IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tha trev

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by tha trev » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

IN today. Packet in mail. 3.1/165. no scholarship. school said they would reconsider me in may for scholarships if i wanted. (after first deposit deadline.)

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Numbers are 164 3.88 LSAC (3.94 degree)

I also have a MA, but I don't know how much that helps.

ajf110577

New

Post by ajf110577 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 pm

katjust wrote:
newcritic wrote:I went decision processed on the 28th and I'm starting to go nuts waiting to hear, especially where there are people on LSN getting phone calls. I feel like no one's asking me to dance.
I know what you mean, but I have 16 days on you...crossing my fingers for when I get home.
i am in the same boat, decision processed 1/12, and nothing in the mail today. Drop a letter in the friggin' mail, already!

araiza99

New

Post by araiza99 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm

ajf110577 wrote:
katjust wrote:
newcritic wrote:I went decision processed on the 28th and I'm starting to go nuts waiting to hear, especially where there are people on LSN getting phone calls. I feel like no one's asking me to dance.
I know what you mean, but I have 16 days on you...crossing my fingers for when I get home.
i am in the same boat, decision processed 1/12, and nothing in the mail today. Drop a letter in the friggin' mail, already!
Maybe they decide and then it goes to financial aid committee. Maybe it's good that it takes a little while because they are trying to figure out how much money to offer you. :D

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:47 pm

araiza99 wrote:
ajf110577 wrote:
katjust wrote:
Maybe they decide and then it goes to financial aid committee. Maybe it's good that it takes a little while because they are trying to figure out how much money to offer you. :D
There's a pleasant thought.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

csc2law

New

Post by csc2law » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 pm

In today by snail mail. Husband got $, I got nothing, but I am happy I got in!!

p.s. decisions were processed 1/9

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 am

csc2law wrote:In today by snail mail. Husband got $, I got nothing, but I am happy I got in!!

p.s. decisions were processed 1/9
Congrats, I think it would be fun/cool to go to law school with my wife. At least then we would get what each other was going through.

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

Decision Processed 1/12 and still nothing. :(

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 pm

isustudent wrote:Decision Processed 1/12 and still nothing. :(

Where are you located? Can I assume Iowa? I am in Utah, got mine yesterday. I think that most people who got decision processed had their letters sent around the same time. I bet you get yours today, maybe Monday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Hey, for those of you who have been admitted -- Did any of you apply for the joint JD/LLM in environmental law? I was just wondering if they were taking longer to process those (having to go to a second committee or something). Also, if you did apply & were accepted to the joint program, did you also get a scholarship? If so, how does that work? Was the scholarship then renewable for the four years, or just the first three?

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:24 pm

tchadwick wrote:Hey, for those of you who have been admitted -- Did any of you apply for the joint JD/LLM in environmental law? I was just wondering if they were taking longer to process those (having to go to a second committee or something). Also, if you did apply & were accepted to the joint program, did you also get a scholarship? If so, how does that work? Was the scholarship then renewable for the four years, or just the first three?
I didn't apply for the joint program, but I thought that it took 3 1/2 if you apply from the beginning not 4? I was thinking of possibly applying for it after the first or second year if I go there and like what I see. Sorry that I can't help more than saying that I didn't apply.

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:12 pm

katjust wrote:I didn't apply for the joint program, but I thought that it took 3 1/2 if you apply from the beginning not 4?
Sorry, I guess that I meant for the fourth year, which is not a full one - you are right, it is only for 3 1/2 years. Thank goodness, too, because it already makes me nervous enough to have to go back to school for three years without having a real income! Still, I'm not sure how scholarships would work with that extra half year.... ??

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:27 pm

In with money today :) Anybody else planning to attend the ASW?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ajf110577

New

Post by ajf110577 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:30 pm

got the acceptance today, with 12K a year. i was hoping for, but not expecting, a little more. they did, however, give me a $500 travel reimbursement to visit during the march 19 and 20 open house. i've heard that the campus is amazing, and portland in general is pretty cool, so maybe that will help me make a decision. i wish it was earlier then late march, though.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Congrats!!! Mail, I'm assuming? Or did they call on a Saturday?

smalltown

New

Post by smalltown » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Yes, I'm planning to attend the weekend. The travel reimbursement is nice, and I figure I should look since it's such a good environmental school, and just a good school overall.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, and good luck to all who are still waiting.

TheIdiot

New

Post by TheIdiot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 pm

In today with $25K/year scholly. Went to decision on the 12th, the letter is dated the 26th, and I live about 3 miles from the school. Congratulations to everyone and good luck to everyone else.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 am

Just got the letter today, In with 8,000 year. 160, 3.89. Decision 1/15

rwong11

New

Post by rwong11 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:08 am

I'm in!

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:11 am

Congrats everyone! I am still waiting to go complete...all my lor's have been sent in now since abt. 2 weeks, but my status still says file incomplete. i hope that changes soon!

chris0406

New

Post by chris0406 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:18 am

I need help! I went complete 26th but it only shows PT Fall 2009-My intent was to have that 1st choice and full time 2nd. Do you think the admission can fix this? What a clumsy mistake! :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 am

It probably only shows your first choice. Besides, the FT program is more difficult to get into anyway. I can't see you being denied to the PT and being admitted to the FT.

To the person who asked before, I will be attending the ASW. I will probably stop by the other two Oregon law schools on the way there as well.

I know this has been asked before (I think), but who is leaning toward (or decided on) L&C right now? My family thinks that the school is a good fit for me, and my wife definitely wants to live in Portland. I am leaning toward the school, but I see good reasons to go somewhere else also...I guess the visits should help.

tha trev

New

Post by tha trev » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:28 pm

katjust wrote:It probably only shows your first choice. Besides, the FT program is more difficult to get into anyway. I can't see you being denied to the PT and being admitted to the FT.

To the person who asked before, I will be attending the ASW. I will probably stop by the other two Oregon law schools on the way there as well.

I know this has been asked before (I think), but who is leaning toward (or decided on) L&C right now? My family thinks that the school is a good fit for me, and my wife definitely wants to live in Portland. I am leaning toward the school, but I see good reasons to go somewhere else also...I guess the visits should help.
portland's great. withdraw all other apps.

treehuggingdirtworshiper

New

Post by treehuggingdirtworshiper » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 pm

decision processed lewis and clark 1/30, no e-mail yet...crossing my fingers!!

Out of curiosity, did anyone else get an e-mail with someone else's login info for the status checker site? They sent my ID/password in early January, but ALSO sent an e-mail with another applicants information....how very unprofessional!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Just checked my status for the first time in a week (I fasted...) and it now says Decision Processed on the 28th. So I should know sometime this week!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”