IN at Lewis & Clark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby tchadwick » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:35 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Just checked my status for the first time in a week (I fasted...) and it now says Decision Processed on the 28th. So I should know sometime this week!


I was a "Decision Processed" on 1/28, also! We can cross our fingers, hold our breath, & anxiously await responses together. I see you are still waiting on College of William & Mary, as well. Me too...

Hope to hear good news from you soon!

User avatar
crystalhawkeye
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby crystalhawkeye » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:38 pm

tchadwick wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:Just checked my status for the first time in a week (I fasted...) and it now says Decision Processed on the 28th. So I should know sometime this week!


I was a "Decision Processed" on 1/28, also! We can cross our fingers, hold our breath, & anxiously await responses together. I see you are still waiting on College of William & Mary, as well. Me too...

Hope to hear good news from you soon!

Ha, thanks chadwick. It'd be best if the good news were all around, so here's hoping!

User avatar
Whitty
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby Whitty » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Just checked my status for the first time in a week (I fasted...) and it now says Decision Processed on the 28th. So I should know sometime this week!



Ohhhh I hope its good news CH!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

newcritic
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby newcritic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 pm

katjust wrote:It probably only shows your first choice. Besides, the FT program is more difficult to get into anyway. I can't see you being denied to the PT and being admitted to the FT.

To the person who asked before, I will be attending the ASW. I will probably stop by the other two Oregon law schools on the way there as well.

I know this has been asked before (I think), but who is leaning toward (or decided on) L&C right now? My family thinks that the school is a good fit for me, and my wife definitely wants to live in Portland. I am leaning toward the school, but I see good reasons to go somewhere else also...I guess the visits should help.


I visited all three schools in December and came away with positive views of all - U of O had (by far) the nicest facilities and, depending on the second you ask me, is probably my first choice. At Williamette, I ended up spending two hours visiting with the very cool, very helpful asst. direct of admission about a host of topics and comie away with a positive impression of the ethos of the program. It's a tier three school, but they seem to do a lot of work very early on in your first year to connect you with internships and other experiences to help you with the job search three years later. Also, Salem is where the sausage is made, if you're interested in politics. I really like the setting at L&C and feel that it would give me the best job prospects, though living and getting to the school seems like it will be much more difficult than in Salem (lower property values) and UofO (amazing public transportation system).

All that being said, so far I've only been accepted at Willamette. I continue to suffer waiting for notification from Lewis and Clark. Sigh...

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 pm

newcritic wrote:
katjust wrote:It probably only shows your first choice. Besides, the FT program is more difficult to get into anyway. I can't see you being denied to the PT and being admitted to the FT.

To the person who asked before, I will be attending the ASW. I will probably stop by the other two Oregon law schools on the way there as well.

I know this has been asked before (I think), but who is leaning toward (or decided on) L&C right now? My family thinks that the school is a good fit for me, and my wife definitely wants to live in Portland. I am leaning toward the school, but I see good reasons to go somewhere else also...I guess the visits should help.


I visited all three schools in December and came away with positive views of all - U of O had (by far) the nicest facilities and, depending on the second you ask me, is probably my first choice. At Williamette, I ended up spending two hours visiting with the very cool, very helpful asst. direct of admission about a host of topics and comie away with a positive impression of the ethos of the program. It's a tier three school, but they seem to do a lot of work very early on in your first year to connect you with internships and other experiences to help you with the job search three years later. Also, Salem is where the sausage is made, if you're interested in politics. I really like the setting at L&C and feel that it would give me the best job prospects, though living and getting to the school seems like it will be much more difficult than in Salem (lower property values) and UofO (amazing public transportation system).

All that being said, so far I've only been accepted at Willamette. I continue to suffer waiting for notification from Lewis and Clark. Sigh...


Note: I live in Portland and use public transportation constantly... very impressed with the system here. I'm planning on commuting from the SW suburbs via Trimet if I get in. I actually went to UG at U of O and wasn't too thrilled with the bus system, though they may have updated it substantially within the past five years or so.

newcritic
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby newcritic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 pm

kimber1028 wrote:
newcritic wrote:
katjust wrote:It probably only shows your first choice. Besides, the FT program is more difficult to get into anyway. I can't see you being denied to the PT and being admitted to the FT.

