In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tron

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Tron » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

come onnnnnnnnnn phone call!!

btw, have any URM's been admitted off the reserve yet?

Skyfly1769

Postby Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 am

Tron wrote:come onnnnnnnnnn phone call!!

btw, have any URM's been admitted off the reserve yet?

I am wondering the same thing...

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:50 am

i'm a URM and no word yet. i'm wondering what will happen to people who were placed on reserve, not once, but twice.

riave

Postby riave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:i'm a URM and no word yet. i'm wondering what will happen to people who were placed on reserve, not once, but twice.

probably no difference between the two types at this point.

i'm also an URM but have heard nothing. part of me thinks that this first batch of people on the reserve who were admitted were already ahead of others on reserve in priority/preference. It kinda makes sense since at least on this thread all except 1 out of the 4/5 accepted off the reserve list didn't have a better offer (northwestern, michigan, etc...)...so i'm inclined to think that those students are a notch above the others on reserve.

Also, I called on wednesday to confirm the arrival of my LOCI and was told that they still hadn't begun reviewing reserve applicants, but would in the next few days.

NYCWolverine

Postby NYCWolverine » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
NYCWolverine wrote:
Pyros wrote:
riave wrote:i have the same early april decision date....i wonder if people who are getting phone calls and ultimatums to choose within 2 days get a status change prior to receiving the call.

No status change here. I have a slight suspicion that Cornell does not really accept people until they say they accept the acceptance. Better for their yield I guess.

I want mine to change so badly!!!!!! Come on Cornell, Im mildy obsessed with you...

just mildly?

come on sentinal..don't you know that full-fledged obsession just scares the law schools away?!
mild obsession ftw.. ;)[/quote]

Right on, dont want to scare them too much. I think my incessant letter writing, 3 trips to Ithaca, and the constant checking of the status checker since October might be pushing it as is...

animalcrkrs

Postby animalcrkrs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 pm

I loved that thread a while back where someone asked "Do you think schools monitor how many times you check the status checker?"
While I seriously doubt it, I was a bit nervous--what if they did??? They could see how neurotic and desperate I am!!!! ;)
Last edited by animalcrkrs on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYCWolverine

Postby NYCWolverine » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:I loved that thread a while back where someone asked "Do you think schools monitor how many times you check the status checker?"
While I seriously doubt it, I was a bit nervous--what it they did??? They could see how neurotic and desperate I am!!!! ;)

Home screen too much?

riave

Postby riave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 pm

NYCWolverine wrote:
animalcrkrs wrote:I loved that thread a while back where someone asked "Do you think schools monitor how many times you check the status checker?"
While I seriously doubt it, I was a bit nervous--what it they did??? They could see how neurotic and desperate I am!!!! ;)

Home screen too much?

hahaha...that's awesome...one step above bookmarking it...one giant step.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:27 pm

I was under the impression that the reserve list was not ranked...anyone know anything about this?

11:27 in the west, 2:30 approximately in Ithaca. Another day I expect no news!

riave

Postby riave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:I was under the impression that the reserve list was not ranked...anyone know anything about this?

11:27 in the west, 2:30 approximately in Ithaca. Another day I expect no news!

It's actually 1:30 here on the east coast. yours must be mountain west time.
Last edited by riave on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm

yep, southwest. beautiful day out today.

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riave

Postby riave » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 pm

narfkarta wrote:the consensus we reached yesterday was that phone calls wouldnt be made again till Monday at least beacuse on Wed they made calls and gave those people two days time to accept/decline. So they had to wait and see how many of those people would actually fill spots before making new offers. This is confirmed by the fact that yesterday i called the office to ask about a letter i sent and the lady told me they would review my file next week. So I'm assuming they have the reserves in batches and make offers every few days so they can weed out those interested from those not in those batches.

if they were to review apps in batches, any guess as to how they determine which people are placed in which batch?

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:49 pm

all i know is that when i reviewed off of reserve in march, i was told it was random. have a good weekend everyone.

rmangel85

Postby rmangel85 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted so far off reserve?

schuywalker

Postby schuywalker » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:33 pm

on 5/22 Adele posted the following:

Fbk group count-
Unofficial-85
Official-120

The Official facebook group- for students in the Cornell Law School Class of 2012, who have been admitted and who have sent their deposit. Students will receive an invitation to this group when deposit has been received count is now up to 132.

12 people have been added since 5/22. Some could be from the reserve, some could have joined once they sent in the second deposit.

Adele

Postby Adele » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:12 pm

schuywalker wrote:on 5/22 Adele posted the following:

Fbk group count-
Unofficial-85
Official-120

The Official facebook group- for students in the Cornell Law School Class of 2012, who have been admitted and who have sent their deposit. Students will receive an invitation to this group when deposit has been received count is now up to 132.

12 people have been added since 5/22. Some could be from the reserve, some could have joined once they sent in the second deposit.

I counted about 5 people from TLS who got in, and to my knowledge 4 of them turned it down (LegalColorado, tjb, express SO, Pyros, Lizface tba?)
Facebook group was at 127 before the acceptances went out (yes i check everyday :oops: ) now its at 132...i'll let yall speculate what that means.
Also re:URM's tjb is half white/puerto rican but she's an alum soooooo yeah....Let's pray Monday brings great news!!

mbw

Postby mbw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:31 am

One of the new FB members is me - I was admitted back in March, but just decided on Thursday. But I did speak with someone while I was in Ithaca who is on reserve, and who was told there would be more movement on the reserve list this week.

Good luck everyone still waiting.

riave

Postby riave » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 am

mbw wrote:One of the new FB members is me - I was admitted back in March, but just decided on Thursday. But I did speak with someone while I was in Ithaca who is on reserve, and who was told there would be more movement on the reserve list this week.

hey thanks for the info.

also i saw your profile on LSN...what was the deciding factor for you choosing cornell. i initially read you had chosen Minnesota....did cornell up their scholarship offer?

mbw

Postby mbw » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

riave wrote:
mbw wrote:One of the new FB members is me - I was admitted back in March, but just decided on Thursday. But I did speak with someone while I was in Ithaca who is on reserve, and who was told there would be more movement on the reserve list this week.

hey thanks for the info.

also i saw your profile on LSN...what was the deciding factor for you choosing cornell. i initially read you had chosen Minnesota....did cornell up their scholarship offer?

There was a mix-up, and I never received my financial aid package before it was time to deposit at Minnesota - so I just assumed that I'd received no aid. A week ago, I receive email from Cornell asking if I was withdrawing and I mentioned the missing financial aid piece, which they then forwarded via .pdf. It was a substantial award, which was increased even more after I met with staff while visiting last week (they gave me additional time to make a decision.) It clearly swayed me, despite the fact we had already moved to Minneapolis a month ago.
Last edited by mbw on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joebucket

Postby joebucket » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:57 pm

huh...looks like there's no calls today?

They're probably processing whatever offers had a 6/5 deadline.

Maybe they'll make a round of calls later in the day...although it's pushing 3pm EST...

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:06 pm

I am on Reserve too. I doubt we will hear anything today. The deadline is end of day. So, tomorrow, they will know how many students accepted and then they can admit the appropriate number of people, I guess. I bet Tuesday or Wednesday will be the days.

GOod luck to all!

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Just curious, how many "deadlines" have there been so far for those accepted off of reserve? It seems like they are looking at the apps in "batches"....

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:Just curious, how many "deadlines" have there been so far for those accepted off of reserve? It seems like they are looking at the apps in "batches"....

I only know of 1.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”