In at UC Hastings!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tbx59

New

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by tbx59 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:24 pm

LACatholic wrote:In today (letter dated 1/22). I went complete back in mid November but they don't start reviewing apps until Jan so I didn't expect to hear back until March. I talked to the admissions ppl earlier this week and they told me not to expect anything until March so I'm happy to have heard so early :) For those that are curious, I'm 158/3.56
I'm guessing URM

TPO

New

Post by TPO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Hmm...

https://webadvisor.uchastings.edu

Those who were admitted/rejected/waitlisted/etc--when you click on "I'm New to Webadvisor" and enter your Name/SSN, what error message do you get? Up until friday when I put in my name and SSN, I got "we could not identify you based on the data you supplied." Today I put this info in and I get "you are not registered for webadvisor. please contact your system administrator." But now at the bottom it filled in my hastings ID--which I didn't have in this box before. I found out about my admission to some colleges way back by trying to log into their student system, and it was pretty reliable so here's hoping.

emilyadi

New

Post by emilyadi » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 pm

I'm waitlisted and got this:

"You are not signed up for WebAdvisor. Contact your system administrator."

TPO

New

Post by TPO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:29 pm

you have the student ID in the field below SSN?

emilyadi

New

Post by emilyadi » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Yeah, it filled in an ID number for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jawsome

New

Post by jawsome » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 am

emilyadi wrote:I'm waitlisted and got this:

"You are not signed up for WebAdvisor. Contact your system administrator."
I'm admitted and I got that too. Hmm.

TPO

New

Post by TPO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:50 am

Emily, did you get waitlisted by email or by letter?

emilyadi

New

Post by emilyadi » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm

I got waitlisted by email, haven't received anything.

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 pm

i don't think the webadvisor supplying a hastings id means anything. i know i am going to be rejected, and it filled out the id box.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tseliot

New

Post by tseliot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Yeah, it's weird. When I put in my SSN and last name, I get a Hastings ID filled in as well...

Haven't heard anything from them yet, but I'd assume this is a WL or Acceptance? I'd figure that they wouldn't assign a Hastings ID for a rejection...or maybe they do, for filing purposes or something.

BUMP. I'm curious too if anyone knows about this...

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:27 pm

tseliot wrote:Yeah, it's weird. When I put in my SSN and last name, I get a Hastings ID filled in as well...

Haven't heard anything from them yet, but I'd assume this is a WL or Acceptance? I'd figure that they wouldn't assign a Hastings ID for a rejection...or maybe they do, for filing purposes or something.

I went complete on 2/2 and I got the Hastings ID when I tried. I am sure they haven't reviewed my file so I am pretty sure this is meaningless.

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:28 pm

tseliot wrote:Yeah, it's weird. When I put in my SSN and last name, I get a Hastings ID filled in as well...

Two weeks ago we were all given access to UC Davis' admitted student website and we learned that was a mistake. I would say this means nothing as we all are given an ID.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:50 pm

swheat wrote:

I went complete on 2/2 and I got the Hastings ID when I tried. I am sure they haven't reviewed my file so I am pretty sure this is meaningless.

I just noticed that Loyola gives out ID numbers to applicants as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TPO

New

Post by TPO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Hmm, too bad. I went complete around 1/15 and the ID wasn't there for a few weeks--oh well, the excitement was nice while it lasted. It just seems weird that they would assign Hastings IDs to all applicants, they could easily sort and identify them by SSN, or LSAC# for that matter...

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 pm

TPO wrote:Hmm, too bad. I went complete around 1/15 and the ID wasn't there for a few weeks--oh well, the excitement was nice while it lasted. It just seems weird that they would assign Hastings IDs to all applicants, they could easily sort and identify them by SSN, or LSAC# for that matter...

My guess is that their system is just set up to automatically generate a random ID number when you are added to the system. Hastings is a pretty small school and there are millions of random number combinations so its not like they are handing out something finite. It probably just smooths the transition from applicant to accepted student to current student in their databases.

jgerber9

New

Post by jgerber9 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm

tbx59 wrote:
LACatholic wrote:In today (letter dated 1/22). I went complete back in mid November but they don't start reviewing apps until Jan so I didn't expect to hear back until March. I talked to the admissions ppl earlier this week and they told me not to expect anything until March so I'm happy to have heard so early :) For those that are curious, I'm 158/3.56
I'm guessing URM
Hmmm. I thought my 156/3.83 had no shot...but now I feel I have a better chance than I gave myself credit for. Congrats on the acceptance!

Lizface killah

Bronze

Post by Lizface killah » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:01 pm

First Acceptance! I'm going to law school!

Applied 1/8/09

167, 3.8 and then some.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

muddywaters

Bronze

Post by muddywaters » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Lizface killah wrote:First Acceptance! I'm going to law school!

Applied 1/8/09

167, 3.8 and then some.
great! have fun at cornell, though!

readereader

New

Post by readereader » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Can people share what their timeline was? When your app was submitted, when you went complete, how long it took for a decision, and whether you got that in the mail or by email? I just went complete on 2/6, but I just want get a general sense. It looks like if you call, they just say March. I'm 164/3.4, non-trad (undergrad class of 2002, teacher for 5 years, current legal secretary), best writer you ever met, but no peace corps, trust fund, charitable work, awards, or anything else in the way of being remarkable. Hastings is my first choice.

dlm2100

New

Post by dlm2100 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:43 pm

readereader wrote:Can people share what their timeline was? When your app was submitted, when you went complete, how long it took for a decision, and whether you got that in the mail or by email? I just went complete on 2/6, but I just want get a general sense. It looks like if you call, they just say March. I'm 164/3.4, non-trad (undergrad class of 2002, teacher for 5 years, current legal secretary), best writer you ever met, but no peace corps, trust fund, charitable work, awards, or anything else in the way of being remarkable. Hastings is my first choice.
http://hastings.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... order=desc

edit: mine came by mail...rather small envelope.

ChrisCiolko

New

Post by ChrisCiolko » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Hastings was really quick for me. I applied online on 1/2, went complete around 1/7 and got accepted 2/2 via email. I was a little surprised because I'm really not over their medians.
164/3.5

I'm sorta stuck trying to decide between U of Houston on the cheap (in state, low sticker, possible $$) or Hastings (high COL, higher tuition, less chance of $)

Texas could still come through and save the day...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pcsean28

New

Post by pcsean28 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:19 am

In! Got the letter yesterday (snail mail), applied like 1/10 or something. First response! Good start to the cycle!

(3.36/170)

1swift

New

Post by 1swift » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:38 am

hastings is quick..though I was instant rejected i'm quite sure they didnt even review my app

it was nice to get a letter from anyone though...waiting is killing me...ive been complete everywhere for just under a month now so I know i havent waited nearly as long as most

btrflykss12

New

Post by btrflykss12 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

I went complete on Dec 11 and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone in the same boat?

Stats: 3.6, 167

bongothebunny

New

Post by bongothebunny » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:30 am

btrflykss12 wrote:I went complete on Dec 11 and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone in the same boat?

Stats: 3.6, 167
I went complete in early November and I haven't heard yet either. 165/3.88. I really hope to hear soon, because if I get accepted, I'd like the chance to go to an ASD... and I live on the east coast so I'd have to get plane tickets more than a few days in advance!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”