IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tbone101

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by tbone101 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:11 pm

withdrawing soon. did not get a scholarship, so no money, just a seat. :)

beepermad

New

Post by beepermad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Does anyone know when they're supposed to start looking at waitlist/hold decisions?

Whatever they call it now...

...because it's the same thing...

Katy Louise

New

Post by Katy Louise » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm

beepermad wrote:Does anyone know when they're supposed to start looking at waitlist/hold decisions?

I am wondering the same thing. I was told applicants would start being notified in May, but people aren't required to send in their WL form until May 1, so I don't know if they will wait to start looking after that.

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Katy Louise wrote:
beepermad wrote:Does anyone know when they're supposed to start looking at waitlist/hold decisions?

I am wondering the same thing. I was told applicants would start being notified in May, but people aren't required to send in their WL form until May 1, so I don't know if they will wait to start looking after that.
When they sent me my waitlist notification, it said that I could hear anytime between May and August (which is a large part of why I withdrew).

hgurke

New

Post by hgurke » Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Lewis & Clark is going to the waitlist!!! My friend Katie was waitlisted a month ago and just got her offer this afternoon....no $$, though, and her numbers were better than mine...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

firecrackr

New

Post by firecrackr » Wed May 06, 2009 4:45 pm

hgurke wrote:Lewis & Clark is going to the waitlist!!! My friend Katie was waitlisted a month ago and just got her offer this afternoon....no $$, though, and her numbers were better than mine...
Do you know if it was by snail mail or e-mail?

hgurke

New

Post by hgurke » Wed May 06, 2009 4:46 pm

got a phone call, called me right after...good luck to anyone with their fingers still crossed!!!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Wed May 06, 2009 6:09 pm

hgurke wrote:Lewis & Clark is going to the waitlist!!! My friend Katie was waitlisted a month ago and just got her offer this afternoon....no $$, though, and her numbers were better than mine...
So there is hope, after all...

rambo de leon

New

Post by rambo de leon » Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 am

just withdrew so hope one of you TLSers get my spot! Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KIM_SAYS:

New

Post by KIM_SAYS: » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 pm

I just got this email:

"Dear ______,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still ?active? and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!"

I'm assuming I just got waitlisted?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 pm

NicG

New

Post by NicG » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Nemy wrote:I think it also depends on what kind of law you want to practice. If you applied to both of those schools for their environmental law programs, it will definitely be harder to make up 39k unless you find your way into big law. Also keep in mind, that even though the cost of living may be similar, transportation costs between Maine and L&C could end up further straining your budget.

But if you managed to get a 20k merit from Vermont, hopefully you'll also get a competitive offer from L&C when more funds become available.
I wouldn't count on money from L&C. I too received 20K from Vermont and was accepted to L&C but with no $$. good luck though, I thought the people at Vermont were stellar (the Dean Called me personally), but if you'd prefer an actual city then you gotta bite the cost and go to Portland.

+yves+

New

Post by +yves+ » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 am

NicG wrote:
Nemy wrote:I think it also depends on what kind of law you want to practice. If you applied to both of those schools for their environmental law programs, it will definitely be harder to make up 39k unless you find your way into big law. Also keep in mind, that even though the cost of living may be similar, transportation costs between Maine and L&C could end up further straining your budget.

But if you managed to get a 20k merit from Vermont, hopefully you'll also get a competitive offer from L&C when more funds become available.
I wouldn't count on money from L&C. I too received 20K from Vermont and was accepted to L&C but with no $$. good luck though, I thought the people at Vermont were stellar (the Dean Called me personally), but if you'd prefer an actual city then you gotta bite the cost and go to Portland.

What kind of necro is this? If its trolling I don't get it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”