University of Oregon Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
J Mack

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby J Mack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 pm

I applied to Willamette, haven't heard anything from them yet.

ShelleyVA

Postby ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:02 pm

J Mack wrote:I applied to Willamette, haven't heard anything from them yet.

I haven't heard anything either. I got an e-mail saying they received it and that was all.

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Yeah, near as I can tell Willamette hasn't actually made any decisions. They are holding on open house on January 31st, though. I might go if I can get the day off work.

J Mack

Postby J Mack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Anyone else hear from Seattle that applied? Thinking about going there?

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 pm

pdennis1000 wrote:Oh, did anyone apply to Willamette?

I think every one from Oregon has the Willamette, L&C, Oregon trifects going. I would probably go with L&C if I could go there for a reasonable amount of money. Oregon is second and wilammette is a very distant third which will only be considered if they offer full tuition...

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:16 pm

J Mack wrote:Anyone else hear from Seattle that applied? Thinking about going there?

nothing besides my application being complete... they never even sent me a status login so i'm in the dark... Wouldent mind going there though I love seattle

sandia

Postby sandia » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:53 pm

69sofine wrote:
pdennis1000 wrote:I never had an issue with bums in Eugene while I was in undergrad. I only really encountered them around the campus entrance at 13th and Kincaid and at the bus depot (but pretty much any bus depot has bums I've noticed). Does Frog still hang outside the campus selling "joke books?"

Have you heard the funniest joke book in the world? Jokes so funny you'll shit your pants!

I went to visit UO in Oct. for the weekend and came across Frog. My boyfriend ending up buying one of his "joke books", he is quite the character!

ShelleyVA: UO is one of my top choices. How is housing in Eugene as far as availability and price-range? Thanks!

icarter

Postby icarter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 pm

ShelleyVA: UO is one of my top choices. How is housing in Eugene as far as availability and price-range? Thanks!

Hey Sandia,

I also live in Eugene and have had experiences both with renting and purchasing a home. You can find apartments ranging from 550-1200 a month depending on location, size and quality throughout Eugene and springfield. Eugene is fairly small and really easy to get around (with a car) so you can find a nice place to live. There are quite a few apartment complexes around town and typically they are not hard to get into. The real estate market is a little soft and the average home sales price is around 200k-245.

I'd be happy to give more specific info if you have any more questions.

sandia

Postby sandia » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 am

Thanks for icarter.

I'm from CA and I applied to Seattle, L&C, Willamette, and UO. I almost didn't apply to Willamette too, the appeal is lacking for some reason (Salem or it's rep?) In the email I received from Will., they said decisions would start to go out mid-January.

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:39 am

sandia wrote:
69sofine wrote:
pdennis1000 wrote:I never had an issue with bums in Eugene while I was in undergrad. I only really encountered them around the campus entrance at 13th and Kincaid and at the bus depot (but pretty much any bus depot has bums I've noticed). Does Frog still hang outside the campus selling "joke books?"

Have you heard the funniest joke book in the world? Jokes so funny you'll shit your pants!

I went to visit UO in Oct. for the weekend and came across Frog. My boyfriend ending up buying one of his "joke books", he is quite the character!

Frog still being there brings joy to my heart. His jokes are awful but he is officially part of the UO atmosphere.

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Why is it that every college has a Bum that's known by everyone on campus by some ridiculous name (Frog, stretch, goat man, pee jug man, etc)?

icarter

Postby icarter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:Why is it that every college has a Bum that's known by everyone on campus by some ridiculous name (Frog, stretch, goat man, pee jug man, etc)?

I'm not sure about these other fellows but Frog is more than a bum. And his name actually is Frog (or so he says)

scienara

Postby scienara » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 pm

What's the name of the library lady bum at UO? I can't remember, it's something weird.

When my husband was in college in Eugene, she ran into his house one time when the door was left open and tried to dump a jar of pee down the kitchen sink.

Not kidding.

Eugene is not a bad place. Plenty of bars and coffee shops anyway, and the area is quite pretty.

icarter

Postby icarter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm

scienara wrote:What's the name of the library lady bum at UO? I can't remember, it's something weird.

When my husband was in college in Eugene, she ran into his house one time when the door was left open and tried to dump a jar of pee down the kitchen sink..

The library lady bum must be gone as I haven't heard of her at all during my 4 years here.

ShelleyVA

Postby ShelleyVA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Her name was Hatoon. She died two years ago. She got hit by a car trying to cross Franklin on her bike. There was (is?) a memorial for her on the sidewalk outside the book store.

She was VERY crazy, but nice :)

kimber1028

Postby kimber1028 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Her name was Hatoon. She died two years ago. She got hit by a car trying to cross Franklin on her bike. There was (is?) a memorial for her on the sidewalk outside the book store.

I had no idea... that's horrible! She was really nice... I always used to talk to her on my way to the gym.

ShelleyVA

Postby ShelleyVA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Lol, she used to tell me I was pretty every time I saw her. It made me feel nice :). Poor Hatoon.

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:40 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Her name was Hatoon. She died two years ago. She got hit by a car trying to cross Franklin on her bike. There was (is?) a memorial for her on the sidewalk outside the book store.

Hatoon was more than a bum, she was an institution. She was once UO staff/faculty back in the 70s or early 80s. She was hit by the car after I left but while I was a student she was always in the Rec Center lifting weights when I was there. That's how I found out about her history since obviously they wouldn't just let a bum in the gym. Most people knew her from hanging outside the library or from her little camp next to the bookstore and Renny's.

Also, a cool note about Frog. He is a land lord. He actually owns (or used to own) at least one small apartment building in Eugene. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Frog pulls down $80k/yr. :lol:

ShelleyVA

Postby ShelleyVA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Frog straight up made more money than I did in undergrad. I've walked past him more than once while he was counting the profits from his joke books and thought to myself, "That is more money than I have in my checking account." :| Impressive for someone whose jokes really aren't that funny.

I'm not sure if he still owns an apartment building though. Over the summer he posted signs around town saying he needed somewhere to sleep for $150 a month.

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:46 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Frog straight up made more money than I did in undergrad. I've walked past him more than once while he was counting the profits from his joke books and thought to myself, "That is more money than I have in my checking account." :| Impressive for someone whose jokes really aren't that funny.

I'm not sure if he still owns an apartment building though. Over the summer he posted signs around town saying he needed somewhere to sleep for $150 a month.

Drag, apparently the economic downturn hits everyone. I honestly half-expected to see him driving an Escalade one day instead of his goofy bike/wagon thing.

J Mack

Postby J Mack » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 am

anybody got any pics of this Frog guy? I wanna buy some jokes when I go visit the law school.

icarter

Postby icarter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

You'll know who he is when you see him. He hangs out on 13th right near the library around 11-1ish longer most days but be there around lunch and you should see him

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Why not go to his MySpace page?

--LinkRemoved--

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Holy crap! Great find!

prophecybysnakes

Postby prophecybysnakes » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 pm

I didn't apply to Seattle and now I'm regretting that decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”