To the person who asked before, I will be attending the ASW. I will probably stop by the other two Oregon law schools on the way there as well.

I know this has been asked before (I think), but who is leaning toward (or decided on) L&C right now? My family thinks that the school is a good fit for me, and my wife definitely wants to live in Portland. I am leaning toward the school, but I see good reasons to go somewhere else also...I guess the visits should help.


I visited all three schools in December and came away with positive views of all - U of O had (by far) the nicest facilities and, depending on the second you ask me, is probably my first choice. At Williamette, I ended up spending two hours visiting with the very cool, very helpful asst. direct of admission about a host of topics and comie away with a positive impression of the ethos of the program. It's a tier three school, but they seem to do a lot of work very early on in your first year to connect you with internships and other experiences to help you with the job search three years later. Also, Salem is where the sausage is made, if you're interested in politics. I really like the setting at L&C and feel that it would give me the best job prospects, though living and getting to the school seems like it will be much more difficult than in Salem (lower property values) and UofO (amazing public transportation system).

All that being said, so far I've only been accepted at Willamette. I continue to suffer waiting for notification from Lewis and Clark. Sigh...


Note: I live in Portland and use public transportation constantly... very impressed with the system here. I'm planning on commuting from the SW suburbs via Trimet if I get in. I actually went to UG at U of O and wasn't too thrilled with the bus system, though they may have updated it substantially within the past five years or so.


Just to clarify my comment about TriMet/Max. I think Portland's system is amazing, especially given its size. Looking at LC's location and reading some of the blogs on their website, however, it seems that the school is in a difficult place to reach by bus. Also, the property values around the school are pretty high and riding a bike from near by requires a lot of uphill peddling. U of O's school is on several bus lines and Eugue is much smaller with lots of bike path options (plus its a lot flatter).

Of course, I know Eugene a lot better than Portland (in-laws live there) so this could just be some latent bias rearing its ugly head.

bobothecat
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby bobothecat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi,

For those who have visited, is a car a necessity for L&C? If I attend, it would be for the evening part time program which would mean commuting at night. I don't own a car now nor have I visited portland....do people get by without?

Thanks!!

newcritic
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby newcritic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 pm

bobothecat wrote:Hi,

For those who have visited, is a car a necessity for L&C? If I attend, it would be for the evening part time program which would mean commuting at night. I don't own a car now nor have I visited portland....do people get by without?

Thanks!!


Guessing from the size of the parking lot at LC, I would imagine most people don't drive. Because of Portland's extensive pub trans system, though I'm sure you can get there from most parts of the area, it just may take awhile.

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm going to sit in on a nighttime class on 2/9... I'll let you know if the parking lot empties out at night. My guess is that it's a lot tougher to find a parking spot in the middle of the day. The nice thing about TriMet is that there are park and rides all over the city... you could probably park at Barbur Blvd Transit Center (approx. 3-4 miles from L&C) and ride a bus up there. It currently takes me about 20 minutes to ride the bus downtown from BBTC, so it would likely only take 10-15 minutes to get to L&C. Check out http://trimet.org to see what line you'd have to take to get there... it'll give you a pretty exact time estimate, as well.

chris0406
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby chris0406 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Do you know how long your sit in for the night class will last? I'm assuming it'll be shorter than the day one because the tour will not be included?

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 pm

chris0406 wrote:Do you know how long your sit in for the night class will last? I'm assuming it'll be shorter than the day one because the tour will not be included?


Tour is included. I'm scheduled to meet with an admissions officer at 5pm to begin with before the tour at 5:30 and the class at 6pm. Per the schedule they sent me, I can expect to be out of there at 7pm. I'll be sitting in on a civil procedure class.

bobothecat
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby bobothecat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Would love to hear of your experience/opinion on 2/9!

scienara
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby scienara » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 am

bobothecat wrote:Hi,

For those who have visited, is a car a necessity for L&C? If I attend, it would be for the evening part time program which would mean commuting at night. I don't own a car now nor have I visited portland....do people get by without?

