University of Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mynameiswhat

Re: University of Washington

Postby mynameiswhat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm

rwong11 wrote:
Who knows. I'm in at #22, #25, #27, #32, but I am a splitter and might be in or out at Washington. I think we all need to hold our collective breath and see what the decisions (now sent in the present, lol) say.

i agree. it is way too early to assume that no decision is a bad decision. my theory is that they are processing in-state before out-of-state, meaning that there are many acceptances left to be sent.

scienara

Postby scienara » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Just got my letter! I'm in! Status checker went to "Decision letter 2/03/09", letter postmarked 2/4.

I'm so excited! I live in the northwest and would LOVE to stay up here. Congrats to everybody else so far!

Edit to add: I submitted my application on 1/12.

Looks like apply early isn't the rule at UW anyway...
Last edited by scienara on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guypal

Postby guypal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 pm

In, got my letter today :lol: Application submitted 1/13, complete on 1/21.

bingo

Postby bingo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Just went to decision. (dated 2/9 - hoping this isn't the "deny/waitlist" code)

n4sir1999

Postby n4sir1999 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:09 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?

me too...

decision letter sent 02/06

I just called about this and the lady told me: "I'm not sure how/why you're seeing that, but I'm guessing you'll get a letter next week"

what does that mean?

emoticons777

Postby emoticons777 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:
n4sir1999 wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?

me too...

I just called about this and the lady told me: "I'm not sure how/why you're seeing that, but I'm guessing you'll get a letter next week"

what does that mean?

Wow. I wish they could be more helpful :(

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:41 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:
n4sir1999 wrote:

me too...

what does that mean?

Time to enjoy a beer (or few) and wait for your letter? Yes, it sucks, but until the letters start dropping we won't know what they are.

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm still "in review" dated 01/14. :(

Like you all, I am not sure what that means. :?:

I hope it means that they are still trying to slog through all 2,400 applications that they received.

But I am really happy for everyone that has already received their acceptances, and I hope to also get an acceptance there soon! UW is a top choice for me. My numbers stink (esp. my LSAT), but I am *hoping* that my soft factors (incl. being a very non-traditional applicant) will send me over the top. As Obama says, "Got Hope"!
Last edited by seattlite on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WAsRuralTransplant

Postby WAsRuralTransplant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm

For those of you who got the Financial Aid Form, how do you plan to structure your Financial Need Statement?

Is this suppose to be an essay - like another personal statement? A short-list of our life? Or are we really supposed to argue for why we need financial aid?

Marmot

Postby Marmot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:08 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:I just called about this and the lady told me: "I'm not sure how/why you're seeing that, but I'm guessing you'll get a letter next week"

what does that mean?

It means the typical Seattle laid-back approach to everything only stresses us out more!

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Marmot wrote:
n4sir1999 wrote:I just called about this and the lady told me: "I'm not sure how/why you're seeing that, but I'm guessing you'll get a letter next week"

what does that mean?

It means the typical Seattle laid-back approach to everything only stresses us out more!

I've been meaning to ask you...just how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

Marmot

Postby Marmot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:
Marmot wrote:

what does that mean?

I've been meaning to ask you...just how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

I prefer the term "whistlepig."

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

WAsRuralTransplant wrote:For those of you who got the Financial Aid Form, how do you plan to structure your Financial Need Statement?

Is this suppose to be an essay - like another personal statement? A short-list of our life? Or are we really supposed to argue for why we need financial aid?

I am trying to figure this out as well. I wonder if it is appropriate to mention the offers that we have received from other schools? UW is my top choice, but a little extra money would make the decision easier.

b1887

Postby b1887 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I was accepted to UW yesterday and I am very excited at the prospect of returning to my alma mater! I had thought that my numbers/soft factors were not enough to get me into UW (3.6, 162, not a URM), so it was a nice surprise when I opened the mail. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Also, for those who were admitted, I plan on calling UW Monday morning to ask about the Financial Aid Statement. For those who are interested, I will post the information/response from the phonecall on Monday evening.

WAsRuralTransplant

Postby WAsRuralTransplant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm

b1887 wrote:
Also, for those who were admitted, I plan on calling UW Monday morning to ask about the Financial Aid Statement. For those who are interested, I will post the information/response from the phonecall on Monday evening.

That would be great! ...and congrats!

kalydscopeeyes

Postby kalydscopeeyes » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:24 am

Anyone else get the email from their office of financial aid, saying they received your aid application, at like, midnight tonight? lol. It says "if you are admitted," but I still got all excited.

GOB Bluth

Postby GOB Bluth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:32 am

AHHHHHH!!!

My status checker went to decision today, but it is dated 2/11/09?!?!?!? The mailings also say a letter went out (will go out?) on 2/11/09. If a decision has been made, why wait until next Wednesday to mail it???? FML

Marmot

Postby Marmot » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 am

kalydscopeeyes wrote:Anyone else get the email from their office of financial aid, saying they received your aid application, at like, midnight tonight? lol. It says "if you are admitted," but I still got all excited.

Yeah, I just saw that in my inbox this morning and rushed to check my status (still in review). I'm betting this means they received your FAFSA.

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Marmot wrote:
kalydscopeeyes wrote:Anyone else get the email from their office of financial aid, saying they received your aid application, at like, midnight tonight? lol. It says "if you are admitted," but I still got all excited.

Yeah, I just saw that in my inbox this morning and rushed to check my status (still in review). I'm betting this means they received your FAFSA.

I got an e-mail from them saying they've received mine. Good to know. But it becomes a little moot if I don't get in!! The timing on these applications is often less-than perfect.

n4sir1999

Postby n4sir1999 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:40 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Marmot wrote:

I got an e-mail from them saying they've received mine. Good to know. But it becomes a little moot if I don't get in!! The timing on these applications is often less-than perfect.

I got one too. Sent at 1:28 AM EST. However, they already sent my decision out yesterday supposedly bc my decision letter sent (under mailings) was dated 02/06/09.

tvaddicted

Postby tvaddicted » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
Marmot wrote:

Yup, same here. still under review, but they have received my fafsa.

WAHiker

Postby WAHiker » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm

"Decision" as of yesterday, waiting on the mail...

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:08 pm

WAHiker wrote:"Decision" as of yesterday, waiting on the mail...

Best of luck!

WAHiker

Postby WAHiker » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:14 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:

Best of luck!

Thanks hawkeye. It's about a block from our apartment, so that would be convenient.

Given our proximity to the school for the last few years, we know the area pretty well.
If anyone has any questions about the Seattle area, don't hesitate to ask!

newcritic

Postby newcritic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 pm

WAHiker wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:

Best of luck!

Thanks hawkeye. It's about a block from our apartment, so that would be convenient.

Given our proximity to the school for the last few years, we know the area pretty well.
If anyone has any questions about the Seattle area, don't hesitate to ask!

My wife and I have a three month old - I would like to walk/ride transit to the school. Any suggestions on neighborhoods to check out or neighborhoods to avoid?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”