University of Oregon Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zermatt1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby zermatt1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I got the same email and applied about the same time as you. I was accepted a week ago. Guess they had a change in plans.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:39 pm

KraftEZ wrote:I'm an in-state applicant whose already got acceptance letters from Willamette and Lewis & Clark but still waiting on U of O :(

I thought L & C was more selective so I was surprised I got in before I heard anything from the U of O. I hope this isn't a bad sign.


I'm in the same boat as you. Well, sort of. I didn't apply to Willamette. UO starts sending out decisions later than a lot of schools. They originally said they were going to begin making decisions in mid-February and nearly hit that. They only started in late January. Don't start sweating yet. :D

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby hans3n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Is anyone beside me interested in the prospects of a clerkship? Just read a thread on TLS that shows UO ranks 50th for "Rank by Percent of Class in federal clerkships" and ranks 50th as well for "Total number of federal clerks" for 2009. This is pretty awesome in my opinion. I can post it in here if anyone cares

BruinsFan
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby BruinsFan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 pm

I want to hear from UO because I need to visit if admitted! Plane tickets are already getting expensive.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 pm

hans3n wrote:Is anyone beside me interested in the prospects of a clerkship? Just read a thread on TLS that shows UO ranks 50th for "Rank by Percent of Class in federal clerkships" and ranks 50th as well for "Total number of federal clerks" for 2009. This is pretty awesome in my opinion. I can post it in here if anyone cares



I saw the thread earlier and I am definitely interested in clerking. I believe, though, that the the earlier thread was listing only federal clerkships. If you include other clerkships, I imagine the overall numbers would be much higher.

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby hans3n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
hans3n wrote:Is anyone beside me interested in the prospects of a clerkship? Just read a thread on TLS that shows UO ranks 50th for "Rank by Percent of Class in federal clerkships" and ranks 50th as well for "Total number of federal clerks" for 2009. This is pretty awesome in my opinion. I can post it in here if anyone cares



I saw the thread earlier and I am definitely interested in clerking. I believe, though, that the the earlier thread was listing only federal clerkships. If you include other clerkships, I imagine the overall numbers would be much higher.

Yea I said Federal. I was surprised that UO was only 4% when I first looked at that thread, and thought it was so low based on the numbers I know in my head for their clerkships. Then I realized it was just Federal Numbers and Percentages.

BruinsFan wrote:I want to hear from UO because I need to visit if admitted! Plane tickets are already getting expensive.

+ 1. Im planning to visit,if admitted, during the last week of March(my spring break). Hopefully I can hear by early March so I can withdraw from other schools.

stellabean
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby stellabean » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet from University of Oregon?

User avatar
bobbyp1819
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby bobbyp1819 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I was notified of my acceptance via mail today! I went complete on 10/30 w/ a 157 and a 3.43. Now I'm faced with the decision of choosing between Seattle U, U of O, and Willamette w/ 16.5k per year.

In all reality, the choice is really between Seattle and Eugene. I am an Oregon resident so the former would be cheaper, but I am really stuck on this decision. Any ideas on the positives or negatives of enrolling at either school? I am extremely interested in securities law and financial regulation, so perhaps SU would be the better choice due to its proximity to a much larger business market......

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:23 pm

bobbyp1819 wrote:I was notified of my acceptance via mail today! I went complete on 10/30 w/ a 157 and a 3.43. Now I'm faced with the decision of choosing between Seattle U, U of O, and Willamette w/ 16.5k per year.

In all reality, the choice is really between Seattle and Eugene. I am an Oregon resident so the former would be cheaper, but I am really stuck on this decision. Any ideas on the positives or negatives of enrolling at either school? I am extremely interested in securities law and financial regulation, so perhaps SU would be the better choice due to its proximity to a much larger business market......

Its cheaper for you to go to Seattle than having in-state tuition at UO? Did you mean the latter, instead of the former?

KraftEZ
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby KraftEZ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm

I live 5 minutes away from campus and still no mail. But my mail in general still hasn't come in today. :|

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby usuaggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 pm

hans3n wrote:
bobbyp1819 wrote:I was notified of my acceptance via mail today! I went complete on 10/30 w/ a 157 and a 3.43. Now I'm faced with the decision of choosing between Seattle U, U of O, and Willamette w/ 16.5k per year.

In all reality, the choice is really between Seattle and Eugene. I am an Oregon resident so the former would be cheaper, but I am really stuck on this decision. Any ideas on the positives or negatives of enrolling at either school? I am extremely interested in securities law and financial regulation, so perhaps SU would be the better choice due to its proximity to a much larger business market......

