Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lv06

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by lv06 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Has anyone been rejected off the wait list over the past few days?

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 pm

lv06 wrote:Has anyone been rejected off the wait list over the past few days?
Nope - thank goodness!

But I wonder if they're going to start purging the wait list soon? Let's cross our fingers and hope there's still room and a ton of acceptances will be going out this week or next. PRETTY PLEASE FORDHAM? :D

I think I'm going to call this week or email DB to try to get an update. Will report back with any news!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:congrats to the one who got in!

:( to my misery.
Lilac, we <3 you!
Thanks, Opera. I emailed DB a letter last night. No response yet. Waiting is painful. You guys make it a lot easier. Thanks!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

Congrats to all of the newly accepted.

I've been away for a while and I hoped to come back to good news. Unfortunately, nothing has changed for me... Don't forget about me Fordham. I certainly have not forgotten about you.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 am

What's been going on here?

I remember the time when Fordham was seriously over enrolled and the yeild rate was insanely high... I had not imagined that the WL would see this much movement.

Nonetheless, congrats to everyone who has got a acceptance! :D

And best of luck to those still waiting. Don't lose hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:What's been going on here?

I remember the time when Fordham was seriously over enrolled and the yeild rate was insanely high... I had not imagined that the WL would see this much movement.

I'm glad there's been movement on the waitlist. Waitlist admits see things differently. We are more appreciative; less likely to take opportunities for granted. Every time someone makes it off any waitlist, especially this late in the game, I rejoice for them. This is the way it should be. :D

Word is that there may be a few more PT spots opening up. Some people on the FT waitlist have been offered the option.

Good luck to those who are waiting.

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. It's nice to know people are still rooting for the handful of Fordham waitlistees left on this board!

OS, Thanks for the heads up, and I hope it's true - if there are still spots in the Fordham class that is great news, whether FT or PT. Fordham, I would go in a heartbeat :)

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:What's been going on here?

I'm glad there's been movement on the waitlist. Waitlist admits see things differently. We are more appreciative; less likely to take opportunities for granted. Every time someone makes it off any waitlist, especially this late in the game, I rejoice for them. This is the way it should be. :D

Word is that there may be a few more PT spots opening up. Some people on the FT waitlist have been offered the option.

Good luck to those who are waiting.
I agree. I am very happy for the WL admits. I am also very shocked about this movement based on what I heard towards the first deposit deadline.

In any case, thats great news for those that are still waiting. Best of luck!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Any word today?

As for those recently admitted, how does the financial age package look at this point?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

picardb2

New

Post by picardb2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Why do I have this strange feeling I'll be posting a similar thread in November after September LSAT scores are released??? :(

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:42 pm

My current job has offered me an extension and I don't know whether or not I should take it based on this relationship with Fordham (or lack thereof). :? :? :?

As for doing this again next year, I don't know if I have it in me to go through this again... :cry:

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 pm

MandM wrote:My current job has offered me an extension and I don't know whether or not I should take it based on this relationship with Fordham (or lack thereof). :? :? :?

As for doing this again next year, I don't know if I have it in me to go through this again... :cry:
Aren't you going to do PT anyway? Why not take the extension and go to school nights?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:47 pm

picardb2 wrote:Why do I have this strange feeling I'll be posting a similar thread in November after September LSAT scores are released??? :(
Maybe not. They've had some weird things happen this cycle, so that's why everything is so slow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
MandM wrote:My current job has offered me an extension and I don't know whether or not I should take it based on this relationship with Fordham (or lack thereof). :? :? :?

Aren't you going to do PT anyway? Why not take the extension and go to school nights?
This job is in Boston.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:17 pm

MandM wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

This job is in Boston.
:oops: I'm sorry. I forgot you live in Boston. Gosh that's a hard decision to make. Can you take the extension but let them know that you may leave because of Fordham? Are they that understanding? Actually, you only have a few more weeks 'til you hear from Fordham either way (I really hope you get in, btw), so why not stall accepting the extension?

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:20 pm

MandM wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

This job is in Boston.
Eeek. That's a tough call MM. If you were going to re-apply next year, would there be any significant changes/differences in your application? With that, I mean taking the LSAT again. If the answer is no, then I don't really see your cycle next year being too different (this is if you didn't apply last minute this cycle). I think people who re-apply have to have a compelling reason for doing so, and usually that entails having something significant change in their application. More work experience is always good, but I think the biggest (and most positive) change most people can make to their cycle is to raise their LSAT score. Otherwise, why put yourself through another cycle again, when your results will probably be similar?

If I was in your situation I would wait it out. Ask your job for an extension so that you have some time to think it through before you decide on the Boston offer and stay on the wait list for Fordham. You've already made it so far - don't give up!!!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 pm

pammy1985 wrote: :oops: I'm sorry. I forgot you live in Boston. Gosh that's a hard decision to make. Can you take the extension but let them know that you may leave because of Fordham? Are they that understanding? Actually, you only have a few more weeks 'til you hear from Fordham either way (I really hope you get in, btw), so why not stall accepting the extension?
Thanks Pammy. Actually I think I may have to do that. I would be asking them to take a chance on someone that may or may not be there... so I'm sure there will be some reluctance on their part. But hopefully they will be understanding.
glasgow3am wrote: Eeek. That's a tough call MM. If you were going to re-apply next year, would there be any significant changes/differences in your application? With that, I mean taking the LSAT again. If the answer is no, then I don't really see your cycle next year being too different (this is if you didn't apply last minute this cycle). I think people who re-apply have to have a compelling reason for doing so, and usually that entails having something significant change in their application. More work experience is always good, but I think the biggest (and most positive) change most people can make to their cycle is to raise their LSAT score. Otherwise, why put yourself through another cycle again, when your results will probably be similar?

