Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 24, 2009 12:05 am

ngross32 wrote:there was a waitlist purge?

How were those that were purged notified?
I don't know if it's happened yet, but the dean told me that many people would be released from the waitlist, and those remaining would have a very good shot at admission. I would assume notification would come via status checker first, and snail mail later.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:25 am

Man, I have been on pins and needles for like 8 months ... this is just another wrinkle!

I have no updates on my status checker nor any emails. Will you show the love, OS, and post if you hear the purge has happened?

I want in!

I want my next problem to be how to find an apartment in NYC that can accomodate a large dog!!!! That's a fun problem! Not like this one where my future is up in the air. :)

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 24, 2009 12:31 am

ngross32 wrote:Man, I have been on pins and needles for like 8 months ... this is just another wrinkle!

I have no updates on my status checker nor any emails. Will you show the love, OS, and post if you hear the purge has happened?

I want in!

I want my next problem to be how to find an apartment in NYC that can accomodate a large dog!!!! That's a fun problem! Not like this one where my future is up in the air. :)
I won't know until you guys know! If TLS waitlistees start getting rejected, we'll know the purge is upon us. Before I was admitted, I checked my status checker multiple times a day. I still check it from time to time, just to make sure it still says what I think it says.

I do hope you come to New York! What kind of dog do you have? Your best bet may be renting from a small landlord who is likely to be flexible. Finding a roommate may be difficult; I am always shocked at the number of (non allergic) people who don't want to live with animals!

Have you really been waiting 8 months? I waited five months and three weeks, which was awful enough.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
ngross32 wrote:Man, I have been on pins and needles for like 8 months ... this is just another wrinkle!

I want in!

I won't know until you guys know! If TLS waitlistees start getting rejected, we'll know the purge is upon us. Before I was admitted, I checked my status checker multiple times a day. I still check it from time to time, just to make sure it still says what I think it says.

I do hope you come to New York! What kind of dog do you have? Your best bet may be renting from a small landlord who is likely to be flexible. Finding a roommate may be difficult; I am always shocked at the number of (non allergic) people who don't want to live with animals!

Have you really been waiting 8 months? I waited five months and three weeks, which was awful enough.
Nah, not 8 full months - 8 months since the LSAT. My app was complete 1-6, so I'm coming up on 6 months.

I've got a lab/akita mix rescue mutt :) Super sweety.

I have someone I'll be moving in, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Just going to keep thinking positive thoughts and hoping for the best.

How did you hear about this purge?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 24, 2009 12:41 am

ngross32 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

I want in!

Nah, not 8 full months - 8 months since the LSAT. My app was complete 1-6, so I'm coming up on 6 months.

I've got a lab/akita mix rescue mutt :) Super sweety.

I have someone I'll be moving in, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Just going to keep thinking positive thoughts and hoping for the best.

How did you hear about this purge?
I hear you on the torment of this wait, and I hope you'll get good news soon!

Your dog sounds adorable; you should post pics! I have a rescued ragdoll cat.

I heard about the waitlist purge from the dean of enrollment, when I visited the school to hand in my seat deposit. He's really a wonderful guy, btw, and wants to see students get in and do well!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:06 am

The day I went to see the Dean, he had a huge list of ppl's names that were being taken off the waitlist and rejected that day. I think it's still going on and it will probably go on until the 2nd deposit deadline which is June 1.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:17 am

pammy1985 wrote:The day I went to see the Dean, he had a huge list of ppl's names that were being taken off the waitlist and rejected that day. I think it's still going on and it will probably go on until the 2nd deposit deadline which is June 1.
When did you see the dean?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:32 pm

ngross32 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:The day I went to see the Dean, he had a huge list of ppl's names that were being taken off the waitlist and rejected that day. I think it's still going on and it will probably go on until the 2nd deposit deadline which is June 1.
May 14th.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:33 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
ngross32 wrote:
May 14th.
Well that's good, I guess. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon May 25, 2009 10:53 am

ngross32 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
ngross32 wrote:
May 14th.
Well that's good, I guess. :)

These people were already notified of their rejection? LSN doesn't seem to show any wl rejections at this point yet...

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 am

[/quote]These people were already notified of their rejection? LSN doesn't seem to show any wl rejections at this point yet...[/quote]

I'm sorry. What's LSN?

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon May 25, 2009 11:04 am

lawschoolnumbers.com
People update their cycle status and you can see acceptance/wl/denials on graphs and etc.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 am

amyraydun wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com
People update their cycle status and you can see acceptance/wl/denials on graphs and etc.
Oh, didn't know that existed. Thanks!! I'm not sure about ppl updating their status, but that's what the Dean told me. Anyone heard anything new? My mom is going crazy from my bitching and moaning. She actually hung up the phone on me yesterday because I kept whining about this. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:13 am

amyraydun wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com
I just looked at LSN and a lot of the info they have about Fordham is actually wrong (i.e., tuition cost, part time availability, etc.). What's that about?

