Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:22 am

Any of you guys get your decision yet?

Mine just went to Decision at 12:15 am eastern time. I just checked about two hours ago and it was at Complete, so I guess the Georgetown folks are working late.

Just trying to get an idea of how long the wait is going to be... I haven't heard back from any schools yet... this'll be my first. I'm surprised a decision was reached so quickly, though, I submitted my application on Christmas Eve. I hope it isn't auto-reject or something... *Panic*

gbgv25
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby gbgv25 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 am

mine just went to decision as well. it was "complete" yesterday when I checked. Doesn't it take a few days for us to receive the actual letter if they just mailed it out? Unless the online notification is late..

User avatar
ReachingHigh09
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby ReachingHigh09 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Anything today for those who have been at decision for several days with no mail?

User avatar
billykraus
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby billykraus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 pm

ReachingHigh09 wrote:Anything today for those who have been at decision for several days with no mail?


Nope... :|

underwhere759
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby underwhere759 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:31 pm

nope still nothing. been about a week now and still no mail from them.

still nothing from anyone in fact.... its miserable waiting

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm still sitting on a status check decision but no mail, though, admittedly, I went to decision on 1/20 or 1/21 (either very late at night or very early in the morning). Have any of you guys that were on decision in the last week heard anything yet?

User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby kyle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:15 pm

still waiting from last wednesday.

aed9
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby aed9 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm

kyle wrote:still waiting from last wednesday.


Yeah, I've been waiting since Jan. 13 or 14. I'm not sure why it's taking so long for an envelope to get from D.C. to NC.

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Any of you guys able to log in to the admitted students site?

underwhere759
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby underwhere759 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 pm

i too am waiting for mine to come either to DC or to my permanent address in NC whats taking forever. and no i cant get into the admitted students site i have admittedly tried like everyday since i went to decision

pptmmt
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby pptmmt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:31 pm

I also noticed that there have been two updates since I went to decision. Why would they update the page after the decision?

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Don't know if you guys missed this on another thread, but the admissions office informed people that most people's whose status changed to decision last week (of the 14th) have had their letters mailed only yesterday. So there's still time. The question is do the four days start when you went to decision or yesterday.

User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby kyle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 pm

crib wrote:Don't know if you guys missed this on another thread, but the admissions office informed people that most people's whose status changed to decision last week (of the 14th) have had their letters mailed only yesterday. So there's still time. The question is do the four days start when you went to decision or yesterday.



i would guess yesterday, though i cant be sure. i guess this because it says "when an offer of admission is extended" and because so far nobody can access it and it would be weird if we were all rejects. perhaps we are though.

pomona
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby pomona » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:41 pm

kyle wrote:
crib wrote:Don't know if you guys missed this on another thread, but the admissions office informed people that most people's whose status changed to decision last week (of the 14th) have had their letters mailed only yesterday. So there's still time. The question is do the four days start when you went to decision or yesterday.



i would guess yesterday, though i cant be sure. i guess this because it says "when an offer of admission is extended" and because so far nobody can access it and it would be weird if we were all rejects. perhaps we are though.

I'm fearing it's a huge batch of rejections that were sitting on a dean's desk to sign for a few days...and that he/she finally got around to signing them yesterday.

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 pm

pomona wrote:
kyle wrote:
crib wrote:Don't know if you guys missed this on another thread, but the admissions office informed people that most people's whose status changed to decision last week (of the 14th) have had their letters mailed only yesterday. So there's still time. The question is do the four days start when you went to decision or yesterday.



i would guess yesterday, though i cant be sure. i guess this because it says "when an offer of admission is extended" and because so far nobody can access it and it would be weird if we were all rejects. perhaps we are though.

I'm fearing it's a huge batch of rejections that were sitting on a dean's desk to sign for a few days...and that he/she finally got around to signing them yesterday.

I fear you may be right. Any of you with numbers that make you think otherwise?

User avatar
kyle
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby kyle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 am

the only thing that makes me not think this is that someone with a WL went to decision on thursday and recieved his mail. Why would a rejection be harder / take longer to send out than a WL

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:27 am

crib wrote:
pomona wrote:
kyle wrote:
crib wrote:Don't know if you guys missed this on another thread, but the admissions office informed people that most people's whose status changed to decision last week (of the 14th) have had their letters mailed only yesterday. So there's still time. The question is do the four days start when you went to decision or yesterday.



i would guess yesterday, though i cant be sure. i guess this because it says "when an offer of admission is extended" and because so far nobody can access it and it would be weird if we were all rejects. perhaps we are though.

I'm fearing it's a huge batch of rejections that were sitting on a dean's desk to sign for a few days...and that he/she finally got around to signing them yesterday.

