decision at duke

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teedy
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 am

decision at duke

Postby teedy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:59 pm

went to decision today, hoping its a WL.

cnola
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby cnola » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:06 pm

when did you go complete?

User avatar
aaa111
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby aaa111 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:11 pm

whyyyy does Duke take 2-3 weeks to receive your LSAC report? Sent on 2/4 and still have not gone complete

User avatar
ben1185
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby ben1185 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Finally went to decision on 2/13...

Haven't really been following Duke's process, do they email if you're in, and no email = WL or Rejection?

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby dresden doll » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 pm

And I'm still at the 'decision has not been rendered' status. Updated today, too. I wonder sometimes whether Duke has forgotten about my app altogether.

Teedy, I thought you applied back in September? Good luck. I have a bad feeling about the round of decisions regarding the 2/13 batch for some reason, but I hope I'm wrong. FWIW, I'm sure any news I get won't be pretty. I've been complete since 11/07. If they liked me, they would've accepted me by now.

JJim1919
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby JJim1919 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

dresden doll wrote:And I'm still at the 'decision has not been rendered' status. Updated today, too. I wonder sometimes whether Duke has forgotten about my app altogether.

Teedy, I thought you applied back in September? Good luck. I have a bad feeling about the round of decisions regarding the 2/13 batch for some reason, but I hope I'm wrong. FWIW, I'm sure any news I get won't be pretty. I've been complete since 11/07. If they liked me, they would've accepted me by now.


You have a strog app, plus if I remember correctly you retook in feb. So for you, you really want them to wl so you can get in with that high feb score!!

Anyway, duke hasnt rejected anyone yet (according to lsn), so they should be coming soon. Mine will probably be included in it. It will be a bloodbath...:(

teedy
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby teedy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Thanks Dresden, although I think you are right and I have a bad feeling too, I hope you are wrong haha. I applied in Sept, went complete in Oct. Will post on here when I get the final word.

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby rainmaker614 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 pm

ahhh I just seen this:

A decision was made on Feb 13, 2009. You will be notified soon.

It also says it was updated on the 16th, but it wasn't. My status checker was just update today? Is this normal?

User avatar
IceAero
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby IceAero » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 pm

aaa111 wrote:whyyyy does Duke take 2-3 weeks to receive your LSAC report? Sent on 2/4 and still have not gone complete


Mine was sent on 12/28 and I'm not complete either :)

I called and they said 'eh...we dunno, how about you email us?'

User avatar
h2ho
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby h2ho » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm

FWIW I sent mid January, went complete days later, and have been under reveiw since Jan 28th. :roll:

jdn012
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby jdn012 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:49 pm

IceAero wrote:
aaa111 wrote:whyyyy does Duke take 2-3 weeks to receive your LSAC report? Sent on 2/4 and still have not gone complete


Mine was sent on 12/28 and I'm not complete either :)

I called and they said 'eh...we dunno, how about you email us?'


I sent my app in late Dec. and went complete in mid-Jan. Schools are weird in how they do things.

steindle
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby steindle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Not to add more fuel to the pityfire, but I went to Decision 2/13 as well and I am pretty far out of range this cycle. Expecting a rejection.

User avatar
bongothebunny
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby bongothebunny » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:52 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:ahhh I just seen this:

A decision was made on Feb 13, 2009. You will be notified soon.

It also says it was updated on the 16th, but it wasn't. My status checker was just update today? Is this normal?


Same for me... I'm pretty sure mine was just updated today with the Feb. 13 date. I checked earlier this weekend and it wasn't there.

And... expecting a rejection.
Last edited by bongothebunny on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

microoli
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby microoli » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I too went to decision, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be rejected, so I would say that this does not bode well at all for people who have been under review for a while and have heard nothing. Plus, this is just about the time when they started mailing out rejections last year, according to LSN.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby dresden doll » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 pm

JJim1919 wrote:
dresden doll wrote:And I'm still at the 'decision has not been rendered' status. Updated today, too. I wonder sometimes whether Duke has forgotten about my app altogether.

Teedy, I thought you applied back in September? Good luck. I have a bad feeling about the round of decisions regarding the 2/13 batch for some reason, but I hope I'm wrong. FWIW, I'm sure any news I get won't be pretty. I've been complete since 11/07. If they liked me, they would've accepted me by now.


You have a strog app, plus if I remember correctly you retook in feb. So for you, you really want them to wl so you can get in with that high feb score!!

