Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pammy1985

Bronze

Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by pammy1985 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 pm

I submitted my application to Fordham Law early in 2009 and they've had it since January 30, 2009. Today is April 24 and I still have no response from them. Why in the world is it taking so long? Has anyone else had this problem. Every other school has answered me except Fordham. Another thing: With a 3.66 GPA and a 162 LSAT, do you think I have a chance at Fordham part-time evening or am I hoping for the impossible? Thank you!

CamilleElise

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by CamilleElise » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 pm

they're taking forever to respond to me too....you're not alone!

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 am

I'm in that boat too :(

I've applied to the PT evening program too (with a 3.6/164.) Good luck to you!

nocalls4jeff

New

Post by nocalls4jeff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah they took forever to give me a response but they finally did and it just went up via status checker this morning....I got the boot :(

But I applied to the full-time program. I've heard they've been very slow with things this year

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:I'm in that boat too :(

Have you heard back? A bunch of ppl have gotten answers recently, BUT NOT ME! :x I'm so frustrated, honestly I'm afraid that even if they do accept me, I'll be tempted to tell them to go f... themselves because of what they've put me through!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

pammy1985 wrote:

Have you heard back? A bunch of ppl have gotten answers recently, BUT NOT ME! :x I'm so frustrated, honestly I'm afraid that even if they do accept me, I'll be tempted to tell them to go f... themselves because of what they've put me through!!!

Pammy, here is my daily routine: wake up, Fordham status checker, shower, coffee, nytimes, Fordham status checker, work, dinner, Fordham status checker, sleep, repeat. Needless to say, my status (as of an hour ago) has not changed since February. Maybe our application files fell behind someone's desk (?)

Have you tried contacting admissions? I haven't yet but might just for the hell of it.

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 pm

I applied in December and went complete Jan 5th. I have heard nothing; I tried e-mailing and got no response. 171/3.1 They were my first choice, but now that I've already deposited at W&M (where I have a scholly), I really just want my freaking decision so I can move on with my life.

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Wed May 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Haha. Fordham does take long to respond but I'm convinced that they are taking their time to have more holistic approach on applications.
I applied back in November and they got back to me on March.

--ImageRemoved--

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed May 06, 2009 11:22 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote: Pammy, here is my daily routine: wake up, Fordham status checker, shower, coffee, nytimes, Fordham status checker, work, dinner, Fordham status checker, sleep, repeat. Needless to say, my status (as of an hour ago) has not changed since February. Maybe our application files fell behind someone's desk (?)

Have you tried contacting admissions? I haven't yet but might just for the hell of it.
ZOMG. I did exactly that from November 19th (my complete date) to January 23rd (my waitlist date.) Then I proceeded to do more of the same for another 99 days, from January 23rd to May 1st. On the 99th day, the damn thing changed, and I nearly went into cardiac arrest. Do not give up. The part time program is "substantially full," but your numbers are better than mine. You are close to the new PT 75th percentile (IE: autoadmit numbers). If you had applied earlier in the cycle, you would have gotten in very quickly. If there is any room, I predict that you still will.

The dean of enrollment told me that Fordham is aiming for 164 as its new part time median. I have seen high GPA 162s and 163s get in, and early in the cycle, nitsudrx got in with 161/3.3. Given the insane yield this year (about 75%, according to the dean,) and the few spaces left, I would guess that successful applicants will now need higher numbers.

I would absolutely write to the dean, and visit, if you can. My Fordham acceptance was my life's honor, and I want to see other TLSers get in, too!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Conan wrote:Haha. Fordham does take long to respond but I'm convinced that they are taking their time to have more holistic approach on applications.
Conan, even though I am totally taken, I love you. I applied back in November and was admitted on May 1st. I probably got in because you deferred. Thank you.

