Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pammy1985

Bronze

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
JoshHK wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Later this week, when Pammy gets her acceptance, who's down for some celebratory champagne?
yes please. flute? 54th and Broadway...? close to Fordham.
I've been there. Let's plan it!
Can't plan anything until I hear the good news...I really don't wanna jinx it. But as soon as they say yes, consider me drunk off my ass!!! :mrgreen:

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Mon May 11, 2009 10:36 am

JoshHK wrote:
danielfgator wrote:Accepted last night to PT division. Email received at 8:57pm and dated Sunday May 10th.

Good Luck everyone else waiting!
congrats! me too... about the same time... what are you thinking? will you be joining us this fall on the beautiful upper west side?
I'd love to but it's unlikely. Unless they offered some absurd amount of aid, I'll be moving to frigid Ithaca...

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Mon May 11, 2009 10:37 am

danielfgator wrote:
JoshHK wrote:
danielfgator wrote:Accepted last night to PT division. Email received at 8:57pm and dated Sunday May 10th.

congrats! me too... about the same time... what are you thinking? will you be joining us this fall on the beautiful upper west side?
I'd love to but it's unlikely. Unless they offered some absurd amount of aid, I'll be moving to frigid Ithaca...
i know OS will disagree... but good choice... :) congrats on cornell!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Mon May 11, 2009 10:42 am

JoshHK wrote:
danielfgator wrote:
JoshHK wrote:

i know OS will disagree... but good choice... :) congrats on cornell!

Lol, She has actually "approved" my choice as I have been debating for a long time what to do if Fordham accepts me after receiving a very surprising acceptance from Cornell. I really wanted to stay in NYC but it seems all my eggs are in the Columbia reserve basket. :?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:44 am

Conan wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in!
My money's on Pammy's acceptance also. =D
I hope so. She deserves it.

Conan, I'm only sorry we won't get to meet you til next year. Now that I'm in, you can undefer if you like.
Haha. I'll consider un-deferring once Pammy gets in! :D

Aaaawww I love you!!!! :D Thank you for that, but please don't postpone on my account. I'm sure that's not the reason you're postponing, but just wanted to say it anyways. You guys are so great and I'm really hoping that all this positive energy will go back to Dean B. and he'll accept me. I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Mon May 11, 2009 10:51 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Oh, Dan, as you know, I don't disagree. I value my Fordham acceptance above my life, but I'm not going to tell you not to go to Cornell. I called off my own retake, because it looked like I might hit 170, and I didn't want to be tempted.

I have only this to say to you, whatever your decision:
--ImageRemoved--

<3<3
Thanks Opera!

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Dear Fordham,

Please admit smiskers, amy, and pammy, and everyone else who has waited so long and loved you so well.

<3
Your ever faithful OS
Thanks Opera!
and Fordham, yes, please, we agree.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:05 am

pammy1985 wrote:
Conan wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in!
My money's on Pammy's acceptance also. =D
I hope so. She deserves it.

Conan, I'm only sorry we won't get to meet you til next year. Now that I'm in, you can undefer if you like.
Haha. I'll consider un-deferring once Pammy gets in! :D

Aaaawww I love you!!!! :D Thank you for that, but please don't postpone on my account. I'm sure that's not the reason you're postponing, but just wanted to say it anyways. You guys are so great and I'm really hoping that all this positive energy will go back to Dean B. and he'll accept me. I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!!
are you FT or PT, pammy?

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Mon May 11, 2009 11:43 am

OperaSoprano wrote:XPOST:

UPDATE UPDATE:

Two sources confirm that FT is full right now and will not be reopening the waitlist until after June 1st (the second seat deposit deadline.)

FT waitlistees with lower numbers (anything under 166, at this point, by my estimation) should contact the school now to ask to be considered for PT. Apparently PT is NOT as full as we thought.
Are the sources people who have been waitlisted or people who haven't heard back at all? Do you think "full" means "full" or means "not able to go to the waitlist yet"? There seem to be a lot of us who haven't heard at all, still...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thejules

New

Post by thejules » Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 am

...Yeah, I should think they would NOT be going to the waitlist yet (for FT) when they haven't even responded to a fair number of us applicants at all... :?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 11, 2009 11:51 am

thejules wrote:...Yeah, I should think they would NOT be going to the waitlist yet (for FT) when they haven't even responded to a fair number of us applicants at all... :?
The dean said they are doing both concurrently.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 am

are you FT or PT, pammy?[/quote]

PT. Dean B. said that FT is completely full but PT has a few more spots available.

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Mon May 11, 2009 1:10 pm

pammy1985 wrote:are you FT or PT, pammy?
PT. Dean B. said that FT is completely full but PT has a few more spots available.[/quote]

I just called admissions to confirm this in my case--applied FT and haven't gotten any answer. The woman told me that those of us in that situation should be hearing this week or next week. Who knows--maybe it is completely full and we will all get waitlisted and then re-reviewed in June, but at least we know we won't be getting our first answers then...hopefully.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thejules

New

Post by thejules » Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Hahaha, I called almost a month ago and was told I would be hearing back (for FT) within the next 2 weeks. :roll: Oh, well, best of luck to everyone still waiting!

bostonlegal

New

Post by bostonlegal » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm

thejules wrote:Hahaha, I called almost a month ago and was told I would be hearing back (for FT) within the next 2 weeks. :roll: Oh, well, best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Haha I was told that March 30, so I'm right there with ya. This time I didn't give my name or anything, so it sounded like everyone who was still waiting would hear back. I choose to believe it so I don't go crazy!

