In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sparky

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Sparky » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:01 pm

OasisFan wrote:Anyone else get that weird email about having to get some LSDAS reports re-ordered from LSAC because of technical difficulties with their online versions?

I got the wierd e-mail. I don't have anything out of the ordinary on my status checker, though. What a brilliant new idea: blame your tardiness on technical difficulties. I wonder if that will fly as an excuse in law school...

OasisFan

Postby OasisFan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Sparky wrote:
OasisFan wrote:Anyone else get that weird email about having to get some LSDAS reports re-ordered from LSAC because of technical difficulties with their online versions?

I got the wierd e-mail. I don't have anything out of the ordinary on my status checker, though. What a brilliant new idea: blame your tardiness on technical difficulties. I wonder if that will fly as an excuse in law school...

+1

texas08

Postby texas08 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Sparky wrote:OasisFan wrote:
Anyone else get that weird email about having to get some LSDAS reports re-ordered from LSAC because of technical difficulties with their online versions?

My report was re-ordered but I didn't get an e-mail saying that they were doing it. I only noticed because I'm waiting on an additional LOR for a couple other schools I haven't been accepted to yet. I'm hoping maybe they are making scholarship decisions since I've already been accepted and I don't think they would need my LSDAS report again unless they are reviewing my file again for something :D .

agr0n9

Postby agr0n9 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

I also have changed to decision rendered. Eeeek.

DMNeece

Postby DMNeece » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 pm

For those of yall listed as "decision rendered," when did you go into review?

agr0n9

Postby agr0n9 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 pm

I went "complete" twice. Once on 1/21 I think and 2/17. What does everyone's (especially those who have already been admitted) status checker say under mailings? Does it say decision letter mailed? If you have been accepted does it say "accpetance email sent"?

OasisFan

Postby OasisFan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

I went complete way back in december, then I got "Hold" on my application, then retook the feb LSAT and now am Complete on March 5th...at this rate i'll be in Review in April and be notified in May??!??! :evil: :evil: :evil:

southernroots

Postby southernroots » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm

DMNeece wrote:For those of yall listed as "decision rendered," when did you go into review?

I went into review Jan. 8 and than updated again on March 8. Submitted my app at the end of October for EA.

Hudda Budda

Postby Hudda Budda » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:57 pm

finally...decision rendered...now i wait to find out what happens.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:57 pm

+1 on the weird email. :?

lawschoolchick73

Postby lawschoolchick73 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Well at least decisions are finally being rendered again! Hopefully this means I will hear soon too... since my file has been complete since october....

Oh, and southernroots- I saw that your top 2 are prob. tulane and uh. Those are mine too!... just waiting to hear from UH still....

agr0n9

Postby agr0n9 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 am

Anyone hear anything yet?

OasisFan

Postby OasisFan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 pm

agr0n9 wrote:Anyone hear anything yet?

BUMP! :mrgreen:

southernroots

Postby southernroots » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:55 pm

agr0n9 wrote:Anyone hear anything yet?

I haven't heard anything yet. Called yesterday and asked if they could tell me what the decision was since I would be away for spring break. He kinda laughed and said no. Guess it was worth a shot

Hudda Budda

Postby Hudda Budda » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 pm

it's the mu'fu'in weeeeeeeekeeeend.

decisions seem to have been made on fri, sooo...probably won't get emails till at least monday i'm assuming if they even do send emails for this batch. snail mail probably not till tues-thurs.

MLong

Postby MLong » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am

Killing me. I'm in at LSU and from Louisiana, but U of H's standing in the field of Health Law is unbeatable in this area, so I would drop LSU in a heartbeat to go there. But, time......it is a ticking away.

CMON HOUSTON!!!!!

critten

Postby critten » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:03 pm

hrmmm well my lsat is far below UH so i don't expect to get in. Mine went to rendered friday, and i noticed that decision mailed out friday in the right middle box. Any idea what that means? Didn't get any emails, just noticed it changed. Thanks! good luck all, I probably will be attending texas southern and trying to do well to transfer out....