Anyway, duke hasnt rejected anyone yet (according to lsn), so they should be coming soon. Mine will probably be included in it. It will be a bloodbath...:(


Actually, one rejection is up (see: fanfavourite). I concur that a bloodbath is a-coming. They waited awhile this year before handing out rejections but cursory reviews of '07 and '06 cycle definitely show Feb has typically been the 'bad news' month with only a few acceptances sprinkled here and there.

I don't think, however, that I'd appreciate the WL. If anything, I'd be better off if they took no action on me whatsoever until Feb scores are out. Getting the WL means exiting the pool, only to return if Duke has trouble filling out their incoming class (which, interestingly enough, I think might be a fair possibility; the PT program isn't doing them too many favors).

jdn012
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby jdn012 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Also, does anyone know if LSAC's official guide is one year behind in terms of data?

I would assume there is because there is a discrepancy between their data and Duke's data on the the Class of 2011. (unless, of course, LSAC's data is for the Class of 2010).

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby rainmaker614 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:03 pm

dresden doll wrote:
JJim1919 wrote:
dresden doll wrote:And I'm still at the 'decision has not been rendered' status. Updated today, too. I wonder sometimes whether Duke has forgotten about my app altogether.

Teedy, I thought you applied back in September? Good luck. I have a bad feeling about the round of decisions regarding the 2/13 batch for some reason, but I hope I'm wrong. FWIW, I'm sure any news I get won't be pretty. I've been complete since 11/07. If they liked me, they would've accepted me by now.


You have a strog app, plus if I remember correctly you retook in feb. So for you, you really want them to wl so you can get in with that high feb score!!

Anyway, duke hasnt rejected anyone yet (according to lsn), so they should be coming soon. Mine will probably be included in it. It will be a bloodbath...:(


Actually, one rejection is up (see: fanfavourite). I concur that a bloodbath is a-coming. They waited awhile this year before handing out rejections but cursory reviews of '07 and '06 cycle definitely show Feb has typically been the 'bad news' month with only a few acceptances sprinkled here and there.

I don't think, however, that I'd appreciate the WL. If anything, I'd be better off if they took no action on me whatsoever until Feb scores are out. Getting the WL means exiting the pool, only to return if Duke has trouble filling out their incoming class (which, interestingly enough, I think might be a fair possibility; the PT program isn't doing them too many favors).


We all are definitely rejections. Wl's are sent by emails in the AM and so are acceptances (they were sent yesterday). Considering that none of us received emails and LSN shows rejections about now and fanfavourite said his letter "probably came on the 13th" which probably is because he checked his status checker and thats what it said. This was expected.

anastasia
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby anastasia » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Does duke do rejections by mail and acceptances by email? My status went to decision 2/13 as well and I'm concerned its not good news.

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby rainmaker614 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:11 pm

anastasia wrote:Does duke do rejections by mail and acceptances by email? My status went to decision 2/13 as well and I'm concerned its not good news.


Yes. Unfortunately, you'll likely be receiving a rejection. They also do WL's by email too. If we were getting good news we would have already got it via email.

User avatar
h_frog_88
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby h_frog_88 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Add me to the list of 2/13 decision rendered with no email... sonovabit**

anastasia
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby anastasia » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I had the last bit of hope that there are no emails because of the holiday, but I guess it would have been out on Friday when the status changed.

rainmaker614 wrote:
anastasia wrote:Does duke do rejections by mail and acceptances by email? My status went to decision 2/13 as well and I'm concerned its not good news.


Yes. Unfortunately, you'll likely be receiving a rejection. They also do WL's by email too. If we were getting good news we would have already got it via email.

User avatar
ben1185
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby ben1185 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Well if I'm rejected that will really make my Cornell Choice easier!!

And I've pretty much been counting Duke out the last month in planning what to do next year, so no big surprise.

narfkarta
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby narfkarta » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm

.
Last edited by narfkarta on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: decision at duke

Postby dresden doll » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Hmmm...I'm curious about stats/completion dates of people that went to decision on 2/13. Teedy's I think would have warranted at least a WL (if I recall them correctly, of course). I wouldn't think I'd be an outright reject personally, but they sure are taking their time with my app. It's been three and a half months since I went complete and they seem to have taken no action on it whatsoever.

Also, has anyone noticed the incredibly high number of acceptances reported on LSN? One almost hopes that LSN does comprise the data on all Duke applicants because the amount of admission offers extended that the site reflects would be more than sufficient to fill out their 200 people class, even when withdrawals are factored in. They really did hand out that PT offer to many people.

narfkarta
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: decision at duke

Postby narfkarta » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

.
Last edited by narfkarta on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, aaron1621, anrf1225, AustinLu, AZnative, Bing [Bot], BrainsyK, canafsa, carasrook, sonyco, Torres1893, xn3345 and 14 guests