EDIT: And no, you do not love Fordham more than I love Fordham. There isn't that much love in all of Shakespeare's sonnets.
Last edited by OperaSoprano on Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Also, can you tell me how you got that screen shot? I want to make one. Art project! <3

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Also, can you tell me how you got that screen shot? I want to make one. Art project! <3
1. You press "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
2. Open the Microsoft paint
3. Just click "paste" and tada~ you have your screen shot!

I asked for a deferral just for you Opera. =D

robcataus

New

Post by robcataus » Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 pm

So I got waitlisted in late-March via status checker, sent them a targeted LOCI a week later, and just received the actual waitlist letter in the mail last week, dated April 24th, also asking if I wanted to remain on the waitlist. I realize they must have tons of applicants to deal with, but that lack of "touch" that I've experienced with almost every other school I've communicated with caused me to check the "no, I am not interested in remaining on the waitlist" box, and forgetting about it all. It's one thing to notify me more than a month after than the decision was made, but the fact that they practically ignored my letter, which I spent a lot of time on (despite the fact that I'm in at better-ranked schools) just pushed me over the edge.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 am

Conan wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Also, can you tell me how you got that screen shot? I want to make one. Art project! <3
1. You press "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
2. Open the Microsoft paint
3. Just click "paste" and tada~ you have your screen shot!

I asked for a deferral just for you Opera. =D
Conan, when we are classmates in '10, drinks are on me. Stand by for some very obnoxious digital art!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am

Fordham lost their dean of admissions along with another admissions counselor this cycle (to Hofstra) give them a break. There's a reason things are going slower than usual.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 am

You should have seen the stacks of paper applications in the dean's office. It was an absolute sea of paperwork! I don't envy the man his job at all.

...He is such a kind, thoughtful man, though. Even Hoff thought so. He is doing his best to get everything sorted quickly. He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:05 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:

Pammy, here is my daily routine: wake up, Fordham status checker, shower, coffee, nytimes, Fordham status checker, work, dinner, Fordham status checker, sleep, repeat. Needless to say, my status (as of an hour ago) has not changed since February. Maybe our application files fell behind someone's desk (?)

I've contacted them a gazillion times via phone and email. They are seriously being ridiculous! How do NYU and Columbia answer within a month and Fordham does not? Wouldn't you think that NYU and C have more applicants?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Conan wrote:Haha. Fordham does take long to respond but I'm convinced that they are taking their time to have more holistic approach on applications.

--ImageRemoved--
Ughhhh I'm so freaking jealous of you right now. Did you have to rub that in our faces, btw? :evil:

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:You should have seen the stacks of paper applications in the dean's office. It was an absolute sea of paperwork! I don't envy the man his job at all.

...He is such a kind, thoughtful man, though. Even Hoff thought so. He is doing his best to get everything sorted quickly. He promised that within the next two weeks, the waitlist would be largely dissolved. Those people still waitlisted then would have a very good chance of admission!
It is first time that I wish I am still waitlisted for the next two weeks. :)
Please Fordham let me in. :D

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:You should have seen the stacks of paper applications in the dean's office. It was an absolute sea of paperwork! I don't envy the man his job at all.

I am not even on the waitlist. I have NOTHING!!!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm

pammy1985 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--
Ughhhh I'm so freaking jealous of you right now. Did you have to rub that in our faces, btw? :evil:
I guess all we can do is to wait. Wait the phone to ring, wait for the email to show up, wait for the change on that status chekcer.

wait, wait, wait..... :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:14 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get a positive response soon. Good luck!

sbalterman

New

Post by sbalterman » Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 pm

do they update the status checker daily? i called and they said they do it once a week. i keep checking regardless though..

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm

sbalterman wrote:do they update the status checker daily? i called and they said they do it once a week. i keep checking regardless though..
I think OperaS can answer this one. I am in the same boat with you on this one.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:

I want to see you guys get in! About the screenshot, though: Conan helped us all by deferring!

I know this is awful, but it seriously won't be much longer. They do update the status checker every day during this critical period.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”