IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kimber1028

Bronze

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:On Law School Numbers.com, what do "N" and "U" stand for beside one's username?

U = Undecided?

N = ?
Jwatson wrote:U= URM
N=non-traditional student

waldodanto

New

Post by waldodanto » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:07 pm

In via snail mail today!!
20k a year scholly, 3.6/169

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 pm

waldodanto wrote:In via snail mail today!!
20k a year scholly, 3.6/169
Congrats waldodanto!! Take me with yyyooouuuuuuuuu!!!!

J Mack

New

Post by J Mack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

attention people who got in via snail mail, could you list the date you received your mail and then your location, or how far away you are from portland

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:47 pm

FYI: Someone on LSN just got in with a 2.9 index.... 162/2.69. The acceptances may be trickling down....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 am

I went to a L&C reception tonight and one of the admissions coordinators told me they just started sending them out in the last couple days and will keep doing so over the next month... She also told me they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT score...

scoobyman

New

Post by scoobyman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:59 am

Congrats to everyone.... I got a message today on my cell from the Assistant Dean of Admissions. 3.9/167. No word of a scholarship. I'm hoping they don't discuss such matters on the machine.

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:53 am

TheRyanocerous wrote:I went to a L&C reception tonight and one of the admissions coordinators told me they just started sending them out in the last couple days and will keep doing so over the next month... She also told me they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT score...

aahhhh crap.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:54 am

pdennis1000 wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:I went to a L&C reception tonight and one of the admissions coordinators told me they just started sending them out in the last couple days and will keep doing so over the next month... She also told me they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT score...

aahhhh crap.
Sorry if that's bad news for you, dennis...

...but it's good for me!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 am

I was told at one of their events that they place emphasis on upward grade trends, though, so I hope that helps!

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 am

kimber1028 wrote:I was told at one of their events that they place emphasis on upward grade trends, though, so I hope that helps!

that, however, is less crappy!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 am

crystalhawkeye wrote:
pdennis1000 wrote:

aahhhh crap.
Sorry if that's bad news for you, dennis...

...but it's good for me!
+1

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am

The way I figure it, if they sent me something it should definitely be here today. People in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California who went decision processed on the 12th seem to have received something. I'm obsessing more about this decision that others. Partially because it is a top choice, and partially because it will help whittle down my list. Is it bad that I want to go to so many schools?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bruiser428

New

Post by bruiser428 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:53 pm

I received a voicemail from their admissions office on Wednesday night and came home from a work trip last night to find the admissions packet with scholarship info. Relevant numbers and dates are below.

Decision processed on 1/12.
Received voicemail on 1/28.
Received packet on 1/29.

162/3.27
Partial scholarship dependent on maintaining a 2.95 gpa
I live in the DC metro area.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info, Bruiser! Congrats!!!

EscapingIndiana

New

Post by EscapingIndiana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Still no "Decision Processed" :(

3.4 overall GPA (biochem major GPA = 3.1)

Do you think a science major will help? I earned straight As in the humanities, but got almost all Bs of some form in biochemistry...

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:Still no "Decision Processed" :(

Do you think a science major will help? I earned straight As in the humanities, but got almost all Bs of some form in biochemistry...

When did you go complete? My bet is that you are not an auto-admit/reject, so they are going to take longer reviewing your application. A science major might help mitigate the GPA a bit, but my guess is that it only makes a small difference.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

EscapingIndiana

New

Post by EscapingIndiana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm

katjust wrote:

When did you go complete? My bet is that you are not an auto-admit/reject, so they are going to take longer reviewing your application. A science major might help mitigate the GPA a bit, but my guess is that it only makes a small difference.
I went complete the first week of January sometime (maybe the 6th or 7th). The status date then changed on 1/21, but I'm still at "Application Complete." What does it mean that it changed on the 21st?

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:
katjust wrote:

I went complete the first week of January sometime (maybe the 6th or 7th). The status date then changed on 1/21, but I'm still at "Application Complete." What does it mean that it changed on the 21st?
It did that for me too. It changed from 11/18 complete to 12/1 complete until it said decision processed.

AlyoshaKmz

New

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:
katjust wrote:

You went complete quite recently, so I wouldn't worry about it. I applied before Thanksgiving and went complete shortly thereafter, and my status checker was at "Application Complete" for a few weeks. It stayed at "application complete" but the date was updated, similar to where you're at right now. Went to decision processed on the 22nd or something, and haven't heard anything since.

Don't fret at all about it.

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm

J Mack wrote:attention people who got in via snail mail, could you list the date you received your mail and then your location, or how far away you are from portland
161/3.6

I got the voice-mail and the snail mail package with the scholarship offer yesterday, 1/29. I went decision 1/15. I'm in Eugene, only about 2 hours south of L & C. Hope that helps. Good luck everyone!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:
J Mack wrote:attention people who got in via snail mail, could you list the date you received your mail and then your location, or how far away you are from portland
161/3.6

I got the voice-mail and the snail mail package with the scholarship offer yesterday, 1/29. I went decision 1/15. I'm in Eugene, only about 2 hours south of L & C. Hope that helps. Good luck everyone!

I can't believe they take 15 days to call and mail the package to you.

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 pm

It's been longer than 15 for me. I went decision on 1/12, but I still have not received anything. I fully expect it today, like I said before (wishful thinking maybe?).

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:23 pm

katjust wrote:It's been longer than 15 for me. I went decision on 1/12, but I still have not received anything. I fully expect it today, like I said before (wishful thinking maybe?).

I noticed that most of my letter decision dated at least 1-2 weeks BEFORE they were actually sent out. LC is probably one of those schools that call you when your decision is about to arrive or is sent out.

EscapingIndiana

New

Post by EscapingIndiana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Are they generally looking at applications in the order that they went complete (first-come, first-served)? Obviously, they pulled out the high-LSAT, high-GPA apps first... but for the rest will they approach them chronologically?

I'm probably way over-thinking this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”