In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tvaddicted

Bronze

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:14 am

ack, the number of people in the cornell law class of 2012 increased from 132 to 137....i hope there is still some room left. :?:

riave

New

Post by riave » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 am

tvaddicted wrote:ack, the number of people in the cornell law class of 2012 increased from 132 to 137....i hope there is still some room left. :?:
eh...that number is still below the 193 class size, a good portion of those added between last wednesday and now (10 total) could be people who were accepted and committed from regular decision.

NYCWolverine

New

Post by NYCWolverine » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 am

I feel like we are all just waiting for our Beatrice to lead us out of Purgatory and into the circle of gorges and Myron Taylor Hall...sorry, I just couldnt resist (Wow im a dork)

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:54 am

I'm on the reserve list also. Do you guys know if that's the same as a wait list or is that separate?
When I sent them my LOCI, I told them to add it to my "wait list" file. I hope this doesn't affect their decision negatively if reserve doesn't mean wait list.

Tron

New

Post by Tron » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Ali wrote:I'm on the reserve list also. Do you guys know if that's the same as a wait list or is that separate?
When I sent them my LOCI, I told them to add it to my "wait list" file. I hope this doesn't affect their decision negatively if reserve doesn't mean wait list.
No, the reserve is like a pre-waitlist. Theyre going to admit a few more people (hopefully), then make their 'official' summer waitlist sometime soon, then ding the rest. I'm pretty sure the admissions staff is aware of the reserve list's ambiguity, so you should be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 pm

narfkarta wrote:Okay if no one has gotten calls today then I believe the calls are gonna go out tomorrow. Last week if you remember it was a Wednesday that they made teh calls too, it looks like theyre giving a week hiatus for people to respond and before they call the new batch. Yesterday the lady on the phone also told me that re-review would happen "this week". That's my guess: wed is the magical day.

crossing my fingers then

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 pm

thank you for the info. i was about to call again but figured that it wouldn't happen until tomorrow. they are fairly slow with this process, but maybe a slower more careful review is better.

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Good luck to all of you! Minor point, but 2 of the people on the facebook group are system administrators. Not sure how many people are not a part of the facebook group, but I would guess not too many.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:42 am

Is today the day!??!!??!

joebucket

New

Post by joebucket » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 am

haha....maybe?

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 am

OK so i called again, literally the files were just sent over to the committee for review a few minutes ago. from what they said, i had not been re-reviewed yet. also, what do you all think about asking in what order they are going ? for example, if its alphabetical, or ranked, etc. i would like to know this so i have a better idea of when to expect word on my file.

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am

We could figure this out to some degree if it were alphabetical, couldn't we? Like based on who has gotten an offer? Could it be in order of dates on which our files were complete? Where are all these people who received offers so we can get their stats?!?!?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

joebucket

New

Post by joebucket » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am

MissMaroon wrote:We could figure this out to some degree if it were alphabetical, couldn't we? Like based on who has gotten an offer? Could it be in order of dates on which our files were complete? Where are all these people who received offers so we can get their stats?!?!?
There is a "Cornell Class of 2012" thread...

riave

New

Post by riave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 am

MissMaroon wrote:We could figure this out to some degree if it were alphabetical, couldn't we? Like based on who has gotten an offer? Could it be in order of dates on which our files were complete? Where are all these people who received offers so we can get their stats?!?!?
okay, they let people in off of reserve last week....were some people already reviewed last week and not admitted? and how would we know if we were reviewed or not?

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:36 am

The Cornell Law group on facebook just jumped up from 138 to 141....

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:37 am

OK i sucked it up again and called. except did not mention my name this time :)

they said it is not alphabetical so that us "end of the alphabet" people are not at a disadvantage, and actually its not very formal either. they basically go through and pluck them out. she emphasized that that is why its important to supplement your file, to make it "stand out" i suppose.

honestly, its hard to believe that we wouldn't be ranked on LSAT or some other criterion, but from what they say, it seems pretty arbitrary..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am

Lisa7n99 wrote:OK i sucked it up again and called. except did not mention my name this time :)

they said it is not alphabetical so that us "end of the alphabet" people are not at a disadvantage, and actually its not very formal either. they basically go through and pluck them out. she emphasized that that is why its important to supplement your file, to make it "stand out" i suppose.

honestly, its hard to believe that we wouldn't be ranked on LSAT or some other criterion, but from what they say, it seems pretty arbitrary..
supplement it with what? i've been kicking ass and taking names at the same job i was kicking ass and taking names at 6 months ago when i applied.....

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am

riave wrote:
okay, they let people in off of reserve last week....were some people already reviewed last week and not admitted? and how would we know if we were reviewed or not?
I'm sure some people were not admitted... does that mean we could just call them up and ask if we've been reviewed? If yes, then we've been rejected or waitlisted (which is the same as rejection for me because I am done waiting on Cornell)?

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 am

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
i've been kicking ass and taking names at the same job i was kicking ass and taking names at 6 months ago when i applied.....

I think you should supplement your file with exactly that quote. haha

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 am

lol, me too.

i'd guess LOCIs, transcripts, additional letters of reference, email contacts....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 pm

i sent in a LOCI. I bet thats not enough. :(

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:i sent in a LOCI. I bet thats not enough. :(
I sent in three, but nothing else bc I didn't have anything else to send....im sure that isn't enough

joebucket

New

Post by joebucket » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Seriously though, what are we supposed to do? Bake them cookies? Make a photo collage of our hopes and dreams?

Anyway, I thought we were on reserve because we didn't stand out enough in the first place. If LOCIs and LORs aren't enough, those of us that are post UG are screwed.

Lizface killah

Bronze

Post by Lizface killah » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

joebucket wrote:
Seriously though, what are we supposed to do? Bake them cookies? Make a photo collage of our hopes and dreams?

Anyway, I thought we were on reserve because we didn't stand out enough in the first place. If LOCIs and LORs aren't enough, those of us that are post UG are screwed.
Drop everything and drive to Ithaca. I highly reccomend it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”