Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pammy1985

Bronze

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by pammy1985 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

So if I already gave in a LOCI, spoke to SB in person, emailed him twice on two different occasions, you think it'd be too much to email him again just so he doesn't forget that I'm still here? He seems very aware of who I am every time we speak, but I'm just concerned. UUUGGGHHHH pulling my hair here!!!!! :x

wahoo

New

Post by wahoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:36 pm

The day is almost over :(...I did not hear anything from DB. I am getting the blues again....

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:40 pm

wahoo wrote:The day is almost over :(...I did not hear anything from DB. I am getting the blues again....
Yeah I'm thinking on getting some anti-depression pills, or whatever you call those things. I'm really losing it!!! I just want the wait to be over!!!!! :cry:

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
wahoo wrote:The day is almost over :(...I did not hear anything from DB. I am getting the blues again....
Yeah I'm thinking on getting some anti-depression pills, or whatever you call those things. I'm really losing it!!! I just want the wait to be over!!!!! :cry:
Patience. It is early June, waitlists can last 'til class starts....

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Me neither. No email. No change on the status checker. Nothing. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

hoffb86 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
I don't want to have to wait until then!!!! I will end up in a loony bin!!!!! :twisted:

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
I don't want to have to wait until then!!!! I will end up in a loony bin!!!!! :twisted:
Waiting is better than being REJECTED. right?

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Of course. I'll try to be a bit more patient and stop harrasing everyone on TLS. :)

wahoo

New

Post by wahoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:19 pm

I just can't; if I don't get in, I am not going to Law School period. This is tough...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:20 pm

pammy1985 wrote:Of course. I'll try to be a bit more patient and stop harrasing everyone on TLS. :)
I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm on WUSTL's waitlist, and I see people getting in, but I know that it is really still early. Waitlists can take forever, and we have to be patient, cuz its better than a rejection.

gnahapet

New

Post by gnahapet » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 pm

i just passed on fordham, so theres at least one more spot open for those that are wait listed lest its been filled already. thought i'd give out some hope.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:47 pm

pammy1985 wrote:Of course. I'll try to be a bit more patient and stop harrasing everyone on TLS. :)
Pammy, I was much, much worse. TLS saved my sanity more than once. Harass away, we are glad to have you.

boxwolf

New

Post by boxwolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 pm

gnahapet wrote:i just passed on fordham, so theres at least one more spot open for those that are wait listed lest its been filled already. thought i'd give out some hope.
Thanks for the hope! FT or PT?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:37 pm

gnahapet wrote:i just passed on fordham, so theres at least one more spot open for those that are wait listed lest its been filled already. thought i'd give out some hope.

holy crap. so much for the over enrolled fordham. why is everyone dropppin

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks guys!!! I really do need the encouragement. And I'm sorry about my poor spelling here. I'm in a hurry all the time and don't double check it. :) Does anyone know whether gnahapet up there was FT or PT?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

pammy1985 wrote:Thanks guys!!! I really do need the encouragement. And I'm sorry about my poor spelling here. I'm in a hurry all the time and don't double check it. :) Does anyone know whether gnahapet up there was FT or PT?
With those stats, almost certainly full time. I'll never get to experience splitter status, but I'm gathering that it's no fun at all.

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am

hello hello fordham peeps... i'm minutes away from signing a lease on 50th/8th, cementing my position as a Fordham Law 1L.

it's bittersweet... as it'll lead me to withdraw from Notre Dame, which I still sort of really love... but i think it's the best decision at this point....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:24 am

JoshHK wrote:hello hello fordham peeps... i'm minutes away from signing a lease on 50th/8th, cementing my position as a Fordham Law 1L.

it's bittersweet... as it'll lead me to withdraw from Notre Dame, which I still sort of really love... but i think it's the best decision at this point....
Congrats future classmate. Did you choose Fordham over Notre Dame because you want to stay in NY?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 am

geoanthem wrote:
JoshHK wrote:hello hello fordham peeps... i'm minutes away from signing a lease on 50th/8th, cementing my position as a Fordham Law 1L.

Congrats future classmate. Did you choose Fordham over Notre Dame because you want to stay in NY?
why thank you. i didn't quite choose Fordham over Notre Dame (yet) since Notre Dame hasn't quite chosen me (yet). But I'm withdrawing from the WL post lease-signing... I wrote in my LOCIs a few months ago that I would absolutely attend if admitted, but I didn't really think it would go on this long. So i figure it's better to withdraw before they even reach a final decision... or do i come off as a jackass either way?

whatever, i'm ready to re-plant my roots in manhattan and get my stuff out of manhattan mini storage. i've been staying in white plains for the last week and i'm on the verge of insanity b/c the metro north and GCT are so effing awful.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 am

JoshHK wrote:
geoanthem wrote:

why thank you. i didn't quite choose Fordham over Notre Dame (yet) since Notre Dame hasn't quite chosen me (yet). But I'm withdrawing from the WL post lease-signing... I wrote in my LOCIs a few months ago that I would absolutely attend if admitted, but I didn't really think it would go on this long. So i figure it's better to withdraw before they even reach a final decision... or do i come off as a jackass either way?

whatever, i'm ready to re-plant my roots in manhattan and get my stuff out of manhattan mini storage. i've been staying in white plains for the last week and i'm on the verge of insanity b/c the metro north and GCT are so effing awful.
I don't think you will come off badly. They waitlisted you, so you don't owe them anything at all. And NYC is awesome anyway, much better than Southbend I would think (though I have never been to Southbend).

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am

geoanthem wrote:I don't think you will come off badly. They waitlisted you, so you don't owe them anything at all. And NYC is awesome anyway, much better than Southbend I would think (though I have never been to Southbend).
um... south bend kind of sucks. but notre dame is awesome. and living there would be super cheap. we're talking $300-$400/month for an awesome place in south bend vs. $1500-$2000/month for a decent place in manhattan...

::sigh:: the things i'm willing to do for this city...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Any freakin' news?

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:59 pm

exactly what I was thinking too... besides me checking my status checker obsessively, nothing new on my end :-/

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:18 pm

palmettoru wrote:exactly what I was thinking too... besides me checking my status checker obsessively, nothing new on my end :-/
me neither. :(

Glad that I didn't have internet access since I moved out of my apartment last week. Otherwise, I would have spent most of my time on status checker.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 pm

IIIIINNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'M STILL SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”