IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tchadwick

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by tchadwick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 pm

gangreen29 wrote:Hey everybody, this is my first post here. So I got my acceptance today, went complete 1/30. The thing is they sent a letter that said all the aid has already been given up for the year, but I am a candidate for scholarship when they give out more money in late April. I was really counting on money from them because I really like the school, but I can't turn down 20,000 a year at W & M for nothing at L & C. Do you think if I explain that I really do want to go there and I need some scholarship as incentive they might offer money before April?
My two cents -- It definitely wouldn't hurt to politely ask, but I would wait until late March. By then, several people may have withdrawn their acceptances, along with their award money. But, what do I know?! Let's see what other people have to say...

emilyadi

New

Post by emilyadi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Just got this via email:
"The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still “active” and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!"

So...I have to sit tight for another few months?

wickedzeus

New

Post by wickedzeus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 pm

emilyadi wrote:Just got this via email:
"The admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still “active” and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. Either way, we will be in touch with you.

We need no additional information from you and will notify you if there is any change in the status of your application. We realize that this process can seem lengthy, and we appreciate your patience!"

i just got the same email... i'm pretty bummed about it, but I guess it's better than a reject. Here's to waiting..

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Okay, I'm started to get pretty anxious.. I applied in October, but re-took the LSAT in December & got a better score - so my application was not complete at L&C until January 5th. And I haven't heard anything since then!! My status checker has went to application complete to decision processed, and back to application complete (like I know some of yours have, too!).... It's just weird, so many people seem to be hearing something, one way or another... strange.... But there are probably lots of you out there like me, too, right? Aaagh!

AlyoshaKmz

New

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Oh boy, just got in via snail mail! Dated 2/2, included a map of Portland, which was a nice touch. Applied in mid-November, had the whole "decision processed" back to "application file complete" drama on 1/22. Good luck to everyone!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 pm

wickedzeus wrote:

i just got the same email... i'm pretty bummed about it, but I guess it's better than a reject. Here's to waiting..
Yeah I got that too, I think its basically a deferral

Hyder

New

Post by Hyder » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:46 pm

kings84_wr wrote:
wickedzeus wrote:

Me 4

yoyo

New

deleted

Post by yoyo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by yoyo on Sat May 09, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tbx59

New

Post by tbx59 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:35 pm

gangreen29 wrote:Hey everybody, this is my first post here. So I got my acceptance today, went complete 1/30. The thing is they sent a letter that said all the aid has already been given up for the year, but I am a candidate for scholarship when they give out more money in late April. I was really counting on money from them because I really like the school, but I can't turn down 20,000 a year at W & M for nothing at L & C. Do you think if I explain that I really do want to go there and I need some scholarship as incentive they might offer money before April?
So long L&C then

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sandia

New

Post by sandia » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:49 pm

Hyder wrote:
kings84_wr wrote:
wickedzeus wrote:

Me 4
Me 6...They say no additional info is needed, so is that a no for an LOCI?

snaps

New

Post by snaps » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 pm

me 7

joobacca

Bronze

Post by joobacca » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

what do your status checkers say?

any info on checker activity is appreciated.

findlayswimmer28

New

Post by findlayswimmer28 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm

I got the same email today. Not too disappointed though. I have acceptances at 3 other schools so I am at least going somewhere.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Me 8. It went into my Spam... good thing I checked it!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm

PS - As for my status checker, it had said 'file complete on 1/7', and then changed to 'file complete: 2/4' on the 4th. Is that what happened for everyone else that got the e-mail?

emilyadi

New

Post by emilyadi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Current Status: Application File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/29/2009

I think it previously said the same thing but with a 1/14/2009 date.

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 pm

emilyadi wrote:Current Status: Application File Complete

Mine is similar, the date has just changed to 2/8/09 but still no decision.. this was the first school I applied to, before Thanksgiving, and I expect to get in, but I will be bummed if they are out of scholarship money when I applied such a long time ago. I didn't get the "deferred" email today, so maybe that's a good sign.... should I follow up with them soon, or just wait?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

boone

New

Post by boone » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Bleh, I was wondering if they would run out of money. Alright, back to the Hastings v. Colorado quandary.

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:46 pm

kalydscopeeyes wrote:
emilyadi wrote:Current Status: Application File Complete

Mine is similar, the date has just changed to 2/8/09 but still no decision.. this was the first school I applied to, before Thanksgiving, and I expect to get in, but I will be bummed if they are out of scholarship money when I applied such a long time ago. I didn't get the "deferred" email today, so maybe that's a good sign.... should I follow up with them soon, or just wait?
I guess we just have to wait. But out of money? That is crap. I thought Lewis and Clark sounded pretty cool, but not for sticker price. Gonna keep my fingers crossed, though... :|

wickedzeus

New

Post by wickedzeus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:05 pm

so is that a no for an LOCI?
i was wondering the same thing, the font in the email seems to be larger for that sentence... so there is nothing we can do at this point?

treehuggingdirtworshiper

New

Post by treehuggingdirtworshiper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sandia

New

Post by sandia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:10 am

I think I will hold off on the LOCI (for now at least), I don't want to annoy the admission committee with unsolicited information. I also noticed that the font was larger on that part of the email.

For those who were wondering, there was no change in my status checker:
Current Status: Application File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/21/2009

Nemy

New

Post by Nemy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 am

I discovered these forums a couple of weeks ago, but figured I would post up to ease some minds. I just got in today with money so there is definitely still a chance for those that have not heard back yet.

FYI
My application was complete sometime near the end of December.
Like others, my status changed to Decision Processed on January 30 and then back to Application Complete
Accepted February 9 via email with attachments

Good luck to the rest of you.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:07 am

AlyoshaKmz wrote:Oh boy, just got in via snail mail! Dated 2/2, included a map of Portland, which was a nice touch. Applied in mid-November, had the whole "decision processed" back to "application file complete" drama on 1/22. Good luck to everyone!!!
*Gasp* Activity! Congrats! I had similar drama but with 1/28, so perhaps I'll know soon as well.

EscapingIndiana

New

Post by EscapingIndiana » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 am

treehuggingdirtworshiper wrote:Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going for environmental law, by chance? I am. Just curious - because that probably helps some applicants, considering that L&C is the #1 ranked environmental law school in the nation.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”