If I was in your situation I would wait it out. Ask your job for an extension so that you have some time to think it through before you decide on the Boston offer and stay on the wait list for Fordham. You've already made it so far - don't give up!!!
Thanks glasgow 3am. I fell like I should wait it out. I've been waiting for so long. I want this so badly... so I have to wait it out. Hopefully I'll get some news soon. Until then, I'll be stalling around here. Should the worst happen, I would take the LSAT again... but I don't even want to start on that path right now.

This whole situation with Fordham is really depressing. I really haven't been the most fun to be around because I'm stressing about this so much. Hopefully there will be a happy ending.

Now back to checking my email every 10 minutes...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 pm

MandM wrote: Thanks glasgow 3am. I fell like I should wait it out. I've been waiting for so long. I want this so badly... so I have to wait it out. Hopefully I'll get some news soon. Until then, I'll be stalling around here. Should the worst happen, I would take the LSAT again... but I don't even want to start on that path right now.

This whole situation with Fordham is really depressing. I really haven't been the most fun to be around because I'm stressing about this so much. Hopefully there will be a happy ending.

Now back to checking my email every 10 minutes...
Hey, you're in pretty good company here! :D I feel your pain MM (and I'm glad you're going to wait it out!). I obsessively check both the status checker and my email (and this thread). I would do anything to get in! Thinking about going to any other school but Fordham depresses me...

Diskette15

New

Post by Diskette15 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 am

MandM, it sounds like if Fordham doesn't work out for you that you're going to reapply right? I know you don't want to, but you really should start to restudy for the LSAT and prepare for the worst case scenario. If you start prepping and Fordham admits you then all you have lost is a few hours you spent studying. I'm guessing you would be ok with scenario!

As far as the job goes, I would ask for an extension as long as they possibly can give you. If you still haven't heard from Fordham by the time your boss wants an answer, then I would take another year at your job and reapply. I wouldn't suggest giving up a job to pursue a waitlist. Even if Fordham accepts you afterward, there is still at least the possibility that you could defer the offer for a year. I think they would understand your situation. Stay positive and don't let it get to ya. Best of luck to you and everyone else on the WL!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Diskette15 wrote:MandM, it sounds like if Fordham doesn't work out for you that you're going to reapply right? I know you don't want to, but you really should start to restudy for the LSAT and prepare for the worst case scenario. If you start prepping and Fordham admits you then all you have lost is a few hours you spent studying. I'm guessing you would be ok with scenario!

As far as the job goes, I would ask for an extension as long as they possibly can give you. If you still haven't heard from Fordham by the time your boss wants an answer, then I would take another year at your job and reapply. I wouldn't suggest giving up a job to pursue a waitlist. Even if Fordham accepts you afterward, there is still at least the possibility that you could defer the offer for a year. I think they would understand your situation. Stay positive and don't let it get to ya. Best of luck to you and everyone else on the WL!
I actually put down the suggested reading for recently admitted students that Fordham released a while back and requested LSAT prep materials from the library. As the days go by I'm less and less hopeful. So today I'll start prep for the LSAT.

At this point all I can do is focus on the LSAT. It's so close to the start of the semester that I'm not sure how my living and financial aid situations would work out. So rather then stress out I'll be focusing on the LSAT.

I'm trying not to let it get to me, Diskette15. But I haven't found a cure for the lump in my throat and the butterflies in my stomach yet.

My job is giving me time to make a decision, by the way.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:14 pm

MandM wrote:
Diskette15 wrote:MandM, it sounds like if Fordham doesn't work out for you that you're going to reapply right? I know you don't want to, but you really should start to restudy for the LSAT and prepare for the worst case scenario. If you start prepping and Fordham admits you then all you have lost is a few hours you spent studying. I'm guessing you would be ok with scenario!

I actually put down the suggested reading for recently admitted students that Fordham released a while back and requested LSAT prep materials from the library. As the days go by I'm less and less hopeful. So today I'll start prep for the LSAT.

At this point all I can do is focus on the LSAT. It's so close to the start of the semester that I'm not sure how my living and financial aid situations would work out. So rather then stress out I'll be focusing on the LSAT.

I'm trying not to let it get to me, Diskette15. But I haven't found a cure for the lump in my throat and the butterflies in my stomach yet.

My job is giving me time to make a decision, by the way.
Well then you have time to figure this out. It's only a couple of more weeks before orientation and that's not too much longer. Do you know whether Fordham will accept ppl after orientation?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:53 pm

pammy1985 wrote: Do you know whether Fordham will accept ppl after orientation?
I hope so! I'm getting super nervous (and more depressed) as each day passes and orientation gets closer and closer. I've heard rumors of people getting accepted right before, or even during the first few days of classes. Who knows though...I'm sure it varies from year to year. I really really hope some spots will open up soon!

How many Fordham waitlisters are left on this thread? I feel like only MM and I are left here...

Anyone have any updates or news? It doesn't look like Fordham's let anyone go from the WL, so it must still be a pretty big group. Also, is anyone planning on dropping by the admissions office to get some face time? I really want to (not sure it will help so late in the game) but I'm international so I will have to wait for my student visa to get approved before I can make it to NYC. Once I get stateside though, it'll be my first stop...

DjaliBashit

New

Post by DjaliBashit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm still chillin on this and other waitlists.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

DjaliBashit wrote:I'm still chillin on this and other waitlists.
What does your name mean?

DjaliBashit

New

Post by DjaliBashit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:25 pm

What does your name mean?
It means "Bashi's son" in Albanian. Bashi was a nickname I had for my dad when I was a kid.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”