University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
emoticons777

Bronze

Re: University of Washington

Post by emoticons777 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:47 pm

newcritic wrote:
bingo wrote:
newcritic wrote:My status checker went to decision today and said that the letter was mailed. I'm 165/3.38 (out of undergrad 9 years) so it looks like I'm a reach, even being a WA resident. Here's hoping. I'm still dying to hear from LC as well (went decision on 1/28).
when did you go complete?
On the 15th - I called to make sure that my Dean's Cert letters had arrived last week and got a very curt "yes everything is complete." I don't know if that's a good sign or bad. The staff had been very talkative and VERY helpful when I contacted them before.
You're totally in.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:57 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
newcritic wrote:
bingo wrote:
newcritic wrote:My status checker went to decision today and said that the letter was mailed. I'm 165/3.38 (out of undergrad 9 years) so it looks like I'm a reach, even being a WA resident. Here's hoping. I'm still dying to hear from LC as well (went decision on 1/28).
when did you go complete?
On the 15th - I called to make sure that my Dean's Cert letters had arrived last week and got a very curt "yes everything is complete." I don't know if that's a good sign or bad. The staff had been very talkative and VERY helpful when I contacted them before.
You're totally in.
Don't tease me - I'm trying to maintain some hopeful skepticism. :) You're applying to lots of NW schools as well, right?

Fup

Bronze

Post by Fup » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Got the letter just now! Even though I knew I'd get in, it's still good to have the acceptance letter. It also came with a scholarship application that's due on the 27th of February.

scienara

New

Post by scienara » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:38 pm

My status ticker just changed to "Decision" (since this morning anyway). I only applied on Jan. 12th, so I'm thinking it's bad news, plus I'm a non-resident splitter (3.3, 170). Ugh ugh ugh.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Is it a bad sign that I am still in review considering I had initially gone under review on 1/9 and people who have applied later than that already have reached decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scienara

New

Post by scienara » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Nope. Some of the later applicants last year got dinged very, very quickly.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:43 pm

newcritic wrote:
Don't tease me - I'm trying to maintain some hopeful skepticism. :) You're applying to lots of NW schools as well, right?
Man, tough crowd. I'm just applying to UW and LC in the NW - but I figure I'll stay on the west coast.

sarcasmsslave

New

Post by sarcasmsslave » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm

WAsRuralTransplant wrote:
pedal wrote:
pedal wrote:Has anyone (else) visited the campus or met with admissions. How was your experience?
I'm originally from WA. All I can say about the campus (and the state in general) is that it's gorgeous and provides an excellent mix of city living and rural escape...

...but I'm biased.
Hey transplant. you should see it here today: one of those odd warm February days. Fifty+ degrees...sunny...mountains are all out...well, you know what I'm talking about! The rain will undoubtedly return I know but, sheesh, these days are just brilliant!
I'm from the East side (Wenatchee), but if I had to choose a major city to live in it would be Seattle (Western WA). After living in Los Angeles, D.C., and Asia, I'm done with "experiencing life in other places."

In my eyes, you can't really beat the quality of life in the Northwest. Ideally, I would love to end back on the eastern side of the mountains, but I would be content with the Seattle area...at least for a few years.
Do you live in Wenatchee now? Small world. And "World." My father is an editor at the Wenatchee World, and I went to high school in Wenatchee.

I also applied to UW, though I have not been a Washington resident for five years. It's definitely my reach school.

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Fup wrote:Got the letter just now! Even though I knew I'd get in, it's still good to have the acceptance letter. It also came with a scholarship application that's due on the 27th of February.
Nice work!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Seattle78

New

Post by Seattle78 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:23 pm

I just got my acceptance letter too. I only live a few miles from the university so it looks like the rumor was right about them being mailed out yesterday. Fyi, it comes in a normal sized envelope - not a big packet like most other schools send out. I freaked out when I first saw it because all the other responses I've gotten in small envelopes have been rejections or waitlists. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Seattle78 wrote:I just got my acceptance letter too. I only live a few miles from the university so it looks like the rumor was right about them being mailed out yesterday. Fyi, it comes in a normal sized envelope - not a big packet like most other schools send out. I freaked out when I first saw it because all the other responses I've gotten in small envelopes have been rejections or waitlists. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Boy with a 167, 3.8 and residency you must have been on pins and needles. :roll:

Seattle78

New

Post by Seattle78 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 pm

nepgoon wrote:
Seattle78 wrote:I just got my acceptance letter too. I only live a few miles from the university so it looks like the rumor was right about them being mailed out yesterday. Fyi, it comes in a normal sized envelope - not a big packet like most other schools send out. I freaked out when I first saw it because all the other responses I've gotten in small envelopes have been rejections or waitlists. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Boy with a 167, 3.8 and residency you must have been on pins and needles. :roll:
Just got waitlisted at Hastings so I don't trust any of these schools anymore...

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Seattle78 wrote:
nepgoon wrote:

Just got waitlisted at Hastings so I don't trust any of these schools anymore...

Sorry, didn't mean to touch a sore subject. Congrats on the UW acceptance, have two drinks to make up for Hastings.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WAsRuralTransplant

New

Post by WAsRuralTransplant » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am

sarcasmsslave wrote:
Do you live in Wenatchee now? Small world. And "World." My father is an editor at the Wenatchee World, and I went to high school in Wenatchee.

I also applied to UW, though I have not been a Washington resident for five years. It's definitely my reach school.
I'm in Los Angeles right now, waiting for my wife to finish her MA Ed. (done this May). I went to undergrad down here, too. So, all in all, I've been here for the better part of the last six years. Though, we come back for holidays and vacations. My folks still live in Cashmere.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 am

sarcasmsslave wrote:

I'm in Los Angeles right now, waiting for my wife to finish her MA Ed. (done this May). I went to undergrad down here, too. So, all in all, I've been here for the better part of the last six years. Though, we come back for holidays and vacations. My folks still live in Cashmere.
Cashmere -No kidding? My best friend from undergraduate (Gonzaga) was from Cashmere.

natelaw

New

Post by natelaw » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 am

God damn, My letter didnt come today... I guess tomorrow

Anyone get Dinged yet?

WAsRuralTransplant

New

Post by WAsRuralTransplant » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 am

newcritic wrote:
sarcasmsslave wrote:

Cashmere -No kidding? My best friend from undergraduate (Gonzaga) was from Cashmere.
$10.00 says I know him, haha...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 am

newcritic wrote:
sarcasmsslave wrote:

$10.00 says I know him, haha...
Your brother?

WAsRuralTransplant

New

Post by WAsRuralTransplant » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 pm

newcritic wrote:
Your brother?
Just a small town...typical everyone-knows-everyone kinda place...

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

anyone on the east coast hear today?

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

The postman doesn't ring for me until 5 pm.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ben1185

New

Post by ben1185 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Accepted yesterday. I live in Seattle.

UW was a safety in case my tops didn't come through (because it is cheap) so I'll be withdrawing soon.

Also, as an FYI, they state in an addendum to the acceptance that there's a chance they will need to increase tuition (probably because of the state of the state's economy... no pun intended).

Good luck to the rest of you all!

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 pm

My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?

AlyoshaKmz

New

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:57 pm

emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.

ClemsonGrad

New

Post by ClemsonGrad » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:02 pm

I am also "In Review" with a decision letter date 2/06.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”