In at UC Hastings!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
General Tso

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Postby General Tso » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:30 am

Financial aid news, anyone?

macguy4242

Postby macguy4242 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:01 pm

is anyone still waiting to hear? complete since 11/10 and have heard nothing from then since.

should i call?

artp

Postby artp » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 pm

haven't heard anything re financial aid, but if you go to financial aid website and click on "Your Award Letter" even though it doesn't look like a link, it will ask you to create a log-in, and if they complete your aid package, it will probably be on that site before they notify you via mail/e-mail. Just a guess here.

anastasia

Postby anastasia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Called the financial aid office to double check on my file..they said end of this month beggining of next

gamecock

Postby gamecock » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:23 pm

artp wrote:haven't heard anything re financial aid, but if you go to financial aid website and click on "Your Award Letter" even though it doesn't look like a link, it will ask you to create a log-in, and if they complete your aid package, it will probably be on that site before they notify you via mail/e-mail. Just a guess here.

Where is this hidden link you speak of?

artp

Postby artp » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 pm

The link is on the main financial aid website, but here's the direct link to your electronic award letter:

--LinkRemoved--

after you log in and you get this message "We were unable to locate your information. Please contact YEA Support at 1.877.477.7537" I'm guessing your award info is not up yet.

Let me know if it works...

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:48 pm

The link didnt work.

ReachingHigh09

Postby ReachingHigh09 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:51 pm

macguy4242 wrote:is anyone still waiting to hear? complete since 11/10 and have heard nothing from then since.

should i call?

I am in your boat and I called....the queen that answered the phone was VERY snappy....

btrflykss12

Postby btrflykss12 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 pm

swheat wrote:The link didnt work.

--LinkRemoved--

Go here. Click on "Your Award." Register. Log in.

Nothing yet for me, better luck for you all!

misteranthro

Postby misteranthro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Is anybody going to be at the April 4th Admitted Students Day? I just booked my ticket today.

emergencybarbie

Postby emergencybarbie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:37 pm

ReachingHigh09 wrote:
macguy4242 wrote:is anyone still waiting to hear? complete since 11/10 and have heard nothing from then since.

should i call?

I am in your boat and I called....the queen that answered the phone was VERY snappy....

I'm with you guys too and complete around the same time. What did she say?

beckysoc24

Postby beckysoc24 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:41 pm

misteranthro wrote:Is anybody going to be at the April 4th Admitted Students Day? I just booked my ticket today.

I'll be there.

deadatheist

Postby deadatheist » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey, to those still awaiting a decision, or even those of you who have received your decisions: have you received an email saying that your application is under review? I heard some other people saying they did, but I didn't think Hastings did that.

Ah, I'm just anxious. Anyone want to place a bet on the latest one of us still pending will hear from Hastings in an attempt to make this long ass process a little more interesting?

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:50 pm

deadatheist wrote:Hey, to those still awaiting a decision, or even those of you who have received your decisions: have you received an email saying that your application is under review? I heard some other people saying they did, but I didn't think Hastings did that.

Ah, I'm just anxious. Anyone want to place a bet on the latest one of us still pending will hear from Hastings in an attempt to make this long ass process a little more interesting?

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for applying to the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
We have received your LSDAS report, making your application complete and ready to review.

Please note that we make every effort to review files in a timely manner, however, it may take weeks before the Admission Committee is able to evaluate your application. We kindly ask that you not contact the Admissions Office to ascertain the status of your application, as this will only serve to slow the process down. All other inquiries are welcome.

The Admissions Office will use e-mail as the primary method of communicating with you. Please be sure your e-mail account is set to receive e-mail from uchastings.edu.

Thank you again for applying to UC Hastings.

All the best,

Greg Canada,
Director of Admissions

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:51 pm

^^^^

I believe this email signals that your app is under evaluation. I was accepted about 2 weeks after I received this email.

deadatheist

Postby deadatheist » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm

Grac. Ya, i got that email over 4 months ago... viva borderline limbo. :)

socalgirl818

Postby socalgirl818 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 pm

I got that email a few months ago too. So much for "Please note that we make every effort to review files in a timely manner, however, it may take weeks before the Admission Committee is able to evaluate your application."

vsthora

Postby vsthora » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:12 pm

socalgirl818 wrote:I got that email a few months ago too. So much for "Please note that we make every effort to review files in a timely manner, however, it may take weeks before the Admission Committee is able to evaluate your application."

+1

deadatheist

Postby deadatheist » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm

anyone think there will be some of us waiting until mid-May for a decision?

gamecock

Postby gamecock » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Anyone received aid info yet? I thought last Friday/this Monday they sent out packages? 2 weeks came and went 2 weeks ago.

dlm2100

Postby dlm2100 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:33 pm

They've sent out some dean scholarships (e-mail last Friday & letter yesterday)...nothing else. I called as well a few days ago. The lady asked if I was entering or continuing, I said entering...she said they're doing their best to get them out by April 1st. Not too much longer it seems. They told me by the end of March at the ASD...I want some of that grant money.

misteranthro

Postby misteranthro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm

beckysoc24 wrote:
misteranthro wrote:Is anybody going to be at the April 4th Admitted Students Day? I just booked my ticket today.

I'll be there.

Sweet. Are you by any chance in the LEOP program? I am trying to gauge how to feel about being accepted into it. If I end up choosing Hastings, it looks like LEOP'ers have to start class a full week early!

anastasia

Postby anastasia » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

misteranthro wrote:
beckysoc24 wrote:

I'll be there.

Sweet. Are you by any chance in the LEOP program? I am trying to gauge how to feel about being accepted into it. If I end up choosing Hastings, it looks like LEOP'ers have to start class a full week early!

A friend of mine is in the program and is a 1L now. She says its actually a lot of help to her.

beckysoc24

Postby beckysoc24 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm not LEOP. It does seem like it would be helpful, from the very few things I know about it.

misteranthro

Postby misteranthro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:19 pm

anastasia wrote:
A friend of mine is in the program and is a 1L now. She says its actually a lot of help to her.

I have never been someone who used tutoring much, so it would definitely be a new experience to have it required. On the other hand, until I took the LSAT I never tasted real academic defeat either. I guess I should be thankful they let me in either way. I hope people don't look down upon the LEOP students though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”