I fear you may be right. Any of you with numbers that make you think otherwise?


I have a 3.8 with LSATs of 165/174... I think that gives me a pretty good shot at Georgetown. And I also think that, given that I only went complete on 1/13 and they made a decision by 1/21, that I probably wasn't rejected. I think they'd hold onto my application a little longer if they were going to do that. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less anxious, as I haven't received a decision anywhere yet.

donaldson11
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby donaldson11 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:53 am

I also went to decision late 1/20 or early 1/21 (complete 12/24) with a 3.6/173

JJim1919
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby JJim1919 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 am

I have a 3.8 with LSATs of 165/174... I think that gives me a pretty good shot at Georgetown. And I also think that, given that I only went complete on 1/13 and they made a decision by 1/21, that I probably wasn't rejected. I think they'd hold onto my application a little longer if they were going to do that. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less anxious, as I haven't received a decision anywhere yet.


I dont really see anyway you could be rejected at g'town. In fact, im pretty sure you will be in somewhere in the T6 as well. Good luck!

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 am

JJim1919 wrote:
I have a 3.8 with LSATs of 165/174... I think that gives me a pretty good shot at Georgetown. And I also think that, given that I only went complete on 1/13 and they made a decision by 1/21, that I probably wasn't rejected. I think they'd hold onto my application a little longer if they were going to do that. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less anxious, as I haven't received a decision anywhere yet.


I dont really see anyway you could be rejected at g'town. In fact, im pretty sure you will be in somewhere in the T6 as well. Good luck!


One can hope! But yeah, point is, I don't think this is just a rejection batch. I certainly hope I get into Georgetown, as its one of my top choices (as I think I have a fair shot at some money).

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:01 am

caoyun wrote:
JJim1919 wrote:
I have a 3.8 with LSATs of 165/174... I think that gives me a pretty good shot at Georgetown. And I also think that, given that I only went complete on 1/13 and they made a decision by 1/21, that I probably wasn't rejected. I think they'd hold onto my application a little longer if they were going to do that. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less anxious, as I haven't received a decision anywhere yet.


I dont really see anyway you could be rejected at g'town. In fact, im pretty sure you will be in somewhere in the T6 as well. Good luck!


One can hope! But yeah, point is, I don't think this is just a rejection batch. I certainly hope I get into Georgetown, as its one of my top choices (as I think I have a fair shot at some money).


Well, I think you may be a different batch. I was talking about those that went to decision around the 13th or the 14th, but whose letters were mailed yesterday. I think you're in.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby caoyun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 am

crib wrote:
caoyun wrote:
JJim1919 wrote:
I have a 3.8 with LSATs of 165/174... I think that gives me a pretty good shot at Georgetown. And I also think that, given that I only went complete on 1/13 and they made a decision by 1/21, that I probably wasn't rejected. I think they'd hold onto my application a little longer if they were going to do that. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel less anxious, as I haven't received a decision anywhere yet.


I dont really see anyway you could be rejected at g'town. In fact, im pretty sure you will be in somewhere in the T6 as well. Good luck!


One can hope! But yeah, point is, I don't think this is just a rejection batch. I certainly hope I get into Georgetown, as its one of my top choices (as I think I have a fair shot at some money).


Well, I think you may be a different batch. I was talking about those that went to decision around the 13th or the 14th, but whose letters were mailed yesterday. I think you're in.


You're not making it easy to think positively for you. Why do they have to have batches of acceptances/rejections? Can't they just finish say, 100 applications, and send out decisions, regardless of what those decisions are?

lscurious
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:31 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby lscurious » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:06 am

I think my decision must have changed Tuesday or Wednesday, and I just got an acceptance letter today! I live in D.C., so you all should be getting mail soon. So excited!

crib
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby crib » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:08 am

caoyun wrote:
I dont really see anyway you could be rejected at g'town. In fact, im pretty sure you will be in somewhere in the T6 as well. Good luck!


One can hope! But yeah, point is, I don't think this is just a rejection batch. I certainly hope I get into Georgetown, as its one of my top choices (as I think I have a fair shot at some money).[/quote]

Well, I think you may be a different batch. I was talking about those that went to decision around the 13th or the 14th, but whose letters were mailed yesterday. I think you're in.[/quote]

You're not making it easy to think positively for you. Why do they have to have batches of acceptances/rejections? Can't they just finish say, 100 applications, and send out decisions, regardless of what those decisions are?[/quote]

Could be. Sorry this application cycle has killed my spirit :?

gbgv25
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Postby gbgv25 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:30 pm

i went to decision about four/five days ago and received my acceptance letter yesterday!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blahblah123, Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests