Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby kyle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:56 pm

i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.

aed9
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby aed9 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 pm

kyle wrote:i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.



I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow. I went to decision the same day as you, and I just got mine (rejection) Saturday.

User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby kyle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

sweet. ive already figured it was a rejection but the waiting is annoying.

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 am

aed9 wrote:
kyle wrote:i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.



I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow. I went to decision the same day as you, and I just got mine (rejection) Saturday.


+1

dlstewart146
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby dlstewart146 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 am

I see many people were moved from complete to decision relatively quickly (2-3 weeks). My status has officially been at complete for 7 weeks 3 days. I am assuming that top candidates are selected relatively quickly (hence the 2-3 week status update). I am also assuming that bottom of the barrel candidates will be rejected relatively quickly. If these assumptions are correct, then the middle of the pack candidates would be left in the middle as space fillers, and wait-listees. Any one with experience, are these assumptions to any degree accurate? Should those of use that have been in purgatory for months have some sort of sick gratification, knowing that we weren't rejected immediately and are therefore being seriously considered?

olga13
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby olga13 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 am

Hi! Just looking for some friendly advice: I went to decision on the 28th of January around 5pm. I have since tried to login to the Admitted Students site and, as of 8:30am this morning, I've been unable to. My status page was last updated on Friday, it says and my application was complete on 12/3/08.

I'm in Florida and haven't yet received my letter, but I was wondering if my inability to log in means I'm out. Stats are 166/3.92, but I (think) I've got a pretty strong resume/ps/diversity statement and letters--as we all hope, of course.

Any thoughts?

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 am

olga13 wrote:Hi! Just looking for some friendly advice: I went to decision on the 28th of January around 5pm. I have since tried to login to the Admitted Students site and, as of 8:30am this morning, I've been unable to. My status page was last updated on Friday, it says and my application was complete on 12/3/08.

I'm in Florida and haven't yet received my letter, but I was wondering if my inability to log in means I'm out. Stats are 166/3.92, but I (think) I've got a pretty strong resume/ps/diversity statement and letters--as we all hope, of course.

Any thoughts?


I'm not sure its ever been established whether Georgetown means 4 days or 4 business days since acceptance is tendered. And there were certainly a couple people who got in but couldn't access the admitted student's site.

Without knowing much about your softs, I couldn't really say what your chances are. Obviously, your GPA is fantastic, but the LSAT is a little low for Georgetown. But either way, you shouldn't lose hope yet.

olga13
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby olga13 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 am

Thank you! Yeah, the LSAT is certainly my weak spot. Tis' a shame...but we'll see.

User avatar
hoffb86
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby hoffb86 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

hoffb86 wrote:Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.


I can't say for sure obviously, but I went to decision on either 1/20 or 1/21 (it was around midnight) and received my decision via mail on 1/23. So either way, that was three days. And you certainly live closer than I do to Georgetown.

User avatar
hoffb86
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby hoffb86 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:22 pm

caoyun wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.


I can't say for sure obviously, but I went to decision on either 1/20 or 1/21 (it was around midnight) and received my decision via mail on 1/23. So either way, that was three days. And you certainly live closer than I do to Georgetown.


Thanks very much.

atreyu
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby atreyu » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Have any of the accepted 1/30 decision folks been able to access the admitted student site yet?

bermuda
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby bermuda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm

.
Last edited by bermuda on Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atreyu
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby atreyu » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

bermuda wrote:
atreyu wrote:Have any of the accepted 1/30 decision folks been able to access the admitted student site yet?
1/30 decision, got the acceptance letter yesterday (dated 2/2), still can’t access the site.


thanks!

User avatar
pany1985
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby pany1985 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm a 1/30 decision and I've yet to get anything in the mail (although naturally I've been eager to check every day this week).

I haven't tried to access the site. I'd sorta rather just wait for the letter.

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby A Swift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm

DR 2/12 and can't get into the Admitted Students Website. This is the fourth day, so is it time to start freaking out?

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm

I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????

Muddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby Muddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????

Not sure. I asked the same question in another thread. Does anyone know?

Muddy
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby Muddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Muddy wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????

Not sure. I asked the same question in another thread. Does anyone know?

If you can log into the admitted students' section, does that mean "for sure" that you're in?

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby CG614 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”