Well I found the law students to be surprisingly attractive, both the girls and the guys. It was definitely a nice surprise. Plus, the University is so huge that there really shouldn't be a problem meeting hot people.
I just got an 360 for Christmas and will be getting SFIV soon. When it gets here, I think that's replacing Bar Review. I know a couple of my friends play Halo a lot, but I'm a L4D kinda guy. Moral of the story? Plenty of video games.
Three things I love? Hmmmm...
1) Living in Iowa City is definitely great. It's cheap, clean and super-affordable. Also, my apartment rocks and is also dirt cheap. And sorta clean, but that's mostly my fault.
2) The opportunity to RA for your second two years and get in-state saves you over 20K a year. It's not only the tuition that gets reduced, your health insurance becomes part of the employee package so you only pay $20 a month instead of $150. Oh yeah, and it's a great experience. Heh.
3) Hmm, I think the third is a tie between my classmates and my professors. For the most part, everyone is surprisingly cool with gunning being more of a jokey-label than something you actually attach to people. And I've had some good luck with my Professors and found a couple that, aside from being great to learn from, are really accessible. I think it's the small town effect, where they all have their "open-door" policy but seem to actually mean it. I've definitely enjoyed my time here and the people are no small part of that.
Three things I'd change?
1) Career Services. I hear this from every school, and I'm not sure if it's not just to do with the recession, but I feel like that could work harder to keep us aware of opportunities to apply to internships and the like. And they're too cheery. That shit annoys me.
2) The administration seems impotent when it comes to dealing with things. They are all really nice and seem really eager to help but nothing ever gets done.
3) Iowa City doesn't know how to handle its winters. They can't afford salt so they SAND everything, which gets everywhere and is gross. I bitch about this about three times a day, so it's getting a place on the list.
There, is that a help? I know the Things I'd Change list is weak, but I guess I don't have too many gripes about the law school itself. The elective selection seemed a little anorexic, but that might have just been a 1L thing.
Am I helping at all?