decision at duke

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MIAMI
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:36 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby MIAMI » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 pm

jdn012 wrote:
napolnic wrote:Are there people who are still stuck at "decision not yet made"?


here here!

+1

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby caoyun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 pm

MIAMI wrote:
jdn012 wrote:
napolnic wrote:Are there people who are still stuck at "decision not yet made"?


here here!

+1


That'd be me. 36 days and counting.

JJim1919
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby JJim1919 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm

hoosier1508 wrote:We'll find out in a few days. I'm assuming since most if not all of us are not PT, Duke has no reason to e-mail us.

I'm expecting a waitlist. I highly doubt I'm going to get outright rejected with a 3.5/172.

Also, all the high GPA 167's/168's are not going to be rejected either, most likely a WL.
Duke has developed an odd admissions strategy, which in all likelihood hurts them more than anything.

They automatically admit all these people within 10 days, most of whom are unlikely to attend. The people they should be targeting don't get PT, wait 5 months for a decision and then get waitlisted. Duke secures 20 people from their priority track acceptances and then has to go hunt down 180 people from their waitlist, most of whom will not attend considering Duke treats all Non PT applicants as if they didn't exist.

Duke is a low T14 who thinks its a T5.


Haha, I hope your right. I will take a Duke acceptance any way I can get it.

User avatar
Kat86
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby Kat86 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am

Interestingly, on the class forum's for 2012 Duke is the only t-14 w/o a class of '12 thread..... good going Duke.........


(please let me in)

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

alleycat3 wrote:My status checker changed to decision this morning with a decision date of 2/17. I guess this is a rejection, or maybe a waitlist (I don't think we know yet how they are doing non-PT waitlists this year...). Mostly I am just amused because I'm in at Berkeley, Mich, and NU, and I only applied for significant other reasons (and the job doesn't look like it's going to pan out, thankfully... "Sorry, hun, but I can get into three top ten schools but not Duke. Long distance it is!") What on earth does Duke think it is playing at?

Dresden, any change?


lol, Long Distance FTW! cheers man!

yeah Duke is acting strangely... this cycle. Is this their first year with the PT?

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:36 am

ben1185 wrote:Straight Ding, 2/13, mail came yesterday to Seattle.

167/3.85 Eng/2 years professional WE...
Complete back in early October...

I'm not sure what Duke is looking for this year...

Edit: I know what they are looking for, and it isn't a 167 LSAT, or even 168 it seems like... good luck with that approach :-p

Oh well, looks like Cornell it is (they were probably going to beat Duke if I got accepted there anyway, so I'm not mad :))


honestly I am hoping Cornell drops out of T14 this year!!

User avatar
mr.smurf
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:41 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby mr.smurf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 am

2/17 decision batch. GL ALL

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 am

Kat86 wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:We'll find out in a few days. I'm assuming since most if not all of us are not PT, Duke has no reason to e-mail us.

I'm expecting a waitlist. I highly doubt I'm going to get outright rejected with a 3.5/172.

Also, all the high GPA 167's/168's are not going to be rejected either, most likely a WL.
Duke has developed an odd admissions strategy, which in all likelihood hurts them more than anything.

They automatically admit all these people within 10 days, most of whom are unlikely to attend. The people they should be targeting don't get PT, wait 5 months for a decision and then get waitlisted. Duke secures 20 people from their priority track acceptances and then has to go hunt down 180 people from their waitlist, most of whom will not attend considering Duke treats all Non PT applicants as if they didn't exist.

Duke is a low T14 who thinks it a T5.



Nicely put


Duke USE TO BE ... and fairly consistently a top 10 school. But seems like NU took them out!

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 am

Kat86 wrote:Interestingly, on the class forum's for 2012 Duke is the only t-14 w/o a class of '12 thread..... good going Duke.........


(please let me in)


lol @ the bracket

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby Bosque » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 am

OcanadaO wrote:
Kat86 wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:We'll find out in a few days. I'm assuming since most if not all of us are not PT, Duke has no reason to e-mail us.

I'm expecting a waitlist. I highly doubt I'm going to get outright rejected with a 3.5/172.

Also, all the high GPA 167's/168's are not going to be rejected either, most likely a WL.
Duke has developed an odd admissions strategy, which in all likelihood hurts them more than anything.

They automatically admit all these people within 10 days, most of whom are unlikely to attend. The people they should be targeting don't get PT, wait 5 months for a decision and then get waitlisted. Duke secures 20 people from their priority track acceptances and then has to go hunt down 180 people from their waitlist, most of whom will not attend considering Duke treats all Non PT applicants as if they didn't exist.

Duke is a low T14 who thinks it a T5.



Nicely put


Duke USE TO BE ... and fairly consistently a top 10 school. But seems like NU took them out!


For one year.

Trust me, NU will be back at 12 or 13 where it belongs soon enough. :P

User avatar
soul_echoes
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby soul_echoes » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 am

OcanadaO wrote:
ben1185 wrote:Straight Ding, 2/13, mail came yesterday to Seattle.

167/3.85 Eng/2 years professional WE...
Complete back in early October...

I'm not sure what Duke is looking for this year...

Edit: I know what they are looking for, and it isn't a 167 LSAT, or even 168 it seems like... good luck with that approach :-p

Oh well, looks like Cornell it is (they were probably going to beat Duke if I got accepted there anyway, so I'm not mad :))


honestly I am hoping Cornell drops out of T14 this year!!


:(

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:14 am

Bosque wrote:
OcanadaO wrote:
Kat86 wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:We'll find out in a few days. I'm assuming since most if not all of us are not PT, Duke has no reason to e-mail us.

