IN at Lewis & Clark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
emoticons777

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby emoticons777 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

joobacca wrote:
DizzeeRascal wrote:L and C was awesome, but i really want to go to a law school that also has an undergrad school so i can make teh sex0r with freshmen girls. So U of O wins in my opinion. And yeah they both seemed comprable in job placement, and UofO is only 45 minutes at most away from portland.

doesn't l&c have an ug?

Yes

katjust

Postby katjust » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

what is teh sex0r?

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm

DizzeeRascal wrote:L and C was awesome, but i really want to go to a law school that also has an undergrad school so i can make teh sex0r with freshmen girls. So U of O wins in my opinion. And yeah they both seemed comprable in job placement, and UofO is only 45 minutes at most away from portland.

I am thinking that this might be a joke, but in case it isn't: U of O is two hours from Portland and Lewis and Clark does have an undergrad. If impressing 18 year old girls with the fact that you are going to law school is really your goal, there should be plenty of them for you in Portland, but I don't think that is a very good reason to go to law school.

ShelleyVA

Postby ShelleyVA » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 pm

You're crazy. 45 minutes from Eugene to Portland? Were you in a spaceship?

Anyway, as far as people asking about job prospects for UO vs. L & C, I can only give some anecdotal evidence, but maybe it will help. My boss is a UO grad and he practices in the Eugene area. He has told me on multiple occasions that while Lewis and Clark may be ranked higher, it doesn't place significantly better than UO. He says this is because UO is bigger (undergrad included), so with more UO grads than LC grads, you have more networking opportunities. I have no idea if this is true or not, but he is convinced it is.

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:37 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:

Anyway, as far as people asking about job prospects for UO vs. L & C, I can only give some anecdotal evidence, but maybe it will help. My boss is a UO grad and he practices in the Eugene area. He has told me on multiple occasions that while Lewis and Clark may be ranked higher, it doesn't place significantly better than UO. He says this is because UO is bigger (undergrad included), so with more UO grads than LC grads, you have more networking opportunities. I have no idea if this is true or not, but he is convinced it is.

I heard essentially the same thing from the people I have talked too...

pdx1

Postby pdx1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
ShelleyVA wrote:

I heard essentially the same thing from the people I have talked too...

There is no way eugene is 45 min from portland. salem is nearly 45 min from portland, and eugene is about another hour. Think an hour and 45 minutes.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... F8&t=h&z=8

DizzeeRascal

Postby DizzeeRascal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 pm

i was drunk during the trip so i could be wrong :D

scienara

Postby scienara » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Are you thinking of Salem? Eugene is more like 2 hours from Portland.

IpunchedCharlieRose

Postby IpunchedCharlieRose » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

The date on my status checker changed yesterday. I'm still just complete, though.

EscapingIndiana

Postby EscapingIndiana » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

How is it that some people who went complete only a week ago and who have lower numbers than I do have already been accepted. Damn you, LSN!

beepermad

Postby beepermad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:How is it that some people who went complete only a week ago and who have lower numbers than I do have already been accepted. Damn you, LSN!

I wrote them a love letter/LOCI today. To summarize:

"Dear L&C,

I totally dig your bod. You'd like mine, too.

Love,

Your Shnookums"

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:06 pm

beepermad wrote:
EscapingIndiana wrote:How is it that some people who went complete only a week ago and who have lower numbers than I do have already been accepted. Damn you, LSN!

"Dear L&C,

Love,

Your Shnookums"

that is a pretty bad loci.

beepermad

Postby beepermad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 pm

joobacca wrote:
beepermad wrote:

"Dear L&C,

Love,

Your Shnookums"

that is a pretty bad loci.

Summary.

Nemy

Postby Nemy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm

joobacca wrote:
beepermad wrote:that is a pretty bad loci.

Depends on who's reading it...

scienara

Postby scienara » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Got a big white packet today, and the real one this time! Applied 1/12, complete 1/29, changed to complete again 2/8.

I applied for the evening division and got in with $20K/year, which is almost a full ride. So I guess they still have some scholarship $ laying around.

This is going to be such a tough decision. I love Portland and don't want to leave, my husband has a good job here, and practically free law school to boot...eep.

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:58 pm

scienara wrote:Got a big white packet today, and the real one this time! Applied 1/12, complete 1/29, changed to complete again 2/8.

I applied for the evening division and got in with $20K/year, which is almost a full ride. So I guess they still have some scholarship $ laying around.

This is going to be such a tough decision. I love Portland and don't want to leave, my husband has a good job here, and practically free law school to boot...eep.

congrats. i also went complete again on 2/8. i hope i get admitted with a nice scholarship like you did.

kalydscopeeyes

Postby kalydscopeeyes » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:04 pm

scienara wrote:congrats. i also went complete again on 2/8. i hope i get admitted with a nice scholarship like you did.

Me too... I never went to Decision and went complete (again) 2/8 after being complete forever.

Whitty

Postby Whitty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Congrats scienara!!!

Bsoo

Postby Bsoo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Thought I would ask here hoping someone would know-
The stats on career prospects after graduating from L&C specifically for Environmental Law? I have gotten into schools (t20 and t14) that are also respected in environmental law, and to be honest, their career placement stats are more transparent. But I absolutely love L&C and want to go there the most---!

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Bsoo wrote:Thought I would ask here hoping someone would know-
The stats on career prospects after graduating from L&C specifically for Environmental Law? I have gotten into schools (t20 and t14) that are also respected in environmental law, and to be honest, their career placement stats are more transparent. But I absolutely love L&C and want to go there the most---!

Are you mad?

tvaddicted

Postby tvaddicted » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:
Bsoo wrote:Thought I would ask here hoping someone would know-

Are you mad?

LOL

AHouseDivided

Postby AHouseDivided » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Oh, and awesome new avatar, Whitty!

Whitty

Postby Whitty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:21 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:Oh, and awesome new avatar, Whitty!

Thanks! Its one of my favorite movies :oops:

checkingandchecking

Postby checkingandchecking » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Well I got in to the PT evening program. No money but still nice to hear. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for an answer. I never had a login for the status checker so I don't know when it was updated to what, but I sent my app. on the 14th of December or thereabouts.

Bsoo

Postby Bsoo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Sorry- am I mad for not automatically going to a t14 or t20 over L&C or the other way around? I know 100% I want to do environmental law- and this isn't a hypothetical question---

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”