Good luck!

picardb2

New

Post by picardb2 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:
picardb2 wrote:I hope you get in because I'm hoping for some luck to swing my way as well! If you don't get accepted to the part-time program, chances are I might not either.

Stats:

GPA: 3.0 (Psych, yechhhh. . .), UC-Riverside
LSAT: 167
Other: 5+ years of full-time work experience (I'm 30) working in investment management. Have my Series 7 & 66 licenses. Worked with Project Angel Food (AIDS-related charity) in Los Angeles for 2 years, and moderately fluent in French. I am hoping my work experience shows the maturity and work ethic I have developed since college and that I can contribute as a law student to an institution somewhere in the Top 20-30.

Any suggestions on what I can do to boost my chances? LORs? Retake the LSAT in September?
Picard - you sound a lot like me (minus your handsome LSAT, and old age, (please take that as a joke, I'm a 24 year old smart ass).) I'm licensed as well, applied for PT, and am "moderately" fluent in French. Fordham is my top choice and I haven't received a decision yet on my app. I, too, hope that my work experience and "soft" stats are considered. It sounds like you can hold out until next year, do you think you can significantly up your LSAT in the meantime?
I don't know if I can. I could wait and take the September LSAT, but I want to get my app for early consideration. Still weighing the option. Any thoughts out there?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 am

picardb2 wrote:I don't know if I can. I could wait and take the September LSAT, but I want to get my app for early consideration. Still weighing the option. Any thoughts out there?
waiting to September to take the LSAT is not late... at all... if you think you'll be better off taking in Sept vs June, wait until September. You can still get started on applications over the summer (just focus on your personal statement(s)) and have everything in and complete by early November, which is definitely on the early side for most schools...

good luck, oldie! (jk, also a smart ass 24 year old...)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rachyk

New

Post by Rachyk » Tue May 12, 2009 12:21 pm

I am wondering if anybody else received the waitlist letter via snail mail? If so has anybody been accepted to PT who originally applied to FT, and how long did it take. Just wondering b/c I mailed it back a week ago checking that I am interested in both FT and PT and with a LOCI.

picardb2

New

Post by picardb2 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:04 pm

JoshHK wrote:
picardb2 wrote:I don't know if I can. I could wait and take the September LSAT, but I want to get my app for early consideration. Still weighing the option. Any thoughts out there?
waiting to September to take the LSAT is not late... at all... if you think you'll be better off taking in Sept vs June, wait until September. You can still get started on applications over the summer (just focus on your personal statement(s)) and have everything in and complete by early November, which is definitely on the early side for most schools...

good luck, oldie! (jk, also a smart ass 24 year old...)

Ahhhhh. . . I envy you young'uns. . . though I honestly have no desire to be 24 again. 27, maybe, but not 24. lol Thanks for the advice!

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Rachyk wrote:I am wondering if anybody else received the waitlist letter via snail mail? If so has anybody been accepted to PT who originally applied to FT, and how long did it take. Just wondering b/c I mailed it back a week ago checking that I am interested in both FT and PT and with a LOCI.
My online status went to "Your file has been waitlisted" in ~april and I received snail mail with the forms about a week ago.

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Wed May 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Good luck to anyone else waiting.
I withdrew today after receiving $0 in fin aid. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smiskers

New

Post by smiskers » Wed May 13, 2009 1:26 pm

thanks for the withdrawal! hopefully the spot will go to one of us. where will you be going?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:04 pm

danielfgator wrote:Good luck to anyone else waiting.
I withdrew today after receiving $0 in fin aid. :?
Did you withdraw from PT or FT? Oh please people, if you are not going to Fordham, withdraw today because we need those seats! :!:

smiskers

New

Post by smiskers » Wed May 13, 2009 3:20 pm

i just called to confirm receipt of my waitlist form and i was told that they havent processed the forms yet and won't get to it until next week or the week after.

anybody else hear something like this?

funny bc yesterday i was told to call today bc the system was down and they couldnt check my status.

i just want to make sure i'm being considered for both pt and ft dammit!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 pm

smiskers wrote:i just called to confirm receipt of my waitlist form and i was told that they havent processed the forms yet and won't get to it until next week or the week after.

anybody else hear something like this?

funny bc yesterday i was told to call today bc the system was down and they couldnt check my status.

i just want to make sure i'm being considered for both pt and ft dammit!
I am not on a waitlist at all. When I asked the dean, he basically implied that he is waiting for ppl to withdraw so he can get on with accepting others. Now tell me, who comes first: the ppl who haven't heard anything yet or the waitlisted ppl? This is really confusing!!! :o

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”