IN at Lewis & Clark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
joobacca

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby joobacca » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 pm

PRACTICAL SKILLS

the envelope was pretty gigantic compared to the little packet inside

lbeezy

Postby lbeezy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm

joobacca wrote:PRACTICAL SKILLS

Exactly. TEASE. BIG TEASE.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 pm

chris0406 wrote:I'm sorry about the news. You have a really good GPA and I thought L&C loves those!
Good luck with other schools.
Does your status still say "application complete?"
Can I ask when you submitted everything ?

Thanks for the G/L!

My application status still says "Application Complete"
I submitted on 10/28 and went complete on 11/25.

Whitty

Postby Whitty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:57 am

lbeezy wrote:

+1, wtf I hate getting my heart rate up for nothing!

radical4peace

Postby radical4peace » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:29 am

I am glad that I had already read about the pamphlet on this board so I knew what to expect... Still, a little piece of me was like "Maybe?" But no. Just the pamphlet. I only went complete on 1/22 so I think I will have a while to wait...

pdennis1000

Postby pdennis1000 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 am

veritas85 wrote:
abc123456 wrote:sorry to hear - timing of these things with the status checker changes is strange

yea it was unexpected because my Status Checker didn't change to "decision rendered"

Yeah, they threw the same curveball at me. Sorry to hear you got dinged too.

EscapingIndiana

Postby EscapingIndiana » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm

veritas85 wrote:
veritas85 wrote:My sis called to let me know I have something from L&C at home, it's totally gonna be the practical skills thing. :?

Well I was wrong, it was a very nicely written rejection.

Sorry to hear... your GPA is excellent. What was your major? My GPA is a very mediocre 3.40, but I'm wondering if the biochemistry major will help. I've seen very few science majors on these forums. I'd venture that no more than 10% of the applicants are in the biological sciences.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:01 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:
veritas85 wrote:
veritas85 wrote:My sis called to let me know I have something from L&C at home, it's totally gonna be the practical skills thing. :?

Well I was wrong, it was a very nicely written rejection.

Sorry to hear... your GPA is excellent. What was your major? My GPA is a very mediocre 3.40, but I'm wondering if the biochemistry major will help. I've seen very few science majors on these forums. I'd venture that no more than 10% of the applicants are in the biological sciences.

I think your major will help. I was a social science major, but I don't think it will discount my GPA because of the rigor of my Core requirements. I think it's just my LSAT that's getting in the way. Which was expected.

The rejection letter said something like: Many of the people rejected have very successful law school careers. If you find yourself succeeding, please consider us for transferring.

To me it sounded like: We think you might be smart, but we want to let someone else take the risk of accepting you. If we were wrong, we'll take it back. haha

crystalhawkeye

Postby crystalhawkeye » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Well, I got a big envelope from the admissions department today... and a small-sized pamphlet of Practical Skills Info. I now share everyone else's ire.

veritas85 wrote:Well I was wrong, it was a very nicely written rejection.

Sorry to hear about that, veritas. When you kick ass next year, send them a letter, not to transfer, just to show them that they fucked up.

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Well, I got a big envelope from the admissions department today... and a small-sized pamphlet of Practical Skills Info. I now share everyone else's ire.

Sorry to hear about that, veritas. When you kick ass next year, send them a letter, not to transfer, just to show them that they fucked up.

L&C seems to be weird about admissions... The numbers are not everything to them... I knew one person that was rejected with a 161 and one person that was accepted with a 157 last year with the same GPA... who knows what they are looking for...

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:Well, I got a big envelope from the admissions department today... and a small-sized pamphlet of Practical Skills Info. I now share everyone else's ire.

L&C seems to be weird about admissions... The numbers are not everything to them... I knew one person that was rejected with a 161 and one person that was accepted with a 157 last year with the same GPA... who knows what they are looking for...

good to hear because my gpa blows

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Admissions told me that they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT... So also something to take into account... All I'm saying is that they seem to be a bit wacky…

katjust

Postby katjust » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 pm

I will agree that there is something wacky about them. Their scholarship money is not obvious to figure out either. It clearly is not based solely on index numbers simply by looking at LSN.

I do not mean bad when I say wacky. I am sure there is a good reason for what they do. It may have to do with diversity.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:49 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:Admissions told me that they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT... So also something to take into account... All I'm saying is that they seem to be a bit wacky…

I wonder what was wrong with my application then, if this is true. I would of thought I could of gotten a PT WL, at least. But I got some other unexpected WL.

Maybe I wasn't "progressive" enough for them.

abc123456

Postby abc123456 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm

when will these decision processed decisions come?

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 pm

katjust wrote:I will agree that there is something wacky about them. Their scholarship money is not obvious to figure out either. It clearly is not based solely on index numbers simply by looking at LSN.

I do not mean bad when I say wacky. I am sure there is a good reason for what they do. It may have to do with diversity.

No its not bad at all its just unpredictable...

abc123456

Postby abc123456 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm

someone just got accepted on LSN

TheRyanocerous

Postby TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:56 pm

abc123456 wrote:someone just got accepted on LSN

It looks like there have been a couple rejections and a couple acceptances today... Both the acceptances were from people who sent in their apps in early October however...

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:58 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
abc123456 wrote:someone just got accepted on LSN

It looks like there have been a couple rejections and a couple acceptances today... Both the acceptances were from people who sent in their apps in early October however...

i want to know why my applicant went complete twice. i hate this tom foolery

BryanLaw

Postby BryanLaw » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:04 pm

lbeezy wrote:

Luckily I had 0 Hope what I got my LC giant packet....Practical skills pamphlet strikes again!
Last edited by BryanLaw on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlyoshaKmz

Postby AlyoshaKmz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:08 pm

veritas85 wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:Admissions told me that they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT... So also something to take into account... All I'm saying is that they seem to be a bit wacky…

I wonder what was wrong with my application then, if this is true. I would of thought I could of gotten a PT WL, at least. But I got some other unexpected WL.

Maybe I wasn't "progressive" enough for them.

Arguing in favor of racial superiority and against environmental regulation probably didn't win you too many points.

chilerelleno

Postby chilerelleno » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

yes the practical skills pamphlet strikes AGAIN!

i knew what to expect after reading about you guys though. thanks, i knew not to have a heart attack at that 8.5x11" envelope. i get pissed when my parents get mail that size now.

abc123456

Postby abc123456 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

acceptances today by mail or phone?

AlyoshaKmz

Postby AlyoshaKmz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Well, now I'm just hoping I get the practical skills packet as opposed to nothing. It'll be bittersweet, I think.

Mitchske

Postby Mitchske » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:24 pm

I received the Practical Skills packet too, but since I just went complete I didn't expect a decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”