Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 09, 2009 7:38 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:Wow, I just realized what a law school app neophyte I am when I had to do a google search on "LOCI acronym for what?" Shazbot!

I received a very thoughtful email and phone call today from admissions, the latter method of communication asking if I was still interested, the former telling me that they were only considering applicants with stats above the current mean (166/3.67.) My mood has gone from lugubrious to elated to cautious in the past 12 hours. Allegedly, I'll be notified within a week and will be sprouting grey hairs until then.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. But, I do have a bottle of vintage Duetz in the refrigerator with "Fordham" written on it. I'd like it to be opened for a celebratory occasion, not a Drowning of the Sorrows.

Oooohh sleepless nights, here I come!
I told you they would be contacting you soon. The mean numbers you listed are obviously for full time. They've gone up sharply in the past year or two. Your numbers are above the part time mean. If there is space, you will get in. At this point it probably is mostly about numbers. I feel like there was a lot more latitude earlier in the cycle... Fordham admitted a 159 and a 161 in PT, and those are just people I know.

Don't drink yet.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
If there is space, you will get in.

Don't drink yet.
Opera, I am holding you to it! If you are still on within the next hour (on a Saturday!?!?!), PM me. I cannot figure out how this PM works?? Now I know how my grandpa felt while graduating from a typewriter to a PC.

Pammy- me = PT. I know you've tried contacting admissions in the past, but maybe you should try again. It sounds like their workload has reached a critical mass and they are trying desperately to notify people ASAP.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Sun May 10, 2009 1:27 am

OracleFromOregon wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
If you are still on within the next hour (on a Saturday!?!?!), PM me. I cannot figure out how this PM works?? Now I know how my grandpa felt while graduating from a typewriter to a PC.
Clarification, I thought "PM" would be some sort of instant message. It is obviously, as everyone else knows, not.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 am

OracleFromOregon wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
If you are still on within the next hour (on a Saturday!?!?!), PM me. I cannot figure out how this PM works?? Now I know how my grandpa felt while graduating from a typewriter to a PC.
Clarification, I thought "PM" would be some sort of instant message. It is obviously, as everyone else knows, not.
LOL, I think it just stands for Private Message, but what do I know? Only Ken is really privy to these things, since TLS is his creation. He is the maestro.

treschic

New

Post by treschic » Sun May 10, 2009 9:05 am

I heard from Fordham today. Sent me a welcome packet and merit aid of 25k/year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dml

New

Post by dml » Sun May 10, 2009 10:43 am

treschic wrote:I heard from Fordham today. Sent me a welcome packet and merit aid of 25k/year.
congrats! what were your numbers? and how long ago did they email you to let you know to expect the welcome packet?

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 am

Those of you who were accepted recently: have you gotten any info yet on deposit deadlines or anything like that? I have my acceptance email and I just got a financial aid letter with a scholarship offer, but I haven't heard anything yet about when I need to make my decision by, and I'm going out of town for ten days, so I'm worried I might miss something important.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 am

Congrats guys! <3

I am so jealous of all the scholarship money. I'm going to be in debt forever, but whatevs... Fordham is worth it. Keep us updated.

treschic

New

Post by treschic » Sun May 10, 2009 1:03 pm

dml wrote:
treschic wrote:I heard from Fordham today. Sent me a welcome packet and merit aid of 25k/year.
congrats! what were your numbers? and how long ago did they email you to let you know to expect the welcome packet?
167/3.8

E-mailed on May 1st

Those of you who were accepted recently: have you gotten any info yet on deposit deadlines or anything like that? I have my acceptance email and I just got a financial aid letter with a scholarship offer, but I haven't heard anything yet about when I need to make my decision by, and I'm going out of town for ten days, so I'm worried I might miss something important.
Now that you mention it, no deposit deadline on my letter or packet. Strange.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dml

New

Post by dml » Sun May 10, 2009 1:07 pm

treschic wrote:
167/3.8

E-mailed on May 1st
Well dang. That's when I got mine, too. And I'm in NYC. What gives, I wonder? :-(

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm another May 1st admit, and I never received any deadline information either. I didn't need any, though. I stopped by last Monday to pay my seat deposit in person.

