In at UC Hastings!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
deadatheist
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby deadatheist » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

hahaha "it" = your fiance (see bold above). just in case it is intersex maybe, didn't want to box in with a he/she pronoun?

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?

btrflykss12
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby btrflykss12 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 pm

swheat wrote:
btrflykss12 wrote:Middle class. Dean's Scholarship for $10,000 and Hastings' Scholarship for $8500. Think I'll have to withdraw. Even with this money, I'd be taking out at least $40,000/year in loans.

Good luck to everyone else!


The 8500 is a scholarship, not a grant?


Sorry - the $8500 is a grant, not a scholarship.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:49 pm

mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?


Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 am

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?


Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.


Didn't know that was an TLS user. This is him:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Wookiee

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:47 am

mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?


Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.


Didn't know that was an TLS user. This is him:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Wookiee


Wow congrats to your SO! That is an impressive cycle. Looks like you guys will have some great options together.

uncle mike
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby uncle mike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 am

Complete since 11/11 and no word yet.

When are first deposits due?

User avatar
misteranthro
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby misteranthro » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:21 am

uncle mike wrote:Complete since 11/11 and no word yet.

When are first deposits due?


May 1st. Only one deposit total, too. $500.

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:07 pm

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?


Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.


Didn't know that was an TLS user. This is him:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Wookiee


Wow congrats to your SO! That is an impressive cycle. Looks like you guys will have some great options together.


I know he has done so well! I can't complain though. Being a huge reverse splitter, I am quite happy so far. I was so nervous going in all of this (with my LSAT), but I am slowly getting in to a lot of his schools so applying together worked out quite well. I didn't want to be holding him back; however, in college I was the better student so he was always content going together. I guess you figured out that this is me:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:52 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.


Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm

swheat wrote:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.


Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...


I think Arizona (as in ASU), but would like answers from the two UC's. I am from AZ; he isn't but he will get resident tuition since we will be married which will be great. I don't love the heat but at least it isn't humid. I don't know how you do it in the South. A week of visiting family in Louisiana in summer and I wanted to die!

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.


Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...


I think Arizona (as in ASU), but would like answers from the two UC's. I am from AZ; he isn't but he will get resident tuition since we will be married which will be great. I don't love the heat but at least it isn't humid. I don't know how you do it in the South. A week of visiting family in Louisiana in summer and I wanted to die!


I know, right? I went back to MS for christmas last year and it was 75 degrees and muggy. I couldn't breathe...

Which part of Louisiana? My family is from the Baton Rouge area.

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:33 pm

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.


Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...


I think Arizona (as in ASU), but would like answers from the two UC's. I am from AZ; he isn't but he will get resident tuition since we will be married which will be great. I don't love the heat but at least it isn't humid. I don't know how you do it in the South. A week of visiting family in Louisiana in summer and I wanted to die!


I know, right? I went back to MS for christmas last year and it was 75 degrees and muggy. I couldn't breathe...

Which part of Louisiana? My family is from the Baton Rouge area.


The feeling of suffocation makes me realize why people come to California and even Arizona.
So is mine, small world!

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Don't say Denham Springs...that would be too weird

mposner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Nope, actual Baton Rouge, but that is still so crazy!

goober
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Is anyone else still waiting for a response from Hastings?? I sent my app in 2/4 or so ... I haven't heard anything from them since going complete! I'm guessing that the silence isn't so promising, but still ...

Did people find out about acceptances, etc., via email or what? I live in Japan, so I have to consider it's going to take a little longer to find out if it's all snail mail notifications.

Thanks!

popozao
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby popozao » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 pm

complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

and I am LEOP. good luck.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 pm

popozao wrote:complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

and I am LEOP. good luck.


From another LEOP applicant... congrats!

goober
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 pm

popozao wrote:complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

and I am LEOP. good luck.


Congrats, and thanks! Sorry for being so pesky, but how were you notified?

goober
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Also, is your SN (popozao) a reference to a K-Fed song??! hahaha

User avatar
Lior
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:29 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby Lior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 am

emergencybarbie wrote:I'm sorry there are so many of us in waiting hell right now but I'm kind of glad to know I'm not the only one. I was starting to feel like my app had fallen behind someone's desk and been forgotten.


Yeah, the decision wait is isolating these days since many people have already heard back.

& no status checker means I have embarrassing thoughts like: I wonder if Hastings knew I existed initially, but forgot later on; or, maybe my application blew out the window and is now cradled in the warm embrace of the Tenderloin.

goober
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby goober » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:49 am

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if my application magically disappeared, too. (Though I never considered the possibility of it ending up in some meat product!) But it seems like there are still a few of us stragglers out there ... best of luck to you! I hope the wait will be over for us all soon!

Please update when it is :) Thanks in advance!!

User avatar
Lior
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:29 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby Lior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm

goober wrote:Yeah, I sometimes wonder if my application magically disappeared, too. (Though I never considered the possibility of it ending up in some meat product!) But it seems like there are still a few of us stragglers out there ... best of luck to you! I hope the wait will be over for us all soon!

Please update when it is :) Thanks in advance!!


Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm away from home, but my roommate has strict instructions to go through my mail for anything Hastings. I'll update if I hear anything, and good luck to everyone else!

uncle mike
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby uncle mike » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Rejected 164/3.2/OOS/non-URM.

Fully expected.

goober
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:47 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby goober » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 pm

uncle mike wrote:Rejected 164/3.2/OOS/non-URM.

Fully expected.



Sorry to hear that :( Looks like my rejection is probably on its way ... (as I have a slightly lower LSAT and higher GPA, which seems to mean little these days)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocozhang9950, finaciardi, rikkebukh and 7 guests