University of Washington

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kbsenegal
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby kbsenegal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:06 pm

AlyoshaKmz wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?


I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.


My cracked out theory is that they send out decisions each Monday (earlier in this thread someone said that after talking to admissions) and that each decision date is a code for which letter they're sending...or something like that. My status checker changed to decision date on 1/24 on 1/26 or 27...and I know I checked it in between...plus the 24th is a Saturday.

So they probably won't be mailing your letter from the future.

emoticons777
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Re: University of Washington

Postby emoticons777 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:08 pm

AlyoshaKmz wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?


I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.

They're not funny!

User avatar
AlyoshaKmz
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby AlyoshaKmz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 pm

kbsenegal wrote:
AlyoshaKmz wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?


I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.


My cracked out theory is that they send out decisions each Monday (earlier in this thread someone said that after talking to admissions) and that each decision date is a code for which letter they're sending...or something like that. My status checker changed to decision date on 1/24 on 1/26 or 27...and I know I checked it in between...plus the 24th is a Saturday.

So they probably won't be mailing your letter from the future.


You never know, maybe adcoms at Washington developed time travel to figure out which of us turn out to be successful students and are basing their decision on that.

User avatar
pedal
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby pedal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.

kbsenegal
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby kbsenegal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 pm

pedal wrote:I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.


I hope they at least get some enjoyment out of it. Somebody should.

User avatar
n4sir1999
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby n4sir1999 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 pm

emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?



me too...

status: in review

decision letter sent 02/06

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby jcl2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:09 pm

The really strange thing is that the status checker still says "in review" despite the "decision letter" date. Waitlist maybe?

I still have decision and decision letter dated 1/18. I am anxiously waiting to check my mail when I get home at 6. Since a few people with those early decision dates living in Seattle got theirs yesterday, I figure mine should probably be here on the east side of the mountains today.

User avatar
AHouseDivided
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby AHouseDivided » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm

pedal wrote:I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.


Painful but astute observation, Pedal. I think I'll join the adcoms in a beer so that I can feel marginally less foolish :)

Edit:
I just noticed, while checking my status again like a moron (thanks, Pedal...now I notice how silly that is each time I do it), that I am also "In Review" as of 1/15/09 and have a "decision sent" note for 2/6/09.

All hail the time traveling adcoms at U Wash!

natelaw
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby natelaw » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Just got a text saying my letter is at house.....Sitting in class right now trying to decide if I should grab my stuff and drive home or wait till the end....

newman_
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:01 am

Re: University of Washington

Postby newman_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

I am in! Just for the record here are the stats: 3.94/159, white male, WA resident and did my undergrad at UW. However, I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.
Good luck everyone else!

natelaw
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby natelaw » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

still no dings right?

nepgoon
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby nepgoon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm

newman wrote:I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.


Congratulations! Mind elaborating?

Will you attend?

User avatar
jcl2
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby jcl2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Still no mail here. I thought there was a good chance it would be here today.

For those of you who got letters today: are you all in western Washington?

I guess if they sent them out Monday afternoon it would make sense for people in Seattle to get them on Tuesday, most of the rest of the west side on Wednesday, and most of the NW on Thursday. I think my mail probably gets routed through Yakima before coming to me.

newman_
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:01 am

Re: University of Washington

Postby newman_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 pm

nepgoon wrote:
newman wrote:I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.


Congratulations! Mind elaborating?

Will you attend?


I will most likely be attending, unless of course I slide through a specific "committee review" or get off a certain waitlist...

As for the softs: I have a lot of international experience in the field of human rights legal advocacy, among other things. Hope this helps.

bhut13
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby bhut13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 pm

well that gives my 160/3.7 from UW/WA resident some hope...thanks.

luckygehrig
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 am

Re: University of Washington

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natelaw
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby natelaw » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 am

Got my acceptance letter today! :) Really really excited. Was a top choice. Will probably be attending unless Gtown or Cornell let me in.

Was a small standard envelope. Im in Sultan WA (about an hour from Seattle) Took 2 days to get here.

MaiKleenex
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:39 am

Congratulations :o :o :o :o :o

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 pm

has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

User avatar
AHouseDivided
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby AHouseDivided » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 pm

C'mon Ryan, only adcoms can travel into the future. If everyone had superpowers, we'd all be adcoms.

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:C'mon Ryan, only adcoms can travel into the future. If everyone had superpowers, we'd all be adcoms.

I wouldn't, I would be out fighting crime...

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:51 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:

Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:53 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:

Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...

Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: University of Washington

Postby TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:57 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:

Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...

Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?

I'm pretty sure if I got accepted to Washington I would loose it mentally for about an hour... I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't think its to likely lol...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests