IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crystalhawkeye

Silver

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by crystalhawkeye » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 pm

I didn't get any scholarship. LSAT is about their median, GPA above 75th. Honestly, I thought I might get something.

gangreen29

New

Post by gangreen29 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 pm

I applied over a month after newcritic, maybe that is why they got money offered and I got the stupid letter saying they are out of money. I think anyone who went to a decision recently still has hope for money. That letter better not just be some big lie though, lol. Oh well, I just found out I got substantial money at Temple and Syracuse, that eases the sting a bit.

Nemy

New

Post by Nemy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 pm

I think it all depends on when the decision was made... L&C could very well be out of scholarship money. But for those of us that had a decision processed before February, it definitely looks like we had a higher chance of receiving funds.

For those that just got notified by snail mail, what was the posted date? I, for one, have still not received my package but was kindly sent scanned attachments dated February 3. So hopefully for the rest of you, more letters are trickling in with money offers.

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 am

My status checker still says "complete" but also updated to today's date... I wanna know!

DizzeeRascal

New

Post by DizzeeRascal » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:12 am

has anyone considered that the change it dates might have to do with when they receive FAFSA information from you or something?

also has anyone who had there complete status changed multiple times been rejected? or heard anything for that matter?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 am

DizzeeRascal wrote:has anyone considered that the change it dates might have to do with when they receive FAFSA information from you or something?

also has anyone who had there complete status changed multiple times been rejected? or heard anything for that matter?
Could be FAFSA... Or random, no idea. I think some people who were admitted had multiple status changes. Even getting accepted when it went back to "complete" for some reason. I tell ya, between this and the damn Practical Skills book... !

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:15 am

DizzeeRascal wrote:has anyone considered that the change it dates might have to do with when they receive FAFSA information from you or something?

i've gone complete three times. i don't have any fafsa information to send. so, at least for me, fafsa has nothing to do with it.

i am curious about your second question as well.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:24 am

I was updated to the same status on a different date, and got admitted, then went back to complete. Also, I don't believe the fafsa has anything to do with it - as the money they refer to is for merit not financial aid.

wickedzeus

New

Post by wickedzeus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:31 am

my status was updated three times before the deferral email

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IpunchedCharlieRose

New

Post by IpunchedCharlieRose » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am

My status hasn't updated since they sent the link to the checker over two weeks ago.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I will be declining my offer of admissions and 15k per year scholarship today, hopefully it will free up some money for those of you who haven't been offered anything yet. Good luck all!

araiza99

New

Post by araiza99 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm in!! I will decline today. Good luck to the rest of you!

AOI87

New

Post by AOI87 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I got in a few weeks ago with a 6K annual scholarship. I am nearly 100% sure I don't want to go there but I am taking them up on their offer to pay for a trip to see their school. Anyone else going to the preview day?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

matt_b

New

Post by matt_b » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 pm

AOI87 wrote:I got in a few weeks ago with a 6K annual scholarship. I am nearly 100% sure I don't want to go there but I am taking them up on their offer to pay for a trip to see their school. Anyone else going to the preview day?
Just got my acceptance packet at home via snail mail... I'm at work and they don't know I'm leaving so i can't really read it right now. Does it come with an offer to pay for a trip?! that's super sweet!

AOI87

New

Post by AOI87 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:07 pm

I was reading on this thread earlier that the trip was for only some of the admitted applicants. The flier about the trip reimbursement will be in the acceptance package. Look for it.

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Woohoo! Looks like a great day for several of us!! I also got my acceptance via snail mail today, along with a sweet $14,000/year! I am super excited! JUST as excited about the travel stipend, too, because I just saw that airfare to Portland from Kansas City is over $400 per person!! Since my hubby is coming along with me, our plane tickets, hotel stays & rental car will still be quite an expenditure -- the $500 totally makes it do-able. Smart thinking, Lewis & Clark! Otherwise, I doubt I'd go.

Congrats to everyone else!!!!!! Portland looks gorgeous, can't wait!

Starbuck

New

Post by Starbuck » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm

gangreen29 wrote:I applied over a month after newcritic, maybe that is why they got money offered and I got the stupid letter saying they are out of money. I think anyone who went to a decision recently still has hope for money. That letter better not just be some big lie though, lol. Oh well, I just found out I got substantial money at Temple and Syracuse, that eases the sting a bit.
Lewis&Clark is stingy, but tuition is pretty low. Unless you got over 50% scholarship, it should be pretty comparable to SU's tuition. Then again, living cost at SU is dirt cheap while Portland isn't.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jrh

New

Post by jrh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 pm

in at lewis and clark today!!!!!!! with 25k/year!!!!!!!

portland is starting to look mighty nice right about now. i will definitely be there in march for the asw (well not really a weekend) and it's going to be hard to get me to leave.

oh, and the helpful stuff: applied 12/19, complete 1/08 (then decision on 1/28, then back to complete). 168/3.76, in via snail mail.

boone

New

Post by boone » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Applied 12/26, complete 1/15, status checker shuffle 1/30.

In with $$ dated 2/2, received today. Montana resident.

165/3.5

Going.

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 pm

jrh wrote:in at lewis and clark today!!!!!!! with 25k/year!!!!!!!

portland is starting to look mighty nice right about now. i will definitely be there in march for the asw (well not really a weekend) and it's going to be hard to get me to leave.

oh, and the helpful stuff: applied 12/19, complete 1/08 (then decision on 1/28, then back to complete). 168/3.76, in via snail mail.
Cool, I will definitely see you at the AS-not-W! Congrats!! By the way, I love your avatar. Is it from something specific that I would know??

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Also, if anyone else who was accepted recently also applied to the joint JD/LLM in Environmental Law, this may be helpful. The acceptance letter I got in my packet didn't say anything about admission into the joint program, so I wasn't sure if that meant that I was still in review for the LLM portion, or if the omission meant that I had not been accepted into it. So, I contacted Admissions, and they said that my file was currently with the LLM program administrators, and if admitted I will be notified separately (which kind of makes me anxious, because, if I were NOT admitted, I would still want to know as soon as the decision was made... will they tell me at all?? Hmm..)

Just wanted to put that info out there, in case other people were in the same boat!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Got a huge packet from them in the mail today!!

It turned out to be a fw and a bunch of public service info sent about a month ago..sigh.

L&C keeps teasing me like a boy on the playground pulling my hair.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Whitty wrote:Got a huge packet from them in the mail today!!

It turned out to be a fw and a bunch of public service info sent about a month ago..sigh.

L&C keeps teasing me like a boy on the playground pulling my hair.
But that usually means they like you. Good sign?

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 pm

I hope so!

Still stings a little though. :oops:

EscapeIdaho

New

Post by EscapeIdaho » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 am

L&C was the biggest tease but I am officially in today with $9k/year. Probably not enough to sway me to go there, but I might take them up on the generous travel stipend.

For a school that I applied to as a relative safety I never thought I would get so anxious about getting the packet from them. However, some status checker madness and a practical skills booklet and the suspense built itself up. Anyway, good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”