In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pyros

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Actually it may turn out to be neither... hopefully law school this year will happen but as of yet I have no idea.
I didn't actually get a phone call. I'm abroad. Got an e-mail with a conditional offer - have to respond by tomorrow.
I am guessing it's not a real acceptance until I accept it... YP much?

The e-mail indicated Cornell tried to call me but could not get through. So for those hoping that the calls today are rolling in - I'm not sure if my call wasn't meant to happen yesterday.

narfkarta

Postby narfkarta » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

let/them/eat/cake

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm

no, but SOMEONE is getting annoyed by unnecessary threadbumping.

joebucket

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm

If they're giving people two days to decide, they probably aren't going to be making more calls until after that deadline, unless a bunch of people said no while on the phone with them, which is probably unlikely. Monday maybe? That way they can give two days, then do another round Wednesday - giving them two rounds in one week!

gogators

Postby gogators » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:29 pm

joebucket wrote:If they're giving people two days to decide, they probably aren't going to be making more calls until after that deadline, unless a bunch of people said no while on the phone with them, which is probably unlikely. Monday maybe? That way they can give two days, then do another round Wednesday - giving them two rounds in one week!

+1

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

i agree. it would not make sense to start wait listing until they know how many seats are still available after the initial round of reserve offers. i do wonder if they are rejecting off of reserve at this point.

joebucket

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 pm

I can see them unofficially doing this, but I doubt they would make any move to notify until they've filled their class first.

EDIT: even then, what do you think? Rejected via snail mail? Cornell seems a bit old fashioned...

Adele

Postby Adele » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:43 pm

fwiw facebook group members have gone up...so some people are accepting. I do agree with the theory that calls/emails went out yesterday and now their just waiting, it would make sense for a little more movement to happen next week. I guess we should just thank God that at least its moving!! :)

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:48 pm

i'm sorry, "fwiw"? :)

joebucket

Postby joebucket » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:49 pm

i'm sorry, "fwiw"? :)

Lol; +1

NYCWolverine

Postby NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Has anyone's status checker changed? Mine is still at decision with a march date. (EA Deferred and then Reserve)

Adele

Postby Adele » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:i'm sorry, "fwiw"? :)

lol sorry! for what its worth

tvaddicted

Postby tvaddicted » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:54 pm

NYCWolverine wrote:Has anyone's status checker changed? Mine is still at decision with a march date. (EA Deferred and then Reserve)

yeah, mine is also still stuck at decision...for those who were accepted off of reserve, did ur status checker change at all?

riave

Postby riave » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:55 pm

NYCWolverine wrote:Has anyone's status checker changed? Mine is still at decision with a march date. (EA Deferred and then Reserve)

i have the same early april decision date....i wonder if people who are getting phone calls and ultimatums to choose within 2 days get a status change prior to receiving the call.

Pyros

Postby Pyros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 pm

riave wrote:

i have the same early april decision date....i wonder if people who are getting phone calls and ultimatums to choose within 2 days get a status change prior to receiving the call.

No status change here. I have a slight suspicion that Cornell does not really accept people until they say they accept the acceptance. Better for their yield I guess.

NYCWolverine

Postby NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Pyros wrote:
riave wrote:

No status change here. I have a slight suspicion that Cornell does not really accept people until they say they accept the acceptance. Better for their yield I guess.

I want mine to change so badly!!!!!! Come on Cornell, Im mildy obsessed with you...

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 pm

NYCWolverine wrote:
Pyros wrote:
riave wrote:

I want mine to change so badly!!!!!! Come on Cornell, Im mildy obsessed with you...

just mildly?

panda

Postby panda » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
NYCWolverine wrote:
Pyros wrote:
riave wrote:i have the same early april decision date....i wonder if people who are getting phone calls and ultimatums to choose within 2 days get a status change prior to receiving the call.

just mildly?

come on sentinal..don't you know that full-fledged obsession just scares the law schools away?!
mild obsession ftw.. ;)

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 am

Wtf is the deal with the 2 day deadline??? I haven't felt this pressured to make a decision since prom night.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 am

yeah i must say it seems like the least courteous action from the Law School (at least for those accepted), though overall my experience has been positive. let us in waiting know what you decide. best of luck in your decision process.

tjb

Postby tjb » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 am

I officially turned down my Cornell seat today just now. Good luck! Someone must be getting a call next!

joebucket

Postby joebucket » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 am

Wtf is the deal with the 2 day deadline??? I haven't felt this pressured to make a decision since prom night.

Don't know what to say about prom night, but I think Cornell is making sure that people they offer acceptance to don't go spending a week trying to use their acceptance as leverage to get into rival schools. It strikes me as mildly brilliant.

animalcrkrs

Postby animalcrkrs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:40 am

Somebody who got accepted, PLEASE do as Lizface suggested and write Cornell an email letter of deferral from deciding. PLEASE.

"Dear Cornell,

After careful consideration, I have decided I am not ready to decide whether to come to Ithaca, and have placed your institution on my deferral list. While I understand this is likely disappointing for you, please know that eventually I will make some sort of decision. Moreover, this action should be familiar to you since your admissions committee chose to defer me twice since I applied Early Action back in OCTOBER.

When I do decide whether or not to come to Ithaca at some point between now and, say, maybe September of 2014, I expect an immediate response with a full scholarship offer within 48 hours.

I appreciate your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Me"

sentinal5656

Postby sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am

Lizface killah wrote:Wtf is the deal with the 2 day deadline??? I haven't felt this pressured to make a decision since prom night.

go to NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

grimtrigger

Postby grimtrigger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 am

For what it's worth you have one less competitor. Withdrew today after weighing my options. Good luck to the rest of you! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”