University of Oregon Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sneakpreview

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby sneakpreview » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:22 pm

PenutButterJellyTime wrote:Hey all, Ive just received my admission to Oregon. Excited but also curious about some things. Some people mention the 60% employment figure. I am from the other side of the country, so I know little about this school other than the beautiful geography and its apparent "ranking."

Im really excited to attend, but Im hoping people can reafirm my decision by telling me its a good school and that I will actually get a job :)
Obviously this is the only factor left in my decision. I have also applied to Tulane, Penn State, and Florida State, but have not heard back yet.

Any opinions on what I could/should do are welcome.

Have a great day :)

Did your acceptance come via snail mail? I went complete in November and haven't heard a peep.

PenutButterJellyTime

Postby PenutButterJellyTime » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 am

Yes my acceptance was via snail mail. They sent us an email last month saying most decisions would be made by April 9th.
But of course Id believe that rolling admissions doesnt allow a school to pick when their done. We pick for the schools when their done by accepting or declining their offers. So dont give up hope, because theres lots of students being accepted this round that may not come.
Heck, I really want to go but havent made up my mind fully yet. Plus I still havent heard back from many schools, so you might very well get my spot who knows.

But only correspondence has been snail-based, yes.

Sunflower

Postby Sunflower » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:40 pm

For those of you who sent in your deposit did you get any kind of confirmation? Thanks.

Sias

Postby Sias » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Sunflower wrote:For those of you who sent in your deposit did you get any kind of confirmation? Thanks.

They didn't initiate confirmation, so I called admissions yesterday and they said they'd received it.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Sias wrote:
Sunflower wrote:For those of you who sent in your deposit did you get any kind of confirmation? Thanks.

They didn't initiate confirmation, so I called admissions yesterday and they said they'd received it.

i'm driving 13 hrs to hand deliver it myself while the admissions staff cheer and lift me onto their shoulders, carrying me into the sunset to the drumbeat of "eye of the tiger."

davipatr

Postby davipatr » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm

I just mailed mine a couple of days ago. I called to let them know. Didn't sound like it was too big of a deal.

momo_08

Postby momo_08 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 pm

I got a letter a couple of weeks later thanking me for the deposit and giving me some info on how to log into their system (except that we technically can't log in because we don't have enough history or something)

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:14 am

momo_08 wrote:

I got a letter a couple of weeks later thanking me for the deposit and giving me some info on how to log into their system (except that we technically can't log in because we don't have enough history or something)

I logged in tonight. I also paid my deposit last minute, but got all of the login info in a separate mailing about a week ago.

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:42 am

Yes. Received mine today in the mail

Sunflower

Postby Sunflower » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:42 pm

hans3n wrote:

Yes. Received mine today in the mail

+ 1

Got my confirmation letter today as well.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Eugene residents: what's the lowdown on high speed providers in the area? Who's cheapest/best?

PenutButterJellyTime

Postby PenutButterJellyTime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Did you guys receive a Username and Password for the "admitted students" sites? After looking over my acceptance package several times, all i can find is my UO student ID, but no password for these sites.

Sunflower

Postby Sunflower » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm

PenutButterJellyTime wrote:Did you guys receive a Username and Password for the "admitted students" sites? After looking over my acceptance package several times, all i can find is my UO student ID, but no password for these sites.

Do you have a yellow paper in your package? The information is on the yellow paper 4th paragraph down.

momo_08

Postby momo_08 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 pm

So...anymore people set on attending UO or still waiting for other schools?

davipatr

Postby davipatr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Does anybody know how to look at your total student aid report? I called admissions and they said the login info would be in some letter. Then I got one and all it was was a letter thanking me for my deposit. I mean, I love the school but I'm trying to make life decisions and I need to be able to crunch numbers and figure out if I can even afford to do this thing, ya know?
Is this easy and I am just not figuring it out?

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 pm

davipatr wrote:Does anybody know how to look at your total student aid report? I called admissions and they said the login info would be in some letter. Then I got one and all it was was a letter thanking me for my deposit. I mean, I love the school but I'm trying to make life decisions and I need to be able to crunch numbers and figure out if I can even afford to do this thing, ya know?

Once you can login to your UO online account you can access all of the financial aid stuff. They should send it to you in the mail though, so maybe they haven't processed it yet.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 am

momo_08 wrote:So...anymore people set on attending UO or still waiting for other schools?

im goin fo sho

davipatr

Postby davipatr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 pm

kswiss wrote:
davipatr wrote:Does anybody know how to look at your total student aid report? I called admissions and they said the login info would be in some letter. Then I got one and all it was was a letter thanking me for my deposit. I mean, I love the school but I'm trying to make life decisions and I need to be able to crunch numbers and figure out if I can even afford to do this thing, ya know?

Once you can login to your UO online account you can access all of the financial aid stuff. They should send it to you in the mail though, so maybe they haven't processed it yet.

It's not in the admit packet right? It's some other letter that has the PAC or whatever it's called? When did you get yours?
Also, has anybody gotten housing yet? Is there any kind of timetable one would want to have in mind as far as when this should be done?

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 pm

davipatr wrote:
kswiss wrote:

It's not in the admit packet right? It's some other letter that has the PAC or whatever it's called? When did you get yours?
Also, has anybody gotten housing yet? Is there any kind of timetable one would want to have in mind as far as when this should be done?

i was told to start it asap. the waiting list can be a year long.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:32 pm

usuaggie wrote:
davipatr wrote:
kswiss wrote:

I'm going to rent a house, so I'm gonna go out there in July and hopefully find something. If worst comes to worst I have some family in the area that I can stay with until I find a place to rent.

procrastinator

Postby procrastinator » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Anybody not gotten a decision letter yet?

momo_08

Postby momo_08 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

usuaggie wrote:
davipatr wrote:
kswiss wrote:

yeah. I already sent mine in and they said they'll let me know if there is place available in july...I think having a backup place in mind wouldn't be a bad idea.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

i called today. on campus housing is a 6-12 month wait right now.

mattg510

Postby mattg510 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 pm

procrastinator wrote:Anybody not gotten a decision letter yet?

I was placed in second review so I still don't have a final decision, anyone know when Oregon starts to pull from the second review candidates?

zoley1383

Postby zoley1383 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 am

Anyone else having trouble signing on to the law school website (not the forum but the page that you need the weird password for)? I got the info in a letter about a week and a half ago and I still can't log on. Getting frustrated....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”