In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
narfkarta
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby narfkarta » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm

.
Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:52 pm

i was planning on calling toward the end of the day....

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

I missed the post where someone said deposits are due tomorrow.

I guess we wont hear anything until next week... :(

damnit.

User avatar
Tron
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Tron » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 pm

pope gregory...help...get me off this damn reserve

--LinkRemoved--

NYCWolverine
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Not that it means anything but...is anyone else's status checker down?

tvaddicted
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby tvaddicted » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Yup my status checker is down too.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 pm

mine does that like every other day. they are reviewing now and we should hear any day now is what they said on the phone.......admits are by email/phone, anything else is by letter.

tvaddicted
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby tvaddicted » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm

And I sort of have a bad feeling about this because all of the people who have been accepted off reserve had no change with their statuses online. Instead, they got phone calls. I think that they are going to start rejecting or waitlisting a lot of people from reserve now, and that some of our statuses will have new complete/decision dates.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:20 pm

would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.


My status checker is a-ok.

But yes, I'll call. Gimme a sec.

NYCWolverine
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:29 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.


My status checker is a-ok.

But yes, I'll call. Gimme a sec.


Never mind, mine is back to normal. Wow, I think im losing it.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:

The woman who answered the phone does not know whether or not the class is full, but she does know that many reserve candidates are being re-reviewed right now. As of a couple weeks ago, there was a handful of spots available, and so some offers went out, but she does not know the status of the class at the moment. She then offered to look up my file and see if it has been pulled. After checking, she said it has been pulled and is currently in review. She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

As I said, she checked my personal file, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if you guys could hold off for awhile on calling to check your personal status because she knows who I am and will know who just inspired all of TLS to flood her phone line....

Hope this helps!

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm

thank you very much. should we expect that status checker to change either way when the decision does come?

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:thank you very much. should we expect that status checker to change either way when the decision does come?


I don't know, and if we should expect that, I don't want to know. I'm happy to be done with status checker madness. Let's just assume it won't change.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm

MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:

The woman who answered the phone does not know whether or not the class is full, but she does know that many reserve candidates are being re-reviewed right now. As of a couple weeks ago, there was a handful of spots available, and so some offers went out, but she does not know the status of the class at the moment. She then offered to look up my file and see if it has been pulled. After checking, she said it has been pulled and is currently in review. She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

As I said, she checked my personal file, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if you guys could hold off for awhile on calling to check your personal status because she knows who I am and will know who just inspired all of TLS to flood her phone line....

Hope this helps!


Thank you soo much for sharing. :D

riave
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:58 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby riave » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:46 pm

MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:
She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

on TLS, 7 people were offered a spot off of reserve and 5/7 have declined the offer...it would make sense that they still have spots open...i'm sure at this point in the admission cycle they know exactly how many they need to add in order to fill the class, and probably didn't accept more applicants, with that first batch of people off of reserve, than they would have room for.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

riave wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:
She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

on TLS, 7 people were offered a spot off of reserve and 5/7 have declined the offer...it would make sense that they still have spots open...i'm sure at this point in the admission cycle they know exactly how many they need to add in order to fill the class, and probably didn't accept more applicants, with that first batch of people off of reserve, than they would have room for.



Im hoping for more spots. But I bet we will hear next week sometime..

tvaddicted
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby tvaddicted » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am

sentinal5656 wrote:
riave wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:
She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

on TLS, 7 people were offered a spot off of reserve and 5/7 have declined the offer...it would make sense that they still have spots open...i'm sure at this point in the admission cycle they know exactly how many they need to add in order to fill the class, and probably didn't accept more applicants, with that first batch of people off of reserve, than they would have room for.



Im hoping for more spots. But I bet we will hear next week sometime..


yeah, it seems like there are a lot of us on reserve, so hopefully there are enough spots for all of us. one can dream :wink: .

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

Cornell has a small class size though. So, I dunno.... but i am still hoping nonetheless

narfkarta
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby narfkarta » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:22 am

.
Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Skyfly1769
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am

narfkarta wrote:Can someone call and check up...i cant beacuse i bother this poor lady too much i dont want her to hate me


What do you feel you want to know? I spoke with them this morning already.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?

User avatar
gogators
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby gogators » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 am

I've already committed myself to the idea that nothing is going to happen until Monday. If the deposits are due today, they really have no reason to call us today. So relax everybody!

User avatar
Skyfly1769
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:43 am

Lisa7n99 wrote:Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?


They told me they will be reviewing people until the end of the month in batches, but said there's no particular way that they are put together (standard answer). And that my file is not yet under review, but that it will go in the next batch next week.

But yeah, I'm with gogators on there probably not being much action today since people have until today to pay their deposit.

User avatar
sentinal5656
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Skyfly1769 wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?


They told me they will be reviewing people until the end of the month in batches, but said there's no particular way that they are put together (standard answer). And that my file is not yet under review, but that it will go in the next batch next week.

But yeah, I'm with gogators on there probably not being much action today since people have until today to pay their deposit.


sigh. no admits. :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”