Thanks!!



I don't know that the bus line out to L&C runs late enough, and if it does you will still be facing some serious wait time for connections at that time. Night students can park in the staff lot, according to the admissions lady I talked to last week.

Although Portland overall is a great place for public transit, L&C's somewhat secluded southwest location is not well-served. If you're not going to have a car, I would recommend trying to find a place to live within biking distance -- look for places in Burlingame or near SW Terwilliger. The bus to/from L&C doesn't even run after 7pm. They do have their own shuttle, but I'm not sure what the hours are.

Other close-by southwest neighborhoods: Multnomah Village, Hillsdale, John's Landing (which is near, but has a very, very steep hill between it and L&C). Garden Home isn't too much farther.

However, nightlife is better on the east side. Sellwood is a great neighborhood and a very quick commute.

Bus info:
http://trimet.org/schedules/r039.htm

Hope this was helpful.

scienara
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby scienara » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:24 am

kimber1028 wrote:he nice thing about TriMet is that there are park and rides all over the city... you could probably park at Barbur Blvd Transit Center (approx. 3-4 miles from L&C) and ride a bus up there.


Just F everybody's I, the only bus that goes up to L&C is the 39, and that only goes to/from the Hillsdale area.

Ooh, found the info for the shuttle. It's not too bad at all:

http://www.lclark.edu/dept/parking/obje ... ll2008.pdf

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:08 am

Thanks for the specifics. :) I ride the 12 daily, and knew the 39 connected, but hadn't taken a look at the schedule. I appreciate the info!

pdx1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby pdx1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:17 pm

scienara wrote:
bobothecat wrote:Hi,

For those who have visited, is a car a necessity for L&C? If I attend, it would be for the evening part time program which would mean commuting at night. I don't own a car now nor have I visited portland....do people get by without?

Thanks!!



I don't know that the bus line out to L&C runs late enough, and if it does you will still be facing some serious wait time for connections at that time. Night students can park in the staff lot, according to the admissions lady I talked to last week.

Although Portland overall is a great place for public transit, L&C's somewhat secluded southwest location is not well-served. If you're not going to have a car, I would recommend trying to find a place to live within biking distance -- look for places in Burlingame or near SW Terwilliger. The bus to/from L&C doesn't even run after 7pm. They do have their own shuttle, but I'm not sure what the hours are.

Other close-by southwest neighborhoods: Multnomah Village, Hillsdale, John's Landing (which is near, but has a very, very steep hill between it and L&C). Garden Home isn't too much farther.

However, nightlife is better on the east side. Sellwood is a great neighborhood and a very quick commute.

Bus info:
http://trimet.org/schedules/r039.htm

Hope this was helpful.


+1, Living in SW sucks. Live in SE.

abc123456
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby abc123456 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:04 pm

do they have an admitted students site?

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby kimber1028 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:08 pm

abc123456 wrote:do they have an admitted students site?


Yes, they do. It can be found at: http://www.lclark.edu/LAW/ADMIT2009/login/.

katjust
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby katjust » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm

I've seen the admitted student login site, but I've been admitted and not received any login number. Maybe those are yet to be released, or I somehow missed it in my acceptance packet.

abc123456
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby abc123456 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:06 pm

any more news today?

User avatar
ivesetsail
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby ivesetsail » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 pm

got my acceptance letter today with scholarship offer.

abc123456
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby abc123456 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 pm

when did you go to 'decision processed'?

User avatar
ivesetsail
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby ivesetsail » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Status checker says "decision processed" on 1/12 and the letter is dated 1/26.

User avatar
AlyoshaKmz
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby AlyoshaKmz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:37 pm

Congrats on that!

User avatar
ivesetsail
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Postby ivesetsail » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks, pretty pumped about it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dojodawg, RictusErectus and 5 guests