University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pubintrst

New

Re: University of Washington

Post by pubintrst » Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Tubaman543 wrote:In today via email.

Waitlisted 3/26 group.

Congrats Tuba! Attending I assume?

you

New

Post by you » Tue May 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Also in today via email. This complicates my decision yet again! I thought I knew where I was going, barring admission from UMich or Northwestern waitlist... hmmmm

Tubaman543

New

Post by Tubaman543 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:55 pm

pubintrst wrote:
Tubaman543 wrote:In today via email.

Waitlisted 3/26 group.

Congrats Tuba! Attending I assume?
Indeed I will be. Is my first choice!

pubintrst

New

Post by pubintrst » Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 am

you wrote:Also in today via email. This complicates my decision yet again! I thought I knew where I was going, barring admission from UMich or Northwestern waitlist... hmmmm
Prior to the UW admit where were you leaning? UIUC?

you

New

Post by you » Wed May 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Yes, I was planning on UIUC, but even Univ of Washington's out-of-state tuition is cheaper than what I would pay at UIUC, even with $10,000 scholarship/year. Plus, Washington has that professional student waiver where I could (hopefully) get in-state tuition after the first year. Their tuition is a lot cheaper than Illinois. I can see pros and cons on both sides. Not sure where I want to practice after law school though.. I know that would help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pubintrst

New

Post by pubintrst » Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Where do you live currently, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been in the PNW for the last ten years and it is really great, though the rain can suck of course. I grew up, and still have all of my family, in the mid-atlantic region. I am back here right now and was planning on Temple prior to UW acceptance.

Having made my decision already, I am very confident that I prefer the west coast for living right now. I may return east eventually, but Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, and San Francisco are all pretty high on my list of great cities. I spent the last 10 years in Olympia, WA. Cool as Olympia is, I am looking forward to a more urban lifestyle while attending the UW.

Glad that you got in though, it's always nice to have luxury problems to ponder.

Sannerbr

New

Post by Sannerbr » Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Just Curious:

For those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, what date did your letter say that they would likely start accepting people? Mine is in late June. It seems like they might be dipping into the WL a little early, which might be a good sign for me.

Also, since their WL is ranked, would you mind posting #'s? I would like to get a picture of how far off a possible acceptance for me would be.

Thanks all.

you

New

Post by you » Wed May 06, 2009 6:57 pm

pubintrst wrote:Where do you live currently, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been in the PNW for the last ten years and it is really great, though the rain can suck of course. I grew up, and still have all of my family, in the mid-atlantic region. I am back here right now and was planning on Temple prior to UW acceptance.

Having made my decision already, I am very confident that I prefer the west coast for living right now. I may return east eventually, but Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, and San Francisco are all pretty high on my list of great cities. I spent the last 10 years in Olympia, WA. Cool as Olympia is, I am looking forward to a more urban lifestyle while attending the UW.

Glad that you got in though, it's always nice to have luxury problems to ponder.
I live in Florida now, so whether I choose Illinois or Washington, it's going to be a big change. One thing that I don't like about Washington state is how FAR it is from my family (in Florida). I hate the thought of long flights every time I want to visit! But, that's not the biggest factor in my decision. I really want to visit both Seattle and Champaign and I think that would make my decision. HOpefully I'll be able to swing it..

you

New

Post by you » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Sannerbr wrote:Just Curious:

For those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, what date did your letter say that they would likely start accepting people? Mine is in late June. It seems like they might be dipping into the WL a little early, which might be a good sign for me.

Also, since their WL is ranked, would you mind posting #'s? I would like to get a picture of how far off a possible acceptance for me would be.

Thanks all.
Sorry, can't find my letter at the moment to tell you when they said they'd start accepting people from the WL.
My numbers are 160/3.93, and 5 years work experience (not sure how much they care about that).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheReignmaker

New

Post by TheReignmaker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Ok, so I've been "In Review" for the last 15 days or so. Today the status checker doesn't say anything. No "In Review." No "Decision Mailed." All it says is "Term: Fall," "Program Time: Full Time." Pretty sure that's been there the whole time, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm from Washington, but the UW is definitely a reach for me. Got some sweet $$$ offered from Gonzaga, but I'd absolutely love going to UW with in-state.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:07 pm

TheReignmaker wrote:Ok, so I've been "In Review" for the last 15 days or so. Today the status checker doesn't say anything. No "In Review." No "Decision Mailed." All it says is "Term: Fall," "Program Time: Full Time." Pretty sure that's been there the whole time, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm from Washington, but the UW is definitely a reach for me. Got some sweet $$$ offered from Gonzaga, but I'd absolutely love going to UW with in-state.
This is last years UW thread. You want this one: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=1150

Good luck by the way.

Noli1

New

Post by Noli1 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Can anyone pm me any past contracts exams from Professor Pardo from the UWSL exam bank?? Would be much appreciated!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”