In at UC Irvine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Gold

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Veritas » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm

kak23 wrote:I just want them to acknowledge receipt of the package I overnighted to them last week. I sent them my application package and still no request for my report. :evil:
it took about four weeks for them to acknowledge mine.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Jwatson wrote:
crib wrote:
Jwatson wrote:It seems that they will be making all the admission calls this week.
Now what does that mean? And why do you say that?

Heard from a few folks that go there.
I think their numbers will end up being 165-170. This is all pretty interesting to me. Though I would not take Irvine over any of the top 60.
Oh please! NO ONE goes there yet. :lol:

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
crib wrote:
Jwatson wrote:It seems that they will be making all the admission calls this week.

Heard from a few folks that go there.
I think their numbers will end up being 165-170. This is all pretty interesting to me. Though I would not take Irvine over any of the top 60.
Oh please! NO ONE goes there yet. :lol:
There= UC Irvine.

Amplified

New

Post by Amplified » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:27 pm

First year numbers won't matter for Irvine, we'll see what happens when they need to fill a 200+ person class without giving everyone a full ride. They won't be ranked after this class anyways.

Bhpreppy

New

Post by Bhpreppy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 pm

*Anxiously checks phone again to see if this damned school has called*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Amplified wrote:First year numbers won't matter for Irvine, we'll see what happens when they need to fill a 200+ person class without giving everyone a full ride. They won't be ranked after this class anyways.

Right, but that doesn't stop them from getting 165-170 as their 25/75 percentiles. They will need high numbers to attract further high numbers applicants in later classes.

joonix

New

Post by joonix » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:00 pm

They will end up sending more admits later if they are only doing 165-170. There is no way they're gonna fill up 60 seats in that range only.

crib

New

Post by crib » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:03 pm

joonix wrote:They will end up sending more admits later if they are only doing 165-170. There is no way they're gonna fill up 60 seats in that range only.
+1

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:04 pm

joonix wrote:They will end up sending more admits later if they are only doing 165-170. There is no way they're gonna fill up 60 seats in that range only.
I don't think they would have to. They just need to establish a solid 25-75 percentiles then they can admit candidates with sub-par LSAT scores. I wouldn't be surprised if they did in fact fill 60 seats with those numbers, but rather would they be able to keep those numbers for next year and beyond (without $$$).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Hmm... 15 students below 165 maybe... 15 students above 170 most likely NOT. Even UCLA can't pull that off. A 163-166 range seems more reasonable.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:07 pm

NoamChomsky wrote:
Hmm... 15 students below 165 maybe... 15 students above 170 most likely NOT. Even UCLA can't pull that off. A 163-166 range seems more reasonable.

UCLA doesn't offer full $$ to ALL members of its class. 165-170 is possible this year, but if they don't keep the full ride $$$ offers (which I am sure they won't because the dean drained out all of his sources this year for a full class of full rides) for future years, I doubt they will stay at 165-170.

Keep in mind of the URMs they also will admit regardless of what the CA law says about affirmative action.
Last edited by Anonymous0L on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:

UCLA doesn't offer full $$ to ALL members of its class. 165-170 is possible this year, but if they don't keep the full ride $$$ offers for future years, I doubt they will stay at 165-170.

Keep in mind of the URMs they also will admit regardless of what the CA law says about affirmative action.
You hate URMs, don't you? :cry:

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:22 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:

UCLA doesn't offer full $$ to ALL members of its class. 165-170 is possible this year, but if they don't keep the full ride $$$ offers for future years, I doubt they will stay at 165-170.

You hate URMs, don't you? :cry:

I love URMs. I am in NYC! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jibstir13

New

Post by jibstir13 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:24 pm

how many admits do you guys think do not post on lsn?

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

jibstir13 wrote:how many admits do you guys think do not post on lsn?

At least 45 admits total so far I would think.

GWU ED: 2 LSN posts= 29 admits.

I would guess around 45 admits for the 4-5 people that are already on LSN. I won't be surprised if they end the week with 55 admits.

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:29 pm

jibstir13 wrote:how many admits do you guys think do not post on lsn?
For established schools I estimate that about 1/5-1/6 of the applicants post on LSN. For a new comer like UCI... I wouldn't be surprised if that ratio was more like 1/15.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yogaeyes

New

Post by yogaeyes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 am

Jwatson wrote:
crib wrote:

Heard from a few folks that go there. I think their numbers will end up being 165-170. This is all pretty interesting to me. Though I would not take Irvine over any of the top 60.

That seems too high... too-oo high. Of course people going to Irvine in whatever capacity will be optimistic about numbers, this is just a little too inflated to be optimistic, even. My projection 162-166 and 3.2-3.7.

Amplified

New

Post by Amplified » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm

3.6/163 medians. I'll go on record with that prediction.

Bhpreppy

New

Post by Bhpreppy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Amplified wrote:3.6/163 medians. I'll go on record with that prediction.

3.4/159

sammyg7

New

Post by sammyg7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Bhpreppy wrote:

3.4/159

Sorry but there there is no way UCI will have a 159 lsat median, I don't understand why no one has faith in UCI, why no one looks at the quality of the UCI undergraduate school or everything else UCI is going to offer ( unprecedented student teacher ratio, distinguished faculty and administration, and the 100,000 scholarship ! )

- Of the California schools I personally would only favor Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, and USC, over UCI ( EVEN WITHOUT THE 100,000 incentive !)

Sorry I just wanted to get that off my chest, I have heard too much trash talking on UCI

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:05 pm

sammyg7 wrote:
Bhpreppy wrote:

3.4/159

Sorry but there there is no way UCI will have a 159 lsat median, I don't understand why no one has faith in UCI, why no one looks at the quality of the UCI undergraduate school or everything else UCI is going to offer ( unprecedented student teacher ratio, distinguished faculty and administration, and the 100,000 scholarship ! )

- Of the California schools I personally would only favor Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, and USC, over UCI ( EVEN WITHOUT THE 100,000 incentive !)

Sorry I just wanted to get that off my chest, I have heard too much trash talking on UCI

They are not discount UCI in any way. I just don't think people want to believe that their median is going to shoot up to 165-170 this year. For one, I believe that UCI is not going to want a "diverse" class this time around but to pull whoever they can to attend from their pool of high numbers applicants.

sammyg7

New

Post by sammyg7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Jwatson wrote:
sammyg7 wrote:
Bhpreppy wrote:

3.4/159

They are not discount UCI in any way. I just don't think people want to believe that their median is going to shoot up to 165-170 this year. For one, I believe that UCI is not going to want a "diverse" class this time around but to pull whoever they can to attend from their pool of high numbers applicants.
I don't think they will randomly have higher numbers then a school like UCLA or Berkeley but still I just think a 159 is outrageous. I must admit though that I am a little biased ( I grew up in Irvine ). But i guess we'll just have to wait and see what their numbers look like Im predicting 164 ish

goansongo

New

Post by goansongo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 am

It's easy to see the Irvine will get some competitive numbers this year because of the money they're giving way. Sure, it's possible that they'll pull in 165+ candidates as the median for this year, but I HIGHLY doubt that this trend will continue next year and the following years, especially without the fullrides. Plus, Irvine won't be ranked for at least two more cycles. Let's not forget that a lot of these people admitted so far have super high numbers and it'll be hard for them to turn down UCLA/Berkeley.

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:38 pm

If schools send out more acceptances than they have seats for, what happens?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”