G_Girl4098

Postby G_Girl4098 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm

You may have been waitlisted. They send waitlist notifications via letter too.

critten

Postby critten » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 pm

G_Girl4098 wrote:You may have been waitlisted. They send waitlist notifications via letter too.

Well i guess i might get the news today, as i live in houston. I stupidly sent it to my campus mail box so i have to go get it...with my luck i'll get there 2hrs before the mailman! thanks for the help, maybe see you all in a year haha

MLong

Postby MLong » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 pm

As I said, I'm from Louisiana with a 156 and 3.1, female, non-URM. I was Pre-Med undergrad and worked for 8 years establishing a Bariatric Surgery practice for a friend. Tons of experience in Healthcare Administration including work with all legal aspects of interjecting a new procedure/capability into a community as well as various healthcare facilities. Was eye-opening. Definitely want to go into Health Law and then into political healthcare reform. Elaborated on this in an e-mail version of LOCI.

My status checker has remained the same since early January.

I'm aware I'm below the typical LSAT/GPA. Any thoughts on my chances?

G_Girl4098

Postby G_Girl4098 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:53 pm

MLong wrote:As I said, I'm from Louisiana with a 156 and 3.1, female, non-URM. I was Pre-Med undergrad and worked for 8 years establishing a Bariatric Surgery practice for a friend. Tons of experience in Healthcare Administration including work with all legal aspects of interjecting a new procedure/capability into a community as well as various healthcare facilities. Was eye-opening. Definitely want to go into Health Law and then into political healthcare reform. Elaborated on this in an e-mail version of LOCI.

FT or PT?
I think all that experience definitely helps when your numbers aren't quite as high as you might like.
I'm in the same boat; unfortunately, that means we might be the people who don't hear until May.

overprivileged

Postby overprivileged » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:53 pm

My status date updated today for the third time, but I was originally In Review on 1/8/09, my file was complete 11/2/08 and my app was submitted for ED. Seat deposits at other schools start being due 4/1/09. hmpf.

"[UH is] still using the same rolling review process that [they] have always used, which is based on the date the LSAC originally generated your electronic LSDAS report" - my butt.

critten

Postby critten » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:06 pm

overprivileged wrote:My status date updated today for the third time, but I was originally In Review on 1/8/09, my file was complete 11/2/08 and my app was submitted for ED. Seat deposits at other schools start being due 4/1/09. hmpf.

"[UH is] still using the same rolling review process that [they] have always used, which is based on the date the LSAC originally generated your electronic LSDAS report" - my butt.

what did the status update change to? I have about the same timeline as you but mine was rendered friday and sent friday :/ But then again i am pretty sure i am denied haha

MLong

Postby MLong » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm

G_Girl4098 wrote:
MLong wrote:As I said, I'm from Louisiana with a 156 and 3.1, female, non-URM. I was Pre-Med undergrad and worked for 8 years establishing a Bariatric Surgery practice for a friend. Tons of experience in Healthcare Administration including work with all legal aspects of interjecting a new procedure/capability into a community as well as various healthcare facilities. Was eye-opening. Definitely want to go into Health Law and then into political healthcare reform. Elaborated on this in an e-mail version of LOCI.

FT or PT?
I think all that experience definitely helps when your numbers aren't quite as high as you might like.
I'm in the same boat; unfortunately, that means we might be the people who don't hear until May.

WOW! May?? I didn't know they could take that long. I'll have to put the seat deposit down at LSU before then. Ah well - good to know.

And, I'm applying FT.

overprivileged

Postby overprivileged » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:11 pm

critten wrote:
overprivileged wrote:My status date updated today for the third time, but I was originally In Review on 1/8/09, my file was complete 11/2/08 and my app was submitted for ED. Seat deposits at other schools start being due 4/1/09. hmpf.

what did the status update change to? I have about the same timeline as you but mine was rendered friday and sent friday :/ But then again i am pretty sure i am denied haha

It didn't change. I'm still in review.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”