
Maybe it's just for the PT applicants but I really believe that they take holistic approach to applications(I'm the living proof!), which might be one the reasons why the decisions take some time.
When you work for the Fordham public relations department in the future(hehe.), you have a good example to share with potential applicants about Fordham's holistic approach of evaluating applications! :D
<3

I'm living proof too, I think. I was accepted in the "artists batch," so clearly I was meant to inject some color into our class. I'm not sure of much, but I'm sure I can manage that. :mrgreen:

I seriously want to meet you now. Every Fordham 0L I have met (and those still waiting as well) has been thoughtful, intelligent, and someone I would want to befriend. I think this year's (and hopefully next year's) entering class will be extraordinary.

I would love to do PR for the school.... I could talk about Fordham all day long and get tuition remission! I do worry about the debt I am about to take on. It seems everyone else on TLS is at least getting some need based aid. I feel like I am the only person borrowing full sticker! I know all about the programs in place to help me, but $210,000 debt is still a mortgage in middle America. I have sometimes told people not to borrow $$$ unless it is for their first choice school, and I hold to that. If I loved Fordham any less I might not do it.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 am

I wanted to let those watching this thread know that Fordham just cut its part time program from 160 to 120 students, most likely in reaction to the new rankings methodology. This reduction is deeply upsetting for a number of reasons, and a thread about it exists here. I hope everyone in this thread will read it. I am sorry for the cross posting, but I believe this is important, and all those who love Fordham should know about it. Indeed, it effects many students attending schools with part time programs.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =4&t=72398

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

d-bag

New

Post by d-bag » Sun May 17, 2009 11:25 am

For those of you formerly WLed, how'd you manage to get off a waitlist? I have a friend who's WLed for PT with a 159/3.9 right now and it'd be cool if he got in. I think his chances are slim to none with a 159 though, so I wonder why they even WLed him in the first place.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 17, 2009 11:46 am

d-bag wrote:For those of you formerly WLed, how'd you manage to get off a waitlist? I have a friend who's WLed for PT with a 159/3.9 right now and it'd be cool if he got in. I think his chances are slim to none with a 159 though, so I wonder why they even WLed him in the first place.
My story is well known on TLS (I am probably the best known WL/IN on the site. I was seriously embarrassed by the outpouring of love TLS showed me when I was admitted to Fordham.) I got over a dozen PMs asking about my cycle, so I decided to donate my LOCIs and record my journey in the hope that it would help others.

As for your friend, I won't say that there is no hope, but a 159 may be problematic this year. Conan was accepted with a 159/3.1, so it has happened at least once this cycle.

Here is the post containing my letters and describing my strategy:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=70902

I am sure you are better positioned to help him than I am, but I do hope my letters prove useful. That 3.9 GPA is impressive. I never had much above a 3.6, even before LSAC destroyed my GPA.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Sun May 17, 2009 1:29 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I wanted to let those watching this thread know that Fordham just cut its part time program from 160 to 120 students, most likely in reaction to the new rankings methodology. This reduction is deeply upsetting for a number of reasons, and a thread about it exists here. I hope everyone in this thread will read it. I am sorry for the cross posting, but I believe this is important, and all those who love Fordham should know about it. Indeed, it effects many students attending schools with part time programs.

I don't think so. If that's the case, Fordham can let more applicants waitlisted for fulltime in since a lot of applicants chose to stay on both FT and PT waitlist.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:I wanted to let those watching this thread know that Fordham just cut its part time program from 160 to 120 students, most likely in reaction to the new rankings methodology. This reduction is deeply upsetting for a number of reasons, and a thread about it exists here. I hope everyone in this thread will read it. I am sorry for the cross posting, but I believe this is important, and all those who love Fordham should know about it. Indeed, it effects many students attending schools with part time programs.

I don't think so. If that's the case, Fordham can let more applicants waitlisted for fulltime in since a lot of applicants chose to stay on both FT and PT waitlist.
Lilac, it will be interesting to see what happens with the full time program. Assuming the size of the FT class did not fall, there may indeed be more space opening up there, especially given the lower yield. I hope this means your FT chances are still good!
Last edited by OperaSoprano on Sun May 17, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”