Its cheaper for you to go to Seattle than having in-state tuition at UO? Did you mean the latter, instead of the former?



he must have. i had mail, but it was pacific offering me a paid trip to visit. id go just for the trip, but the hotel is 99 dollars n i dont feel like paying that when i know i wont go there. really wanna hear from oregon though

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:48 pm

he must have. i had mail, but it was pacific offering me a paid trip to visit. id go just for the trip, but the hotel is 99 dollars n i dont feel like paying that when i know i wont go there. really wanna hear from oregon though


Yea I received the same thing today from McGeorge, got WL at USF, and Rejected from Loyola. I have now learned not to believe/trust that just because many people went Decision rendered when I did, and they were all accepted, that I am too. I am now expecting a Rejection from UO based on the way things are going for me, ha.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby usuaggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:34 pm

hans3n wrote:
he must have. i had mail, but it was pacific offering me a paid trip to visit. id go just for the trip, but the hotel is 99 dollars n i dont feel like paying that when i know i wont go there. really wanna hear from oregon though


Yea I received the same thing today from McGeorge, got WL at USF, and Rejected from Loyola. I have now learned not to believe/trust that just because many people went Decision rendered when I did, and they were all accepted, that I am too. I am now expecting a Rejection from UO based on the way things are going for me, ha.


ha don't worry yet. ive been complete at loyola since 11/24, nothing yet. glad to have unlv as a backup.

UO Stud(ent)
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby UO Stud(ent) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Go to Oregon!!! Sorry no time for elaboration, I have a LRW assignment due tomorrow morning. Unfortunately that is all you are getting from me; I will leave it to the more industrious Top-Law Oregon students to give you their laundry lists. :) Just know that I came here after applying all over the place and I have loved it. Good luck with your decisions! It is surely an exciting time I would love to have all over again.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 pm

hans3n wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
hans3n wrote:Is anyone beside me interested in the prospects of a clerkship? Just read a thread on TLS that shows UO ranks 50th for "Rank by Percent of Class in federal clerkships" and ranks 50th as well for "Total number of federal clerks" for 2009. This is pretty awesome in my opinion. I can post it in here if anyone cares



I saw the thread earlier and I am definitely interested in clerking. I believe, though, that the the earlier thread was listing only federal clerkships. If you include other clerkships, I imagine the overall numbers would be much higher.

Yea I said Federal. I was surprised that UO was only 4% when I first looked at that thread, and thought it was so low based on the numbers I know in my head for their clerkships. Then I realized it was just Federal Numbers and Percentages.




Oops. My bad. Not sure how I missed it in your original post. In any case, I like the odds. :lol:

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby usuaggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm

UO Stud(ent) wrote:Go to Oregon!!! Sorry no time for elaboration, I have a LRW assignment due tomorrow morning. Unfortunately that is all you are getting from me; I will leave it to the more industrious Top-Law Oregon students to give you their laundry lists. :) Just know that I came here after applying all over the place and I have loved it. Good luck with your decisions! It is surely an exciting time I would love to have all over again.


your argument overwhelms me. I shall obey.

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby hans3n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm

UO Stud(ent) wrote:Go to Oregon!!! Sorry no time for elaboration, I have a LRW assignment due tomorrow morning. Unfortunately that is all you are getting from me; I will leave it to the more industrious Top-Law Oregon students to give you their laundry lists. :) Just know that I came here after applying all over the place and I have loved it. Good luck with your decisions! It is surely an exciting time I would love to have all over again.

Ha, who ARE you? You and I must have had different results with our application cycles.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby usuaggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

hans3n wrote:
UO Stud(ent) wrote:Go to Oregon!!! Sorry no time for elaboration, I have a LRW assignment due tomorrow morning. Unfortunately that is all you are getting from me; I will leave it to the more industrious Top-Law Oregon students to give you their laundry lists. :) Just know that I came here after applying all over the place and I have loved it. Good luck with your decisions! It is surely an exciting time I would love to have all over again.

Ha, who ARE you? You and I must have had different results with our application cycles.



not an out of state 159/3.32 student, that's for sure.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Got my UO acceptance today when I got home. I almost threw it away by accident as I also got a couple of UO alumni mailings as well. :oops:

No mention of money but I'm not surprised plus I'm an in-state student. Makes it a reasonable cost anyway.

gcp52
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby gcp52 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 am

Hey zermatt1,

When did you have your application complete?

gcp52
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby gcp52 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 am

SamSeaborn2016 ,

when did you have your application complete?

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 am

I went complete on 10/6.

User avatar
bobbyp1819
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby bobbyp1819 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:47 am

Oops, I did mean the latter!

ephemeral
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby ephemeral » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 am

In at Oregon in the mail today! :)

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Postby JOThompson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Withdrew yesterday. I hope one of you receives my spot and scholarship :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aprince0122, Google [Bot], JordanLaw15, LawSchoolTitan and 13 guests