In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tothetop

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby tothetop » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 pm

matt386 wrote:
joebucket wrote:
matt386 wrote:Just so everyone knows, I got in off reserve last week but I have until this Friday to pay my deposit. So that could be part of the reason why there hasn't been any major changes in the size of the facebook group as some people going off reserve may not have paid their deposits as of yet.

Are you going to attend?

I visited over the weekend and was really impressed, and I also received a generous scholarship award too. At this point though, I'm not sure because I have a few other great options as well, but I'm leaning toward taking it and seeing how my other waitlists play out.

Does accepting their offer bind you? I know some schools make you sign a registration form which states something along the lines of "By signing this form, you commit to paying 1L first semester tuition, fees, blah blah." If this is the case with Cornell and you accept their offer, then "playing out" the waitlist means Friday for you. However, I'm not sure if they play this way.

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 pm

narfkarta wrote:
matt386 wrote:Just so everyone knows, I got in off reserve last week but I have until this Friday to pay my deposit. So that could be part of the reason why there hasn't been any major changes in the size of the facebook group as some people going off reserve may not have paid their deposits as of yet.

Ohhh I think this is the mix up: I and most people were under the impression you got the calls last Wed and had until that friday (two days after) to pay the deposit, so we figured they'd weed out those interested from those not already. But if it's this FRiday that you have to make your decision then that's a totally different story, then maybe it's next week that the next batch of calls goes out...

Word, this definitely changes the game. I don't know how they're gonna wrap this whole process up in three weeks if they're giving people over a week to decide and make their deposits.

Instead of sticking it out in purgatory, I feel like I'm slowing being pushed toward the gate of Dis that states "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"...

matt386

Postby matt386 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:19 pm

tothetop wrote:
matt386 wrote:
joebucket wrote:

Are you going to attend?

I visited over the weekend and was really impressed, and I also received a generous scholarship award too. At this point though, I'm not sure because I have a few other great options as well, but I'm leaning toward taking it and seeing how my other waitlists play out.

Does accepting their offer bind you? I know some schools make you sign a registration form which states something along the lines of "By signing this form, you commit to paying 1L first semester tuition, fees, blah blah." If this is the case with Cornell and you accept their offer, then "playing out" the waitlist means Friday for you. However, I'm not sure if they play this way.

I just panicked now that you said that and went through all my registration materials to check, but they say nothing about that and I'm pretty sure such a policy would have to be explicitly put out there. All it says is to pay the $700 deposit by this Friday and I'm all set. Hope that helps.

riave

Postby riave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 pm

narfkarta wrote:Ok so I just made my neurotic phone call of the week. The lady told me in the next couple of days they should start the re-review. There will most likely be an initial batch of the reserves that will be admitted. Those admitted will receive emails and regular mail, the email is since they are dealing with time-sensitive issues. Then the rest will be placed on waitlist or denied. After that intial batch as openings pop up they will admit people on a rolling basis off the waitlist.

If it's playing out like that, then everyone waiting now might just be waiting to be either summer waitlisted or rejected, since there was that group that was admitted last wednesday and it seems like there's not that big of a time crunch for those admitted to make a chose, like we initially thought. The the rest of us may just have to wait for individual spots open up if we make the next cut.

Adele

Postby Adele » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm

matt386 wrote:
I just panicked now that you said that and went through all my registration materials to check, but they say nothing about that and I'm pretty sure such a policy would have to be explicitly put out there. All it says is to pay the $700 deposit by this Friday and I'm all set. Hope that helps.

hmmm so was the 2 day deadline for you to decide if you wanted to accept the offer? Im guessing that what it was and then you have a week to pay the $700 deposit...right?
Also Matt you're giving up UVA for Cornell? Ithaca >>> Charlottesville lol

riave

Postby riave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm

matt386 wrote:I visited over the weekend and was really impressed, and I also received a generous scholarship award too. At this point though, I'm not sure because I have a few other great options as well, but I'm leaning toward taking it and seeing how my other waitlists play out.

waiting on Columbia?

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Adele wrote:
matt386 wrote:

hmmm so was the 2 day deadline for you to decide if you wanted to accept the offer? Im guessing that what it was and then you have a week to pay the $700 deposit...right?

This is insane.

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
Adele wrote:
matt386 wrote:

This is insane.

TITCR

Adele

Postby Adele » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Skyfly1769 wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
Adele wrote:
matt386 wrote:

This is insane.

TITCR

Hahaha why? Just my opinion...didn't like Charlottesville :( Nothing agaisnt UVA would pick it over Cornell if i had the choice...

edit- Liz u went to UVA for undergrad right?

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Adele wrote:Hahaha why? Just my opinion...didn't like Charlottesville :( Nothing agaisnt UVA would pick it over Cornell if i had the choice...

edit- Liz u went to UVA for undergrad right?

Yuppers. Charlottesville is like Ithaca without the cold part.

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:25 pm

They are definitely reviewing us---i at least know for a fact she said they were putting the files together early this morning and taking them to the committee this afternoon. who knows, maybe all of the phone calls kept them from doing that and now we're held off again! :)

I am going to remain positive also. I'm just glad i applied this year and not last when they apparently had 200+ confirmations at this point.

Pyros

Postby Pyros » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Well... one more free spot for you guys...

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Pyros wrote:Well... one more free spot for you guys...

+1

Pyros

Postby Pyros » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

narfkarta wrote:Thanks mister :) Where did u decide to head off to?

Probably nowhere this year.

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm

nobody got an offer today? whyyyy....

liz, did you pick cornell?

riave

Postby riave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:nobody got an offer today? whyyyy....

no...liz picked NU

gogators

Postby gogators » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm

riave wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:nobody got an offer today? whyyyy....

no...liz picked NU

happy for liz and happy for us!

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 am

any calls todayyyyyyyyy!??!!??

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am

sentinal5656 wrote:any calls todayyyyyyyyy!??!!??

Do you mean today as in Thursday? The business day has just begun...
Last edited by Skyfly1769 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tron

Postby Tron » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 am

left my cell at home by accident...fml

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 am

Skyfly1769 wrote:

Yesss. Today. and relax, i know.

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 am

sentinal5656 wrote:
Skyfly1769 wrote:

Yesss. Today. and relax, i know.

I would say with your exasperated question and excessive letter usage, I'm hardly the one that needs to relax, haha.

But sit tight, hopefully there will be good news for all of us coming very soon :D

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 am

Lol. i'm just glad i found a game on my ipod that is relatively mindless but is the ONLY thing that keeps my mind off of all this stuff. not even work distracts me enough..

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”