I'm expecting a waitlist. I highly doubt I'm going to get outright rejected with a 3.5/172.

Also, all the high GPA 167's/168's are not going to be rejected either, most likely a WL.
Duke has developed an odd admissions strategy, which in all likelihood hurts them more than anything.

They automatically admit all these people within 10 days, most of whom are unlikely to attend. The people they should be targeting don't get PT, wait 5 months for a decision and then get waitlisted. Duke secures 20 people from their priority track acceptances and then has to go hunt down 180 people from their waitlist, most of whom will not attend considering Duke treats all Non PT applicants as if they didn't exist.

Duke is a low T14 who thinks it a T5.



Nicely put


Duke USE TO BE ... and fairly consistently a top 10 school. But seems like NU took them out!


For one year.

Trust me, NU will be back at 12 or 13 where it belongs soon enough. :P


actually in the past 5 years NU has been in the top 10 3 times.

User avatar
OcanadaO
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby OcanadaO » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 am

soul_echoes wrote:
OcanadaO wrote:
ben1185 wrote:Straight Ding, 2/13, mail came yesterday to Seattle.

167/3.85 Eng/2 years professional WE...
Complete back in early October...

I'm not sure what Duke is looking for this year...

Edit: I know what they are looking for, and it isn't a 167 LSAT, or even 168 it seems like... good luck with that approach :-p

Oh well, looks like Cornell it is (they were probably going to beat Duke if I got accepted there anyway, so I'm not mad :))


honestly I am hoping Cornell drops out of T14 this year!!


:(



yeah I m sorry I am def a Cornell basher =(.

User avatar
TopCat
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:41 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby TopCat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 am

ben1185 wrote:Straight Ding, 2/13, mail came yesterday to Seattle.

167/3.85 Eng/2 years professional WE...
Complete back in early October...

I'm not sure what Duke is looking for this year...

Edit: I know what they are looking for, and it isn't a 167 LSAT, or even 168 it seems like... good luck with that approach :-p

Oh well, looks like Cornell it is (they were probably going to beat Duke if I got accepted there anyway, so I'm not mad :))


Wow. My 2/17 decision probably isn't a WL then, given my numbers. Anyway, GL to all. And sorry about the ding, ben1185.

hoosier1508
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby hoosier1508 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:00 am

Bosque wrote:
OcanadaO wrote:
Kat86 wrote:
hoosier1508 wrote:We'll find out in a few days. I'm assuming since most if not all of us are not PT, Duke has no reason to e-mail us.

I'm expecting a waitlist. I highly doubt I'm going to get outright rejected with a 3.5/172.

Also, all the high GPA 167's/168's are not going to be rejected either, most likely a WL.
Duke has developed an odd admissions strategy, which in all likelihood hurts them more than anything.

They automatically admit all these people within 10 days, most of whom are unlikely to attend. The people they should be targeting don't get PT, wait 5 months for a decision and then get waitlisted. Duke secures 20 people from their priority track acceptances and then has to go hunt down 180 people from their waitlist, most of whom will not attend considering Duke treats all Non PT applicants as if they didn't exist.

Duke is a low T14 who thinks it a T5.



Nicely put


Duke USE TO BE ... and fairly consistently a top 10 school. But seems like NU took them out!


For one year.

Trust me, NU will be back at 12 or 13 where it belongs soon enough. :P


Doubtful. NU>Duke. Northwestern is on the rise whereas it's clear Duke is falling.

User avatar
thesouthside
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby thesouthside » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am

OcanadaO wrote:
ben1185 wrote:Straight Ding, 2/13, mail came yesterday to Seattle.

167/3.85 Eng/2 years professional WE...
Complete back in early October...

I'm not sure what Duke is looking for this year...

Edit: I know what they are looking for, and it isn't a 167 LSAT, or even 168 it seems like... good luck with that approach :-p

Oh well, looks like Cornell it is (they were probably going to beat Duke if I got accepted there anyway, so I'm not mad :))


honestly I am hoping Cornell drops out of T14 this year!!


BLASPHEMY! 8)

secondshiaprince
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby secondshiaprince » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 am

Rejection in mail yesterday (167/3.58). Not surprising but it places well in NYC so, that's unfortunate.

User avatar
thesouthside
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby thesouthside » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 am

secondshiaprince wrote:Rejection in mail yesterday (167/3.58). Not surprising but it places well in NYC so, that's unfortunate.


What was your decision date? I should be joining you shortly....... :(

secondshiaprince
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby secondshiaprince » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:45 am

thesouthside wrote:
secondshiaprince wrote:Rejection in mail yesterday (167/3.58). Not surprising but it places well in NYC so, that's unfortunate.


What was your decision date? I should be joining you shortly....... :(


13th, if I remember correctly... but it was only updated on the 16th and got physical copy on the 18th.

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 am

Are all of us in the 2/13 and 2/17 decision batches rejections??

User avatar
thesouthside
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby thesouthside » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:52 am

IzziesGal wrote:Are all of us in the 2/13 and 2/17 decision batches rejections??


I think there are wl in the 2/17 batch but probably some rejections also. We will know tomorrow :shock:

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby napolnic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 am

I've just changed to "Your file is under review". Hell if I know what that means.

Seriously Duke, you used to be my number one. Now you're quickly finding yourself on a precipice of mediocrity.

loro-rojo
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby loro-rojo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

Anyone in the 2/17 batch receive the "Welcome to Duke Law" email?

law2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby law2012 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

Did you receive that email?

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:17 am

law2012 wrote:Did you receive that email?


I'd also like to know if you received it, as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finickywalrus, Google [Bot], hoy456, Imago Loop, Photomike2, tlee13, xnsch and 16 guests