I do know that June 1st is the second seat deposit deadline, if this is helpful at all.

Serious congratulations!

CrazyLawStudent

New

Post by CrazyLawStudent » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I'm not the only one unsure of what's going on deposit wise. Will people post something if/when they hear? And I'll do the same. I'm in debate mode between two schools right now, and my trip is to see the other. But I'm leaning heavily toward Fordham, so while I don't want to make a decision before seeing both schools, I DEFINITELY don't want to miss a deposit and lose my spot!

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 pm

I GOT IN!!!!!!! Via email... just a few minutes ago... apparently they've been working through the weekend...

holly crap. i don't know what to say....

waitlisted on May 1st via status check... phone call last Friday... now IN. :D :D :D

163/3.4. in PT. yay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm

JoshHK wrote:I GOT IN!!!!!!! Via email... just a few minutes ago... apparently they've been working through the weekend...

waitlisted on May 1st via status check... phone call last Friday... now IN. :D :D :D

163/3.4. in PT. yay.
Way to go, numbers twin! First me, now you! This is so awesome it's unbelievable.

--ImageRemoved--

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Sun May 10, 2009 9:53 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
JoshHK wrote:I GOT IN!!!!!!! Via email... just a few minutes ago... apparently they've been working through the weekend...

163/3.4. in PT. yay.
Way to go, numbers twin! First me, now you! This is so awesome it's unbelievable.

--ImageRemoved--
i am beaming right now... ok we really need to do some celebratory drinking this week. yes? :D

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm

163/3.4. in PT. yay.

congrats! nice work!

hast2012

New

Post by hast2012 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Last edited by hast2012 on Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

163/3.4. in PT. yay.

Congrats!!!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 pm

hast2012 wrote:Just checked my email after reading the post above. I got an email too, offer of admission-evening 2009. I got a call last week too but told the woman that I was already committed to UC Hastings. I guess I will call tomorrow morning to clear things up and withdraw.

Hopefully one of you will get my spot.
'Grats anyway!

LOL at how Fordham never had to call me beforehand to figure out if I was still interested. Damn, they're good at what they do.

Enjoy Hastings, though! I'm still waitlisted there. I probably need to withdraw...

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
hast2012 wrote:Just checked my email after reading the post above. I got an email too, offer of admission-evening 2009. I got a call last week too but told the woman that I was already committed to UC Hastings. I guess I will call tomorrow morning to clear things up and withdraw.

'Grats anyway!

LOL at how Fordham never had to call me beforehand to figure out if I was still interested. Damn, they're good at what they do.

Enjoy Hastings, though! I'm still waitlisted there. I probably need to withdraw...
um... yeah, i think you do... just send them a pic of you decked out in Fordham gear, standing on 60th and Columbus... i'll take the pic for you.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 pm

JoshHK wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

163/3.4. in PT. yay.

--ImageRemoved--
i am beaming right now... ok we really need to do some celebratory drinking this week. yes? :D

Congrats * 10000000!!!! I just got a glimmer of hope from the Dean but I may have to wait a bit longer. I may lose my mind by then, but hey there might be a small flicker at the end of the tunnel.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:03 pm

OMG that's exactly what I need. MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Later this week, when Pammy gets her acceptance, who's down for some celebratory champagne?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Sun May 10, 2009 10:12 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Later this week, when Pammy gets her acceptance, who's down for some celebratory champagne?
yes please. flute? 54th and Broadway...? close to Fordham.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm

JoshHK wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Later this week, when Pammy gets her acceptance, who's down for some celebratory champagne?
yes please. flute? 54th and Broadway...? close to Fordham.
I've been there. Let's plan it!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”