In at University of Houston Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
critten

New

Re: In at University of Houston

Post by critten » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:32 pm

my letter dated mar 13 from UT denied got here faster than the uh letter that was sent out apparently the 13th. LOL. BOOOO

DMNeece

New

Post by DMNeece » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm

My status just changed form "In Review" 2/10/2009 to "In Review" 3/16/2009 :shock:

I'm a little nervous...Any thoughts on how close to knowing a decision I am?

southernroots

New

Post by southernroots » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Has anyone that became "Decision Rendered" on Friday heard anything? Since I'm a 3 hour drive away I figured 3 days was more than enough time to have received my decision.

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:07 pm

haven't heard anything yet. i was hoping someone else knew. i hate waiting for these stupid letters.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Hudda Budda wrote:haven't heard anything yet. i was hoping someone else knew. i hate waiting for these stupid letters.
They have nice brochures.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

critten

New

Post by critten » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:48 pm

yeah nothing today, must have been denied and they sent a letter at cheaper postcard rate or something haha

i also live 10mins away from UH

southernroots

New

Post by southernroots » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 am

Received my rejection today. Fuck uh and their admissions committee/staff. I've been accepted to better ranked schools with $$$ so it doesn't make sense but going to uh did make sense for every other aspect of my life. All I have to say to future applicants is beware of their "rolling" admissions process, and don't look forward to the most courteous admissions staff. Congrats to all those admitted

carrowd3

New

Post by carrowd3 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:54 am

withdrew my acceptance yesterday...good luck to those waiting...I hope that one of you get my spot!

eamonbriggs08

Bronze

Post by eamonbriggs08 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 am

arg, this waiting is driving me crazy. Anyone with "File in Review" on "3/16/09" move to "Decision Rendered" yet? I still haven't and want to ASAP. Any Early Decision folks out there in the same boat?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cachua

New

Post by cachua » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:24 pm

I applied after the deadline on 2/28. I'm already "File in Review 3/13/2009". Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? Or send out scholarship info? Seems like they're moving pretty fast, but will they make the April 1st deadline?

G_Girl4098

New

Post by G_Girl4098 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:32 pm

cachua wrote:I applied after the deadline on 2/28. I'm already "File in Review 3/13/2009". Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? Or send out scholarship info? Seems like they're moving pretty fast, but will they make the April 1st deadline?

Reading the previous 13 pages of posts should give you a really good idea.
:D

eamonbriggs08

Bronze

Post by eamonbriggs08 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 pm

G_Girl4098 wrote:
cachua wrote:I applied after the deadline on 2/28. I'm already "File in Review 3/13/2009". Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? Or send out scholarship info? Seems like they're moving pretty fast, but will they make the April 1st deadline?

Reading the previous 13 pages of posts should give you a really good idea.
:D

Hell yeah G_Girl.

santdani

New

Post by santdani » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Hey guys,

Any word on scholarships??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm

wow. waitlisted. not really what i was expecting.

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 pm

santdani wrote:Hey guys,

Any word on scholarships??

No word for me, and I received my acceptance email on 01/04. I guess 10+ weeks isn't enough time to make scholarship decisions.

texas08

New

Post by texas08 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 pm

nontradintexas wrote:No word for me, and I received my acceptance email on 01/04. I guess 10+ weeks isn't enough time to make scholarship decisions.
Dear UofH,

Maybe you'd actually break 50 on USNWR if you didn't push away good applicants by making them wait obscene amounts of time for scholarship information.

Thanks for nothing,

TLS'ers

... but seriously, I don't even know if they'll give me any $ given my low GPA, but I really want to know one way or the other. Taking this long and not being forthcoming with information have pushed them really far down on my list.

overprivileged

New

Post by overprivileged » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:29 am

eamonbriggs08 wrote:arg, this waiting is driving me crazy. Anyone with "File in Review" on "3/16/09" move to "Decision Rendered" yet? I still haven't and want to ASAP. Any Early Decision folks out there in the same boat?
I am. 5 months is a long time to wait. I hate it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

perin

New

Post by perin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 am

Their admissions staff is very frustrating. U of H was my top school, even ahead of UT. I've been accepted in to schools of much higher rank and reputation, but didn't seriously consider them because I want to stay in Houston. After receiving no communication from them since my admissions letter, I'm having my doubts. Tulane's adcom is probably the best, sending school info and financial info in record time, and because of this, I might go ahead and place a deposit. It seems the most appealing thing about U of H to me right now is its location.

lsatismybitchlover

New

Post by lsatismybitchlover » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:20 am

texas08 wrote:
nontradintexas wrote:No word for me, and I received my acceptance email on 01/04. I guess 10+ weeks isn't enough time to make scholarship decisions.
Dear UofH,

Maybe you'd actually break 50 on USNWR if you didn't push away good applicants by making them wait obscene amounts of time for scholarship information.

Thanks for nothing,

TLS'ers

... but seriously, I don't even know if they'll give me any $ given my low GPA, but I really want to know one way or the other. Taking this long and not being forthcoming with information have pushed them really far down on my list.

TITFuckingCR... +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

fancypants

New

Post by fancypants » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:36 am

In this morning via email. Complete 2/2.

santdani

New

Post by santdani » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am

lsatismybitchlover wrote:
texas08 wrote:
Dear UofH,

Thanks for nothing,

TLS'ers

TITFuckingCR... +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
not only do I agree, but I stand speechless!!!
admitted first week of Jan...and from the looks of it, it seems that ppl last year got their info earlier.

Here s to hoping insane schollys will rekindle our interest, till then, booooo!!

DAni

ps i spoke to an admission guy a while back, and he told me that this year there isn t too much money to go around. Obviously take it FWIW

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

davend99

New

Post by davend99 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 am

email message this morning stating i was accepted

went complete 1/22

perin

New

Post by perin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 am

santdani wrote: ps i spoke to an admission guy a while back, and he told me that this year there isn t too much money to go around. Obviously take it FWIW
Oh I hope he's wrong. I'm aware the economy isn't exactly hot right now, but I wonder if there are other reasons why they don't have much money to offer. I hope their rankings don't fall.

santdani

New

Post by santdani » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 pm

perin wrote:
santdani wrote: ps i spoke to an admission guy a while back, and he told me that this year there isn t too much money to go around. Obviously take it FWIW
Oh I hope he's wrong. I'm aware the economy isn't exactly hot right now, but I wonder if there are other reasons why they don't have much money to offer. I hope their rankings don't fall.
meh...for what i can remember, he did not mention the status of the economy in particular. Regardless, tuition is relatively cheap (even for us out-of-state),so even a small amount of $ can make a difference.

anyways, good luck everyone!!

DAni

eamonbriggs08

Bronze

Post by eamonbriggs08 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Houston LOCI

Houston Admissions Office,

I want you. You control my emotions like a high school girlfriend who is probably out of my league but considered giving me a chance because I surprised her with flowers in front of her parents. Validate me with an acceptance letter. We are meant for each other. I am an Austinite. If you do not accept me, I will be forced to attend the University of Denver or Texas Tech. One is cold. The other is in Lubbock. I will take you to prom in a limo and buy you a nice dinner. I asked you out in late October, I have been patiently waiting for you to check the yes box in the do you like me-like me note I left in your locker. My parents think I'm cool, so should you. Hit me back. Soon. Please. I have my phone with me and can check e-mail on it. So yeah. Call me. Talk to you later. Bye. *smiley face*.

XOXOXO

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”