University of Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scott82

Re: University of Washington

Postby scott82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 pm

207 wrote:Just got the mail and still nothing. They must just be holding decisions for a mass mailing?

Seriously, WTF. Either that or they are still using the Pony Express. It's been a week for christ sake.

scienara

Postby scienara » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:18 pm

They mailed mine on a Tuesday and it got here on Friday. I only live in Portland, which is usually next day delivery. So there's definitely some lag time from when the status checker shows letter mailed to when it actually gets to the USPS.

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:24 pm

scienara wrote:They mailed mine on a Tuesday and it got here on Friday. I only live in Portland, which is usually next day delivery. So there's definitely some lag time from when the status checker shows letter mailed to when it actually gets to the USPS.

Can I ask what the out come is? Mine got mailed out on the 10th and I want to see if their is a trend...

scienara

Postby scienara » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 pm

I got in. This was last week. (Decision 2/3)

I'm probably going, too, unless one of my hail marys comes through!

tom1986

Postby tom1986 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 pm

I just opened my mailbox and no surprises today! Although it would be a lot better to get a letter tomorrow anyways, right? Valentine's over 'friday the 13th'. j/k I'm not superstitious, but I really thought today was going to be the UW letter day.

Is anyone else glad that we have 2 mail-less days next week?

lawbug

Postby lawbug » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:24 pm

So apparently there are ppl on LSN who got dinged today and some of these people are from Washingtion. Do you think that the batch that they mailed out yesterday was rejection? I'm getting kind of nervous because mine was sent out yesterday. For those of you who got dinged, can you please let me know if the letter was postmarked on 2/12? Thanks

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

If only we could find a way to convert angst into electricity, prospective law students could lead us to energy independence.

From what I've seen, we're not even sure they are mailing things when they say they are. We certainly don't know if they're mailing all one flavor of response at a time. I think we all need a beer or two :)

scott82

Postby scott82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:50 pm

My status checker says "Decision mailed 2/6". Next line "Decision mailed 2/10".

Hmmm... maybe they changed their minds?

Now just to wait on pins and needles to see if it was for better or worse... :P

Supernova

Postby Supernova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 pm

scott82 wrote:My status checker says "Decision mailed 2/6". Next line "Decision mailed 2/10".

Hmmm... maybe they changed their minds?

Now just to wait on pins and needles to see if it was for better or worse... :P

Mine says the same thing...anyone else have this? any idea what it means?

damn this waiting sucks :?

GoDawgs

Postby GoDawgs » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 pm

So far I have just been lurking without posting, but I thought I could waylay some fears. I got my acceptance today, and had a decision mailing date of 2/11. I live close to UW. Hopefully all of your acceptances will show up tomorrow!

3.7/167, UW undergrad.

pubintrst

Postby pubintrst » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:02 am

oooh, status checker movement. How exciting! It went from "in review" date stamp: 1/28/09 to "in review" 2/13/09.

What shall I divine from this totally meaningless occurrence? Perhaps they waitlisted / put me on hold / liked it so much they wanted to review it twice / misplaced it during review and had to print out another copy / decided to wallpaper their offices with it / needed to start a fire because it is cold in the PNW right now. Or it means nothing at all.

Actually my hunch from lurking this thread for a while is that the first "in review" wasn't actually such. And it has now finally gone to committee. I didn't submit until 01/02/09, and went complete around the 12th if I remember correctly. That sounds about right. So I figure another two weeks until a decision, maybe sooner.

Can we get a roll call on "in review" to "decision" time-span from you all? And use your 2nd "in review" date if applicable.

Thanks and good luck all.

osu09

Postby osu09 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 am

My "in Review" date changed from 1/30 (I think) to 2/13. I have heard this may be the app. is going to the next reader. I hope they tell us something soon. Good or bad, I just want some news.

tom1986

Postby tom1986 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 am

AHouseDivided wrote:If only we could find a way to convert angst into electricity, prospective law students could lead us to energy independence.

From what I've seen, we're not even sure they are mailing things when they say they are. We certainly don't know if they're mailing all one flavor of response at a time. I think we all need a beer or two :)

I concur. I really don't think UW is planning on sending out all acceptances or all rejects based on date. So all of us in the 2/10 boat won't necessarily get the "ding" (or the axe). I'm 99% sure we are overestimating the amount of time the adcomm puts into this...

nepgoon

Postby nepgoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 am

tom1986 wrote:
AHouseDivided wrote:If only we could find a way to convert angst into electricity, prospective law students could lead us to energy independence.

I concur. I really don't think UW is planning on sending out all acceptances or all rejects based on date. So all of us in the 2/10 boat won't necessarily get the "ding" (or the axe). I'm 99% sure we are overestimating the amount of time the adcomm puts into this...

It's way more work to send out mixed batches of decisions . . .

TC86

Postby TC86 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 am

My mail date on the status checker said 2/11 and I received an acceptance today. I live near UW. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

EscapeIdaho

Postby EscapeIdaho » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Mail date of 2/10 and I got the rejection letter today. 168/3.35 but my first LSAT was a 157. Not sure how that factored into the decision.

mrdal

Postby mrdal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:56 pm

got the rejection letter today. I'm a bit surprised. My numbers aren't great, 163/3.8, but I thought I had a pretty good shot, especially having already been accepted at some higher ranked schools--GW and BU. Actually I'd probably trade those for UW. But oh well, such is life.

Hope it goes well for all you waiting to hear. Good luck all.

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Rejected! not at all surprised :lol:

secondshiaprince

Postby secondshiaprince » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 pm

mrdal wrote:got the rejection letter today. I'm a bit surprised. My numbers aren't great, 163/3.8, but I thought I had a pretty good shot, especially having already been accepted at some higher ranked schools--GW and BU. Actually I'd probably trade those for UW. But oh well, such is life.

Hope it goes well for all you waiting to hear. Good luck all.

If you're serious about that... tell them. Can't hurt.

simplencomplex

Postby simplencomplex » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:10 pm

my friend was accepted to UW before the school had even received the dean's cert (they accepted before the cert was even mailed from the school). But it might've been an administrative glitch (although the cert. did arrive later). So, it might not be fatal to your acceptance...

caic517

Postby caic517 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:21 am

Rejected. A tad disappointed but somewhat expecting it. At least better schools have accepted me so I won't be at a dead end with this rejection.

In state. 166/3.4.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:26 am

With the stats of some of these people that are getting rejected I am now fully prepared to get my rejection letter in the mail any day now and it won't be totally heartbreaking.

apicelp

Postby apicelp » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:34 am

kak23 wrote:With the stats of some of these people that are getting rejected I am now fully prepared to get my rejection letter in the mail any day now and it won't be totally heartbreaking.

I got in with worse. It must be about the softs.

Glamour

Postby Glamour » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 am

kak23 wrote:With the stats of some of these people that are getting rejected I am now fully prepared to get my rejection letter in the mail any day now and it won't be totally heartbreaking.

but... but... there's still hope!

scott82

Postby scott82 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:10 am

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”