Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ngross32

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by ngross32 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
smiskers wrote:what sucks is that while i'm waiting for fordham to open up, i'll have to send in deposits elsewhere by june 1 as well. its so circular. >:\ i could be giving my spot @ other schools up and pass around some karma! i worry that ppl are in my situation about fordham, hence tying up those spots just as safeties.
This is the truth, and it's seriously frustrating. I missed having to double deposit by mere hours. If I hadn't checked my status checker that day, I might have had to spend another $500. I seriously think that schools make extra money because they know we have to do this. On the other hand, the system allows for eleventh hour miracles. People have gotten in on orientation day. (BTW, if you'd change schools that late, say so! Mr. McShay told me that Fordham did keep a small number of locals on the list who would be willing to attend at the last minute. I asked to be on that list.)
My first acceptance was from a safety school ... their deposit deadline was April 15th.

Think they just straight wanted that cash or what?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

OPERA!!! What up homie, I'm back in NYC. Fordham drink celebration in the near future.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 14, 2009 6:09 pm

geoanthem wrote:OPERA!!! What up homie, I'm back in NYC. Fordham drink celebration in the near future.
Damn straight, old friend. Welcome home. :D Champagne or vodka?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
geoanthem wrote:OPERA!!! What up homie, I'm back in NYC. Fordham drink celebration in the near future.
Stoli Elit ftw?
Last edited by geoanthem on Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Lilac529 wrote:Opera, do you know when is the start date for part time program? Thanks.

I decided to go visit the campus on Monday instead of waiting for response from Dean Brown here. I need to make sure they do put me on both waitlist. Now I prefer part time than full time. I wish I could go back and submit my application for the part time only. Sigh
PT Orientation is August 10th. Geo would know more than I do, though, since I don't have the official binder yet.

I really want you for a classmate! Get in quickly!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm

geoanthem wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Stoli Elit ftw?
works for me, lol!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:21 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:Opera, do you know when is the start date for part time program? Thanks.

I decided to go visit the campus on Monday instead of waiting for response from Dean Brown here. I need to make sure they do put me on both waitlist. Now I prefer part time than full time. I wish I could go back and submit my application for the part time only. Sigh
PT Orientation is August 10th. Geo would know more than I do, though, since I don't have the official binder yet.

Thank you!!! :D I will need to find a job in NYC if accepted for part time program.

you haven't got your official binder yet? This has been two weeks. Almost. only one day short. :)

dml

New

Post by dml » Thu May 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Thank you!!! :D I will need to find a job in NYC if accepted for part time program.

you haven't got your official binder yet? This has been two weeks. Almost. only one day short. :)
i was accepted by email same day as opera, and status checker says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:35 pm

dml wrote: i was accepted by email same day as opera, and status checker says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday.
Cool! Congrats! FT or PT? you are off the waitlist or regular acceptance?

I wish my status checker will change one day to acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 14, 2009 6:36 pm

dml wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

i was accepted by email same day as opera, and status checker says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday.
I can't wait another minute!

As for work, I plan to do about 20 hrs/wk if I can.

dml

New

Post by dml » Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
dml wrote: i was accepted by email same day as opera, and status checker says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday.
Cool! Congrats! FT or PT? you are off the waitlist or regular acceptance?

I wish my status checker will change one day to acceptance.
ft, no waitlist. excited to finally get the paperwork! good luck!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 pm

It says my first deposit has been received.

It says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday!

Is it weird that those two things happened in that order? I just couldn't wait.

