IN at Lewis & Clark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EscapingIndiana
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby EscapingIndiana » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Still nothing here. I've gone complete 3 times. I submitted all my apps back in late November, and they went complete in mid-December.

I've only heard back from 1/8 schools, which seems odd.

L&C is definitely still choice #1, even with little to no scholarship.

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:34 pm

I have not heard back either and I applied in mid December which is worrying me a bit... Hopefully I get in or else it will be quite the blow to my ego :roll:

User avatar
EscapeIdaho
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby EscapeIdaho » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:51 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:Still nothing here. I've gone complete 3 times. I submitted all my apps back in late November, and they went complete in mid-December.

I've only heard back from 1/8 schools, which seems odd.

L&C is definitely still choice #1, even with little to no scholarship.


I was going to say you ripped off my sn but then I looked at your join date and realized that I ripped you off. Oh well, no points for creativity for me.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys will be fine, L&C seems to have a rather odd admissions process. I kind of wish I had never found their status checker, it's just confusing. FWIW, I applied in mid-December and my #s are 168/3.35. I supposedly had a decision on 1/15ish (I forget the date now) and when complete for the second time on 1/21. I got my decision letter yesterday and it was postmarked 2/9. If I had never looked at that status checker I would not have worried needlessly about that. Hope some of that is helpful or comforting. Oh and the acceptance packet came in what appeared to be the same big white packet that the practical skills booklet came in but you all probably already know about that.

User avatar
jrh
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:05 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby jrh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:42 pm

tchadwick wrote:Cool, I will definitely see you at the AS-not-W! Congrats!! By the way, I love your avatar. Is it from something specific that I would know??



yay, i'll be excited to see folks from tls there. congrats on your admit as well!

i wish i had a great story for my avatar, but it's just something i google imaged. i do love trees, though. i'll be the one at the l&c visit w/ one tattooed on my arm (in a very professional way of course).

beachcomber
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby beachcomber » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 pm

In with 25K per year! Complete 01/28/09. 162 and 169/3.72

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:35 pm

any one else hear from them today?

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 pm

So I probably should have posted this earlier but someone in admissions at L&C told me that they don’t update any information on their status checker besides telling you that you are complete. So basically it changing back and forth doesn’t mean anything according to the person I talked to.

rwong11
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby rwong11 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 pm

I got a call from a LC professor today, encouraging me to go. I've been very impressed with the school's friendliness...

leron
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby leron » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:53 pm

i also got a call from a 2L last night. appreciate the friendliness.

User avatar
radical4peace
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby radical4peace » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:So I probably should have posted this earlier but someone in admissions at L&C told me that they don’t update any information on their status checker besides telling you that you are complete. So basically it changing back and forth doesn’t mean anything according to the person I talked to.


Hmm, that is good to know. Thanks for the info!

User avatar
beepermad
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby beepermad » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 am

Congrats to everyone! I was deferred at L&C. But hopefully I can see some of you in the fall...especially if the admissions committee responds well to bear hugs. Because I have plenty.

natelaw
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby natelaw » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Don't sweat the status tracker too much, mine went to decision processed, stayed there for I think two weeks, then changed back to complete. About a week after that I got accepted via snail mail with 23,000/year... and my tracker still shows complete. Go figure

User avatar
sconnie86
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby sconnie86 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:40 am

i was denied last week, w a 3.43 158. oh well

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Deferred via email a few moments ago. Status checker still shows complete with a new date of 2/15/09.

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm

kimber1028 wrote:Deferred via email a few moments ago. Status checker still shows complete with a new date of 2/15/09.

I was also differed... Little surprised but not terribly upset because I probably would not have attended without a substantial scholarship...

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:Deferred via email a few moments ago. Status checker still shows complete with a new date of 2/15/09.

I was also differed... Little surprised but not terribly upset because I probably would not have attended without a substantial scholarship...


Wow; really? With your numbers? It's frustrating... I wonder what rhyme and reason L&C has this year, looking at LSN....

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

kimber1028 wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:Deferred via email a few moments ago. Status checker still shows complete with a new date of 2/15/09.

I was also differed... Little surprised but not terribly upset because I probably would not have attended without a substantial scholarship...


Wow; really? With your numbers? It's frustrating... I wonder what rhyme and reason L&C has this year, looking at LSN....


:lol: I knew a URM Girl last year that was outright rejected with a 160/ 3.95... Who the hell knows what they are looking for, maybe there was something wrong with my app, maybe they had a lot of qualified applicants, or maybe they just didnt feel like it :wink: L&C would have been nice to see an acceptance from but if I stay in Oregon I'm going to go to U of O and that was not going to change unless L&C brought a huge offer...

User avatar
Mitchske
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby Mitchske » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:40 pm

These numbers from L&C are really starting to scare me...I thought I had a reasonable chance to get in, but now I'm not so sure.

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Just another decision that was made for me :lol:

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby joobacca » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

they are hippies... man. always unreliable

EDIT: given your other acceptances, will you withdraw from lc?
Last edited by joobacca on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheRyanocerous
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby TheRyanocerous » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Mitchske wrote:These numbers from L&C are really starting to scare me...I thought I had a reasonable chance to get in, but now I'm not so sure.

I was reasonably sure I had been differed or rejected when everyone around me on LSN started getting letters... Looking at previous years they seem to differ a lot of people and then admit maybe 1/3 of the people they differ...

kimberbug
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimberbug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I was just deferred as well. I have already been accepted at higher ranked schools, so I am really not sure what LC is looking for. Maybe they are deferring people to give the adcoms more time to make decisions?

chris0406
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby chris0406 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:09 pm

That's so weird, how is L&C choosing students this year?
On LSN-people with LSAT score lower than 155 and GPA in the lower 25% got accepted this year.
I still have not heard anything yet, but
Good luck to the rest of you

User avatar
DizzeeRascal
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby DizzeeRascal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
Mitchske wrote:These numbers from L&C are really starting to scare me...I thought I had a reasonable chance to get in, but now I'm not so sure.

I was reasonably sure I had been differed or rejected when everyone around me on LSN started getting letters... Looking at previous years they seem to differ a lot of people and then admit maybe 1/3 of the people they differ...


Did you get the practical skills booklet?

sorry you didnt get in.

User avatar
lbeezy
Posts: 2639
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby lbeezy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 am

I feel like they're big teases.

Practical Skills booklet? Check.

Anything else? NOT CHECK




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”