University of Oregon Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cLams

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Krones wrote:
cLams wrote:
Krones wrote:I email the admissions office this morning and they replied a decision was mailed on Monday.

What do the acceptance and rejection envelopes look like?

Yikes!!! This makes me nervous...when did you go complete?

November 12th

Hopefully you'll receive it in the mail today! Unfortunately, I haven't received my letter yet so I can't comment on the size/shape, but I wish you the best of luck!

akili

Postby akili » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

My acceptance was in a large white envelope. Tons of info!

ja57047

Postby ja57047 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Krones wrote:I email the admissions office this morning and they replied a decision was mailed on Monday.

I got in today via snail mail with 5k per year. Large white envelope. I applied 1/04 and went complete 1/15. 164/3.6/URM/WY. I withdrew the same day they put it in the mail. Good luck all.

HG0506

Postby HG0506 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 pm

ja57047 wrote:

I got in today via snail mail with 5k per year. Large white envelope. I applied 1/04 and went complete 1/15. 164/3.6/URM/WY. I withdrew the same day they put it in the mail. Good luck all.

Gosh, if this is any measure, this would mean since I went complete in early march, I could expect to hear from them in late april or may.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 pm

HG0506 wrote:
ja57047 wrote:

Gosh, if this is any measure, this would mean since I went complete in early march, I could expect to hear from them in late april or may.

complete december 13. no decision yet. 159/3.32

amorfati42

Postby amorfati42 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 pm

I went complete mid Jan and still haven't heard... was really hoping to as I have a tentative visit scheduled for next week. Didn't someone say they were going to have all decisions out by the end of the month? If I don't get in here I'm looking at Seattle full price or Willamette half tuition.

hans3n

Postby hans3n » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:47 pm

usuaggie wrote:
complete december 13. no decision yet. 159/3.32

You might want to call the admissions office, like some people on here have done, to check on the status of your application

beepermad

Postby beepermad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:01 am

The last time that I wrote to them, they said that they were *hoping* to have all decisions mailed by April 15th.

Just an fyi.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:28 pm

beepermad wrote:The last time that I wrote to them, they said that they were *hoping* to have all decisions mailed by April 15th.

Just an fyi.

same here

Sunflower

Postby Sunflower » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:00 pm

funkylicks

Postby funkylicks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm in. With alumni in-laws, I'm already something of a Duck. It's become a straight shootout between UO and L & C, both at sticker (so obviously UO wins financially). Is anyone in the same boat? With April 15th looming, any thoughts? Pretty sure I want to work in Portland, but I'd be fine with school in Eugene.

davipatr

Postby davipatr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 am

funkylicks wrote:I'm in. With alumni in-laws, I'm already something of a Duck. It's become a straight shootout between UO and L & C, both at sticker (so obviously UO wins financially). Is anyone in the same boat? With April 15th looming, any thoughts? Pretty sure I want to work in Portland, but I'd be fine with school in Eugene.

I'm in with 4k in renewable. 3.4/160, Lewis & Clark rejected me. Everything I have heard is that L&C grads have a head start in Portland, and if you go to the websites of large law firms in Portland and search by the schools people graduated it reflects this.

Eisaiahm

Postby Eisaiahm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 pm

In w/ 4,000! I'm 100% going there this fall!
So excited.....

momo_08

Postby momo_08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I was away for spring break so i came home to three letters in my mailbox. One rejection from denver (one of my top 5 :(), one waitlist from USF and one acceptance from Oregon! (another one of my top 5). I didn't get any scholarship money which doesn't surprise me considering my stats are a little below and i applied in late january.
Overall I'm very excited to be in, and unless I get into a california school (specifically San Diego), I will probably be there for fall! Everything that i've read on this thread has been encouraging so far (other than the rain part, when you come from the sunny O.C., you don't handle rain well) but it's something i know i can live with. Plus the tuition for an out of state person is fairly cheap compared to some in-state ones in california, not to mention the COL is amazingly low! (i'm used to paying min 500 bucks just to share a two bd apt with three other people!)
I wish i was going to ASD!
Has anyone heard anything about their dispute resolution program? I know it's top 10 but other than that i don't know much about it and im interested in possibly into it.

EDIT: I'm interested in oncampus housing...any idea when i should submit an application? I'm still waiting to hear back from schools but it would be nice not to have to wait till last minute...Would i be able to submit an application and withdraw it if necessary?
Last edited by momo_08 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Postby akili » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:21 pm

I'm pretty psyched to go visit on the 10th. Also, I emailed my RSVP and was informed that the program starts at 1 pm on that Saturday. Just spreading the word :)

Italia8183

Postby Italia8183 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Does anyone have experience with Oregon scholarship appeal process? Is this even an option?