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon May 25, 2009 11:14 am

I think us hardcore Fordham WL waiters have annoyed anyone within our general radius with our bitching and moaning... Good luck to you.. good luck to me.
The wait continues!

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon May 25, 2009 11:14 am

Yea I kind of take most LSN with a grain of salt... but it gives a general idea of what's happening.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:16 pm

I am still waitlisted. I've been waitlisted since Jan.23. After reading this - Opera had the exact comment after coming back from the admission office- I am more confused. I really want to know the reason of my staying on waitlist: was it because I wrote a LOCI on May 5th but my chances of getting in are really slim? or that I wasn't originally put into rejection pile, which means I still have a chance of getting in? What should I do?

Any comment is welcomed. Thanks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
I am still waitlisted. I've been waitlisted since Jan.23. After reading this - Opera had the exact comment after coming back from the admission office- I am more confused. I really want to know the reason of my staying on waitlist: was it because I wrote a LOCI on May 5th but my chances of getting in are really slim? or that I wasn't originally put into rejection pile, which means I still have a chance of getting in? What should I do?

Any comment is welcomed. Thanks.
Lilac, None of us knows whether the dissolution of the waitlist has happened yet. The dean may be waiting until after June 1st to notify all these people. Either way, you are on his radar now, which can only be a good thing. He did tell me that whoever survives the purge is likely to be admitted. All we can do is keep an eye on waitlist movement here and on LSN. I was waitlisted when you were; it's a horrible wait that I would not wish on anyone. I hope we'll all be classmates when this is over.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Lilac, None of us knows whether the dissolution of the waitlist has happened yet. The dean may be waiting until after June 1st to notify all these people. Either way, you are on his radar now, which can only be a good thing. He did tell me that whoever survives the purge is likely to be admitted. All we can do is keep an eye on waitlist movement here and on LSN. I was waitlisted when you were; it's a horrible wait that I would not wish on anyone. I hope we'll all be classmates when this is over.
Thanks, opera.

ngross32

New

Post by ngross32 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Thanks, opera.
Yeah, we all just have to hunker down and wait, I guess.

I read from another forum that schools receive reports from LSAC on double deposits around the 25th of each month and we have two more important dates upcoming on June 1 and 15th. It's a waiting game now ... hopefully, we don't get REMOVED from the waitlist before June1.

Good luck to all! Hopefully, we'll all be 1Ls together in about 2 months!!!!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Mon May 25, 2009 3:08 pm

After having contacted the office myself a couple of times (prior to being accepted) and reading the comments here by other posters, I truly believe the admissions office at this point, will tell you whatever you want to hear. So, I'd take anything you hear from Fordham with a grain of salt.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 25, 2009 3:20 pm

danielfgator wrote:After having contacted the office myself a couple of times (prior to being accepted) and reading the comments here by other posters, I truly believe the admissions office at this point, will tell you whatever you want to hear. So, I'd take anything you hear from Fordham with a grain of salt.
Meh, they are understaffed and seriously behind, not malicious. The dean was remarkably frank with both Hoff and me. He's a cool guy. I don't think he would intentionally mislead anyone.

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Mon May 25, 2009 3:57 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
danielfgator wrote:After having contacted the office myself a couple of times (prior to being accepted) and reading the comments here by other posters, I truly believe the admissions office at this point, will tell you whatever you want to hear. So, I'd take anything you hear from Fordham with a grain of salt.
Meh, they are understaffed and seriously behind, not malicious. The dean was remarkably frank with both Hoff and me. He's a cool guy. I don't think he would intentionally mislead anyone.

No, no, no... Don't get me wrong OS. I'm not saying they are being malicious, but given the fact that they are so understaffed and just behind as hell in the admissions cycle, they have undoubtedly given conflicting information to many applicants, in part I assume to protect the rep of the school from disgruntled applicants.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 pm

danielfgator wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

No, no, no... Don't get me wrong OS. I'm not saying they are being malicious, but given the fact that they are so understaffed and just behind as hell in the admissions cycle, they have undoubtedly given conflicting information to many applicants, in part I assume to protect the rep of the school from disgruntled applicants.
LOL at the charge of the disgruntled Fordham applicants! :lol: I believe that they are doing all they can, but I still wish they would hurry up and let my friends in.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Tue May 26, 2009 1:51 am

I've had the opposite experience. I contacted admissions a few weeks ago via email, while agonizing in limbo, and was advised to consider my other options (seriously, hours later.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”