In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby catharsis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 pm

any news on when scholarships might be decided??

User avatar
b.gump81
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby b.gump81 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 pm

colby1 wrote:I have had my decision rendered since 1/6, any ideas on why I havent heard anything? The gentleman on the phone told me that I was on hold on their system, so obviously mine is not correct. Has this happened to anyone else?


I had a friend who went DR a couple weeks before they even mailed the letter. It was a rejection, and I believe they send out acceptance emails or updates via status checker. HTH

User avatar
txelle
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby txelle » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 pm

rejected to the PT program via status checker today. good luck to everyone else!

jjj28
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:01 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jjj28 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:22 am

Current Status: Decision Rendered- Admitted!!!! 158/3.82 I was complete and in review on 12/15, then my status changed to in review 1/31, admitted today 2/5. I have 3 years work experience as a teacher.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby catharsis » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

jjj28 wrote:Current Status: Decision Rendered- Admitted!!!! 158/3.82 I was complete and in review on 12/15, then my status changed to in review 1/31, admitted today 2/5. I have 3 years work experience as a teacher.


CONGRATS!!

jjj28
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:01 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jjj28 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:35 am

catharsis wrote:
jjj28 wrote:Current Status: Decision Rendered- Admitted!!!! 158/3.82 I was complete and in review on 12/15, then my status changed to in review 1/31, admitted today 2/5. I have 3 years work experience as a teacher.


CONGRATS!!


thanks!

User avatar
riburn3
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby riburn3 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:44 am

Also admitted today via status checker. I'm part time, Texas resident, and stats in the profile.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Stephanie13 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 am

riburn3 wrote:Also admitted today via status checker. I'm part time, Texas resident, and stats in the profile.

Congrats! When did you go complete? I've been in review for forever!

wannabealonghorn
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby wannabealonghorn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14 pm

For those of you, who got accepted, would you mind sharing when your deposit deadline(s) are?
I just want to know when waitlist movements will start.
Thx.

k10370
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby k10370 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm

wannabealonghorn wrote:For those of you, who got accepted, would you mind sharing when your deposit deadline(s) are?
I just want to know when waitlist movements will start.
Thx.


I'm in via status checker on 2/5. 161/3.4

I haven't actually seen the letter yet so I am not sure when the deposit deadlines are, but will keep ya posted.

secant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby secant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 pm

wannabealonghorn wrote:For those of you, who got accepted, would you mind sharing when your deposit deadline(s) are?
I just want to know when waitlist movements will start.
Thx.


2010-04-15

User avatar
Au lait-olé
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Au lait-olé » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm

The status checker for Houston has not worked for me since Sunday. Anyone else have this problem? Page doesn't load and says certificate not trusted.

nitr0x99
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby nitr0x99 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Is it harder to get in if you are out of state?

Also, do they even give out scholarships? I only see a few on LSN and those are people with numbers much much higher than the 75th percentile

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23912
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Thirteen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Is it possible to apply for both programs (PT and FT) with one application? It seems like the applications are seperate on the LSAC website, so I'm pretty sure they don't allow it. I would rather go FT, but think I might have a better shot at PT (splitter with low GPA).

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby keg411 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:25 pm

nitr0x99 wrote:Is it harder to get in if you are out of state?

Also, do they even give out scholarships? I only see a few on LSN and those are people with numbers much much higher than the 75th percentile


1) Houston has an in-state cap as does UT. So yeah, it's harder OOS.
2) I don't think scholarship information has gone out yet, but from what I know they don't give out that much since it's not expensive to begin with.

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Au lait-olé wrote:The status checker for Houston has not worked for me since Sunday. Anyone else have this problem? Page doesn't load and says certificate not trusted.


I had this problem but then I just waived the certificate (to allow an untrusted site) and it works...

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 pm

choochoo wrote:
Au lait-olé wrote:The status checker for Houston has not worked for me since Sunday. Anyone else have this problem? Page doesn't load and says certificate not trusted.


I had this problem but then I just waived the certificate (to allow an untrusted site) and it works...




Ohh I take this back... that worked for me a couple hours ago when I had this problem. But now it's not loading at all. Perhaps the site is down while they add all of our acceptances?? haha

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby keg411 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 pm

choochoo wrote:
choochoo wrote:
Au lait-olé wrote:The status checker for Houston has not worked for me since Sunday. Anyone else have this problem? Page doesn't load and says certificate not trusted.


I had this problem but then I just waived the certificate (to allow an untrusted site) and it works...




Ohh I take this back... that worked for me a couple hours ago when I had this problem. But now it's not loading at all. Perhaps the site is down while they add all of our acceptances?? haha


I checked it and I'm getting "this site does not exist" :|. Rejection?

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Ha, it's also down when you try to access it from the UH site, so nothing personal :)

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby 02092010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Status Checker works again..........AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED! ahhhh

User avatar
RyShermanJ
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby RyShermanJ » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Yeah Houston is driving me crazy. I wish they would let me know already but I think I am headed towards a waitlist.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby 02092010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 am

What are the tell tale signs of iminent waitlisting? I'm trying to self diagnose here

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby clwilson6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 am

Does anyone know if UH has an early decision process? The schools website talks about an ED process and gives a required application submission date but does not say anything about when early decisions are made. To me it sounds like a quasi-early decision process. You can get your application in early for an early look but no decision is guarenteed to be made before regular decision.

rtx10
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:43 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby rtx10 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 am

clwilson6 wrote:Does anyone know if UH has an early decision process? The schools website talks about an ED process and gives a required application submission date but does not say anything about when early decisions are made. To me it sounds like a quasi-early decision process. You can get your application in early for an early look but no decision is guarenteed to be made before regular decision.


They do have an early decision process and if you apply ED, they guarantee a response before the end of February. The nice thing about it is that it is a non-binding ED.

colby1
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby colby1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I contacted admissions and let them know that I have had decision rendered on my account since January 6. They promptly sent me an email that told me that I have been waitlisted. So the rumor that if you go DR and dont get an update via status checker or email then youre rejected is completely untrue. Hope this helps someone else.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, carlos_danger and 12 guests