Sias

Postby Sias » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Complete 3/4 accepted yesterday via large envelope. 162/2.73/Non-URM

blondie2010

Postby blondie2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Received my acceptance package for U of O on Friday, $6K renewable scholarship. Stats around 3.2/159. Also received an email inviting me to the Admitted Students Visiting Day (welcoming minority students? Because I'm Canadian I guess?) but I am not accepting the offer as I just found out I was accepted to a Canadian school.

Good luck to everybody still waiting :)

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:38 am

blondie2010 wrote:Received my acceptance package for U of O on Friday, $6K renewable scholarship. Stats around 3.2/159. Also received an email inviting me to the Admitted Students Visiting Day (welcoming minority students? Because I'm Canadian I guess?) but I am not accepting the offer as I just found out I was accepted to a Canadian school.

Good luck to everybody still waiting :)

hope this is a good sign for me 159/3.32

kimber1028

Postby kimber1028 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 am

davipatr wrote:
funkylicks wrote:I'm in. With alumni in-laws, I'm already something of a Duck. It's become a straight shootout between UO and L & C, both at sticker (so obviously UO wins financially). Is anyone in the same boat? With April 15th looming, any thoughts? Pretty sure I want to work in Portland, but I'd be fine with school in Eugene.

I'm in with 4k in renewable. 3.4/160, Lewis & Clark rejected me. Everything I have heard is that L&C grads have a head start in Portland, and if you go to the websites of large law firms in Portland and search by the schools people graduated it reflects this.

L&C and UO actually place almost exactly the same in Portland, so that's really not an issue. Portland Biglaw websites show essentially equal numbers of attorneys from both L&C and UO (granted, there are disparities - UO places better at Schwabe, for example, whereas Stoel places better at L&C - but they even out). The same firms come to OCIs at both schools. If you're looking for some sort of "head start" at L&C v. UO, you won't find it. They offer the same opportunities; UO just happens to be cheaper.

funkylicks

Postby funkylicks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 am

kimber1028 wrote:
davipatr wrote:

L&C and UO actually place almost exactly the same in Portland, so that's really not an issue. Portland Biglaw websites show essentially equal numbers of attorneys from both L&C and UO (granted, there are disparities - UO places better at Schwabe, for example, whereas Stoel places better at L&C - but they even out). The same firms come to OCIs at both schools. If you're looking for some sort of "head start" at L&C v. UO, you won't find it. They offer the same opportunities; UO just happens to be cheaper.

Thank you for the reply and your findings. That does seem to be the consensus. Both academic programmes look solid. In terms of less-important-but-worth-considering aesthetic aspects, I definitely prefer the modern law building at UO. Beautiful setting, but a little dated at L&C. But, Portland is a great city. Hmm...a little more head scratching to go yet.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

I need opinions. I don't want to live at home, but I can go to UNLV for 17,000 a yr and free room and board living with my dad. It will likely be that way for a year, then I will be paying rent and married. Probably.

or

I can go to Oregon (if I ever get in) for the 30,000 a year plus rent all three years.

I want to work in Cali, Washington, Oregon, Utah, AZ, NV in that order. As you can see, UNLV is not the best job placement for me.

I already have 40,000 in loans for undergrad. I probably won't get a scholarship to UO (159/3.32 and no ties to oregon).

What say Ye?

Sunflower

Postby Sunflower » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Anyone know of a good hotel to stay at around U of O?

kimber1028

Postby kimber1028 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Sunflower wrote:Anyone know of a good hotel to stay at around U of O?

Either the Phoenix Inn or the Best Western near campus. They're both on Franklin.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:54 pm

usuaggie wrote:I need opinions. I don't want to live at home, but I can go to UNLV for 17,000 a yr and free room and board living with my dad. It will likely be that way for a year, then I will be paying rent and married. Probably.

or

I can go to Oregon (if I ever get in) for the 30,000 a year plus rent all three years.

I want to work in Cali, Washington, Oregon, Utah, AZ, NV in that order. As you can see, UNLV is not the best job placement for me.

I already have 40,000 in loans for undergrad. I probably won't get a scholarship to UO (159/3.32 and no ties to oregon).

What say Ye?

somebody anybody

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”