In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lisa7n99

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Last edited by Lisa7n99 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

gogators

Postby gogators » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:doesn't seem like there's any rejections/wait lists either, just no movement at all. let's hope for next week. i'll volunteer to call again Monday mid-afternoon.

I wonder if soon their going to realize that a small band of random strangers is forming a coalition of sorts to determine their inner workings :twisted:

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm pretty sure they read this.

arpege321

Postby arpege321 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:38 am

i am getting sick of all this waiting... why can't cornell just admit those whose first choice is ACTUALLY cornell.. and not admit those who are spoiled with choices... it's not fair.. as a foreigner i am alarmed to see those who spell 'their' instead 'there' etc got admitted into t14 law schools... the whole legitimacy of US law schools now is quite beyond me... dunno if anyone shares my feeling or i am making a fool of myself here, but i am just not really happy about this whole process. dont get me wrong - i totally love cornell - otherwise why would it be my first choice (my REAL first choice)? hopefully the admissions officers know what they are doing.
Last edited by arpege321 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 am

arpege321 wrote:i am getting sick of all this waiting... why can't cornell just admit those whose first choice is ACTUALLY cornell.. and not admit those who are spoiled with choices... it's not fair.. as a foreign i am alarmed to see those who spell 'their' instead 'there' etc got admitted into t14 law schools... the whole legitimacy of US law schools now is quite beyond me... dunno if anyone shares my feeling or i am making a fool of myself here, but i am just not really happy about this whole process. dont get me wrong - i totally love cornell - otherwise why would it be my first choice (my REAL first choice)? hopefully the admissions officers know what they are doing.

....another great "He's Just Not That Into You" moment in history.... :lol:

youpiiz

Postby youpiiz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:29 am

arpege321 wrote:i am getting sick of all this waiting... why can't cornell just admit those whose first choice is ACTUALLY cornell.. and not admit those who are spoiled with choices... it's not fair.. as a foreigner i am alarmed to see those who spell 'their' instead 'there' etc got admitted into t14 law schools... the whole legitimacy of US law schools now is quite beyond me... dunno if anyone shares my feeling or i am making a fool of myself here, but i am just not really happy about this whole process. dont get me wrong - i totally love cornell - otherwise why would it be my first choice (my REAL first choice)? hopefully the admissions officers know what they are doing.

the us admission process is actually quite a bit :?

fsohn

Postby fsohn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:45 am

arpege321 wrote:i am getting sick of all this waiting... why can't cornell just admit those whose first choice is ACTUALLY cornell.. and not admit those who are spoiled with choices... it's not fair.. as a foreigner i am alarmed to see those who spell 'their' instead 'there' etc got admitted into t14 law schools... the whole legitimacy of US law schools now is quite beyond me... dunno if anyone shares my feeling or i am making a fool of myself here, but i am just not really happy about this whole process. dont get me wrong - i totally love cornell - otherwise why would it be my first choice (my REAL first choice)? hopefully the admissions officers know what they are doing.

Remember that this is an internet forum, and many people simply don't care about spelling or grammar while on it. Such mistakes are hardly a reason to doubt the "whole legitimacy" of US law schools.

Nevertheless, I feel your frustration. For many reasons, Chicago was my first choice when I was applying (though I'm now well-satisfied here at Cornell and glad I came), but they kept me on the waitlist so long that I left once Cornell accepted me (and got rejected eventually, so no big loss there). However, most of the schools are private institutions and can do what they want without explaining. That's the beauty and the frustration of private schools--their preferences are not your preferences.

Nonetheless, even if you don't get in off the reserve list, I'm sure you'll do well wherever else you go. Good luck!

tvaddicted

Postby tvaddicted » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Here is to hoping this week brings some acceptances.

Ali

Postby Ali » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 am

tvaddicted wrote:Here is to hoping this week brings some acceptances.

+1

doxology

Postby doxology » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 am

Just noticed this board and figured I'd join the coalition to crack the inner workings of Cornell's admissions office. Thanks to my sluggish registrar's office, my updated transcript finally made it there last week, so hopefully I'm in the batch for this week. We shall soon see...

Best of luck everyone.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 am

Ali wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:Here is to hoping this week brings some acceptances.

+1

+2 8)

NYCWolverine

Postby NYCWolverine » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 am

Something has to happen this week... right?

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 am

NYCWolverine wrote:Something has to happen this week... right?

Yes. When I called last week, they said another batch of reserve applications was going into committee for review this--something has to come from that..
Last edited by Skyfly1769 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:31 pm

narfkarta wrote:Has anyone called today to get the scoop?

I haven't called and won't anytime soon. i don't think it's healthy (for me at least) to stress about this week in week out. I do, however, expect a decision to be made on my file probably by mid july.

word of the summer: patience

doxology

Postby doxology » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Well, when I heard from them this morning, they confirmed that reserve applicants are being re-reviewed right now, but there's no way of knowing when the decisions will be rendered. Same story, but with the Friday deposit deadline passed, does anybody else think there's going to be another round of Wednesday calls? And has anyone from the reserve list actually received a rejection letter yet?

MissMaroon

Postby MissMaroon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:24 pm

doxology wrote:Well, when I heard from them this morning, they confirmed that reserve applicants are being re-reviewed right now, but there's no way of knowing when the decisions will be rendered. Same story, but with the Friday deposit deadline passed, does anybody else think there's going to be another round of Wednesday calls? And has anyone from the reserve list actually received a rejection letter yet?

??? So they just called you to say what's up?!

Lawyer2012

Postby Lawyer2012 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Looks like we need a distraction! Ladies and Gentleman...Mr. Conway Twitty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uimJ3rCW_zw

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Lawyer2012 wrote:Looks like we need a distraction! Ladies and Gentleman...Mr. Conway Twitty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uimJ3rCW_zw

very well played, haha

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
doxology wrote:Well, when I heard from them this morning, they confirmed that reserve applicants are being re-reviewed right now, but there's no way of knowing when the decisions will be rendered. Same story, but with the Friday deposit deadline passed, does anybody else think there's going to be another round of Wednesday calls? And has anyone from the reserve list actually received a rejection letter yet?

I bet he called. lol

doxology

Postby doxology » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

MissMaroon wrote:

Haha, no, I think they only call for one reason. I meant I heard via e-mail...semantics, my bad. I e-mailed them last night to confirm receipt of my transcripts and just asked when they're going to look at my file...in so many words. With work, it's hard for me to get a call in off the west coast, and they don't always pick up during their normal hours. So, I've been doing most of the communication over e-mail, but the message they sent this morning was really nice, even invited me to call or e-mail periodically to get the scoop. I might try calling them again soon if there are questions to be asked.

legalaid

Postby legalaid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 pm

They should reserve at least one spot for an applicant who does the Craziest Stunt to get in.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am

legalaid wrote:They should reserve at least one spot for an applicant who does the Craziest Stunt to get in.

I just went sky diving without a parachute... do i win?

MissMaroon

Postby MissMaroon » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 am

doxology wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:

Haha, no, I think they only call for one reason. I meant I heard via e-mail...semantics, my bad. I e-mailed them last night to confirm receipt of my transcripts and just asked when they're going to look at my file...in so many words. With work, it's hard for me to get a call in off the west coast, and they don't always pick up during their normal hours. So, I've been doing most of the communication over e-mail, but the message they sent this morning was really nice, even invited me to call or e-mail periodically to get the scoop. I might try calling them again soon if there are questions to be asked.

Ahhh ok gotcha. For a second there, I was jealous haha.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”