I am sending happy thoughts and waitlist karma to everyone on this thread. My parents met because my mom got off a waitlist long ago, so I figure I have some stored up.

emmonsj

New

Post by emmonsj » Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Waitlisted with 164/3.8. I've already paid deposit at American, survived the first culling of GW's waitlist, and am still on UMinn's waitlist, so I'll probably just remove myself from Fordham's list--they weren't a top pick of mine, anyway. Good luck to the rest of the WLers!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 pm

emmonsj wrote:Waitlisted with 164/3.8. I've already paid deposit at American, survived the first culling of GW's waitlist, and am still on UMinn's waitlist, so I'll probably just remove myself from Fordham's list--they weren't a top pick of mine, anyway. Good luck to the rest of the WLers!
Were you on FT or PT at Fordham?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 am

I really want you for a classmate! Get in quickly![/quote]

you haven't got your official binder yet? This has been two weeks. Almost. only one day short. :)[/quote]

i was accepted by email same day as opera, and status checker says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday.[/quote]

I can't wait another minute!

As for work, I plan to do about 20 hrs/wk if I can.[/quote]

I'll be doing 40 hr weeks in work. I just can't imagine leaving the firm. I feel if I leave them, they'll never accept me back. :?

emmonsj

New

Post by emmonsj » Fri May 15, 2009 11:50 am

pammy1985 wrote:
emmonsj wrote:... I'll probably just remove myself from Fordham's list--they weren't a top pick of mine, anyway. Good luck to the rest of the WLers!
Were you on FT or PT at Fordham?
FT

ams8

New

Post by ams8 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:20 pm

update (special for pammy). they did review my app! rejected via status checker on wed. gl to those who get in!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri May 15, 2009 3:27 pm

ams8 wrote:update (special for pammy). they did review my app! rejected via status checker on wed. gl to those who get in!

Since I've been hearing all these rumors about the FT being closed I called Fordham and was told that the day program was still open and that applicants would hear within the next two weeks, of course she wouldnt tell me anything specific about my application. So I took it upon myself to send a LOCI via email to Dean Brown and Admission's Office. I received a reply from Katherine Rooney and within two hours I was waitlisted! It's weird..... Fordham is just :roll: I just don't know!

Complete since 1/20

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:34 pm

ams8 wrote:update (special for pammy). they did review my app! rejected via status checker on wed. gl to those who get in!
O man, I'm so sorry. I'm holding to that thin thread of hope until I hear back. Good luck wherever you end up and have fun!!!!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Monaco wrote:

Since I've been hearing all these rumors about the FT being closed I called Fordham and was told that the day program was still open and that applicants would hear within the next two weeks, of course she wouldnt tell me anything specific about my application. So I took it upon myself to send a LOCI via email to Dean Brown and Admission's Office. I received a reply from Katherine Rooney and within two hours I was waitlisted! It's weird..... Fordham is just :roll: I just don't know!

Complete since 1/20
Yeah they're kind of hard to swallow right now, but D.B. really is a great guy and easy to talk to. I actually think they are doing as much as possible at the moment.

smiskers

New

Post by smiskers » Fri May 15, 2009 3:39 pm

their status page is down again. oi.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Monaco wrote:

Complete since 1/20

Ms. Rooney was the lady that told me FT was full already last week.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 15, 2009 3:49 pm

danielfgator wrote:
Monaco wrote:

Complete since 1/20

ams8: I am so sorry. I hope you get lots of yesses, though!

Dan, Monaco: WTF? I got the "full" message as well. Unless it really does fluctuate by the day (people withdrawing, etc) I really don't know what is up right now.

dml

New

Post by dml » Fri May 15, 2009 4:32 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
danielfgator wrote:
Monaco wrote:

Complete since 1/20

ams8: I am so sorry. I hope you get lots of yesses, though!

Dan, Monaco: WTF? I got the "full" message as well. Unless it really does fluctuate by the day (people withdrawing, etc) I really don't know what is up right now.
Opera, did you get your acceptance letter today? I didn't get mine (in the city also), and I'm wondering if it's just taking longer or if the guy that picks up my mail is being awful at it again (one time i didn't get a coned bill for like 3 months, and then like 5 of them "arrived" on the same day with postmarks from long, long ago). i digress.

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri May 15, 2009 4:38 pm

danielfgator wrote:
Monaco wrote:

Complete since 1/20

That's so weird ..... I just don't get them

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”