In at UC Irvine Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PublicLaw

New

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by PublicLaw » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:34 pm

scantronix wrote:Aw you quoted me before my edit.

Anyway Dean Ortiz said that the deadline to submit intent to register is April 15th, but I don't know if they are waiting for that to admit more students or not. I *think* she mentioned that she got a new admit the day before the luncheon - I may be wrong, or she may be referring to a new confirmation vs. a new admit, I dunno. Not sure if they are doing an admissions freeze right now. She definitely said that the application deadline is being strictly enforced.
Sorry, didn't mean late as in after the application deadline, just late in the cycle. I didn't apply until February 27th. With my numbers I'm sure I would have gotten in if I had applied back in Oct/Nov but I didn't even know about it at that point. Now it's going to depend on how many spots stay open. I appreciate the info from the luncheon, it's nice to hear what's going on since I haven't heard anything from the school!

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:47 pm

scantronix wrote:Aw you quoted me before my edit.

Anyway Dean Ortiz said that the deadline to submit intent to register is April 15th, but I don't know if they are waiting for that to admit more students or not. I *think* she mentioned that she got a new admit the day before the luncheon - I may be wrong, or she may be referring to a new confirmation vs. a new admit, I dunno. Not sure if they are doing an admissions freeze right now. So I don't know why I bothered posting any of this. She definitely said that the application deadline is being strictly enforced.
I went by the office on the 2nd (deadline I believe) and saw the front desk SWAMPED with envelopes... Yea I can see why the deadline is strictly enforced.

calapp09

New

Post by calapp09 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 am

jadedV wrote:Have they accepted any "traditional" applicants? You know, those of us that are still in undergrad, graduating in May?
I have been accepted and am graduating in May... age 21, no work experience, etc.

PublicLaw

New

Post by PublicLaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 pm

*crickets*

What's the deal UCI?
Are they going to make all of us late applicants wait until after April 15th?

*sigh*

jadedV

New

Post by jadedV » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Yes, actually. I was told that decisions will be sent out around late April/early May. I've stopped expecting much from them... but you may want to call yourself and see what they say. Best wishes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PublicLaw

New

Post by PublicLaw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 am

jadedV wrote:Yes, actually. I was told that decisions will be sent out around late April/early May. I've stopped expecting much from them... but you may want to call yourself and see what they say. Best wishes.
Thank you, that's helpful. I knew that deep down, since I know they're shooting for 60 and don't know what type of yield to expect. I just needed to hear it from someone else so I could let it go.

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 am

They only have a certain number of scholarships to give out, so I'm sure they're gonna be very careful in accepting more students (if any).

I wouldn't lose all hope, but it is kind of a long shot

gyita

New

Post by gyita » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 am

Does anyone have an updated number regarding the number of people who have already accepted? The last I heard is 21 of 60 slots filled...

madisonian

New

Post by madisonian » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Did anyone get the application deadline extended for them??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:25 pm

madisonian wrote:Did anyone get the application deadline extended for them??
I havent heard of any extensions. I did hear that Dean Ortiz once said the deadline was firm at March 1. They already had well over 1000 applications by that point.

jadedV

New

Post by jadedV » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:15 pm

swheat wrote:
I havent heard of any extensions. I did hear that Dean Ortiz once said the deadline was firm at March 1. They already had well over 1000 applications by that point.
I kinda wish they made the deadline earlier, considering I don't think anyone who applied later than mid-Jan had any chance of getting in (correct me if I'm wrong).

LawApp2012

New

Post by LawApp2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:52 am

swheat wrote:
On March 9th, Chemerinsky published an update about admissions and said: "The admissions process for the founding class continues. We have received more than 2,500 applications for the 60 slots in the first-year class. This is the best ratio of applications to slots, an obvious measure of selectivity, of any law school in the country. We have admitted a number of students, received acceptances from some, and are continuing to process a large number of applications. By every measure, the applicants are tremendously impressive and we will succeed in our goal of having an outstanding entering class of students."

http://www.law.uci.edu/visions_of_change.html

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:09 am

I kinda wish they made the deadline earlier, considering I don't think anyone who applied later than mid-Jan had any chance of getting in (correct me if I'm wrong).
I believe they received 2700 applications in all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:11 am

That's an awful lot, even if a bunch were surely "it's free so i might as well apply for the hell of it" applications

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 am

Anyone going to the Admitted Students day on April 3rd?

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 am

I can't make it, but I'd definitely like an update afterward from those who are going

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 am

I'm going.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:37 am

NoamChomsky wrote:Anyone going to the Admitted Students day on April 3rd?
Did you finally get in?

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:41 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:Anyone going to the Admitted Students day on April 3rd?
Did you finally get in?
Nope, just hopelessly wondering. I've pretty much given up on the school... April 3rd is only a week away and I haven't heard a word from them.

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 am

What're your numbers?

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 am

Cheers to anyone going to Irvine! It takes a lot of courage.

I wonder if they'll accept transfers next year...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoamChomsky

New

Post by NoamChomsky » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:08 am

scantronix wrote:What're your numbers?
169, ~3 GPA

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 am

Those seem like numbers they would be interested in. I wouldn't be surprised if you got an offer the second round. When did you go complete?

gcalvin

New

Post by gcalvin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 am

I'm still hoping too. 173/2.64 LSAC (from very old history)/3.74 UG. Sent in the app pretty late, and got the acknowledgment e-mail 2/21. If I don't get in there, I'm waiting another year.

scantronix

New

Post by scantronix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:12 am

They mighta already stopped sending out the first round of offers by the time you went complete. That is a great LSAT score.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”