In at UC Irvine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Machiavellian

New

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Machiavellian » Sun May 03, 2009 4:59 am

aquarium_drinker wrote:Rejected.

October applicant, 165/3.6
Honestly, it seems they are turning down peeps who would likely turn them down.

Machiavellian

New

Post by Machiavellian » Sun May 03, 2009 5:05 am

PublicLaw wrote:Out.

So. Cal, URM 166/3.77 (Degree=3.89) Applied 2/27 with a February LSAT. Same letter as everyone else here!

This thread is going to turn into "Out at UCI" At least I can finally move on, next year I'll apply at T14. 8)

Hope UCI turns out wonderfully for those of you attending!
Hmm, it looks as if there is a pattern here...

unimaginative

New

Post by unimaginative » Mon May 04, 2009 12:22 pm

i was also waitlisted back in early april. i mailed my application on jan. 29th.

Bigmike

New

Post by Bigmike » Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 am

gcalvin wrote: Looks like anybody on the waitlist is out, since they already have something like 68 accepted and committed, and they were only planning a class of 60 or 61.

Why the @#$% are you people foolish enough to attend a school that will be unaccredited when you graduate??????? Look up the accreditation process on the ABA website. It takes most schools 5 to 7 years before they receive their full accreditation, and even with the high power UC name, Irvine will be lucky and extraordinary to receive it before then. If you have accepted the offer and made the seat deposit, PLEASE SERIOUSLY LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO! Why do you think they are paying you to come there????? Because, when you graduate you will not have graduated from an accredited program. As of April, when I visited, they did not even have their first year curriculum developed and scheduled...THAT IS F@#$%^& SCARY! A group of the supposedly most influential people in law should be able to work out a curriculum within a few months of being together, they have been together for a year already! The administration is living out of boxes and the technology for the classrooms (all four of them) will probably not even be working by August. AND..........What if Chem DIES? He is old and out of shape and could have a heart attack any minute! THEN WHAT? Everyone who got in has the scores to go to much better schools...SO GO!!!!! And get paid the way you deserve when you graduate from a tier 1 school.
Sincerely,
A friend who woke up and took a better offer.

Emmalemma

New

Post by Emmalemma » Wed May 19, 2010 5:21 pm

oh my goddd, I am sick of hearing trash talk on UCI law becuase I have no idea where its coming from. Their median GPA is 3.65, and their median LSAT is 167, and NO it did not drop when the second class wasn't offered a full ride AND the class size increased.Wanna compare that to some other law schools?

USC GPA 3.60, LSAT 167
Cornell GPA 3.67, LSAT 167
Boston University GPA 3.77, LSAT 166
Notre Dame GPA 3.6 LSAT 166

Number don't lie. UCI's a top 20, no doubt. ABA can't *promise* accreditation, but realistically, UCI has pretty much already been guaranteed.
I think the people that are criticizing UCI and comparing it to 2nd tier schools probably only got into 2nd tier schools and are just bitter. UCI's faculty comes from the top schools in the country- schools you probably didnt even get into- so i suggest you stop whining and just get the best education you can at whatever school you DID get into.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Wed May 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Nice Job Emma. Now try to find a thread that isnt a year old.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed May 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Nice Job Emma. Now try to find a thread that isnt a year old.
Awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”